Add old sub rewards to the CM

Joedangod

It'd be great if old cosmetic sub rewards could be made available on the Cartel Market.

Personally I'd really love to get my hands on the HK jetpack/mask yet unfortunately find that there is no method by which I could obtain these items legitimately (account selling/buying is against the ToS after all). It's certainly irritating when the one item you wanted to bring a character look together is totally unavailable to you.

Reselling these items on the Cartel Market (at a reasonably high price) seems like it would be a fair option. People who subbed for those items have had a nice long period of exclusivity and reselling them to new players is easy money to fund further development on new content.

The HK helmet (it's a full-head helmet, sort of, not a mask) isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's clearly for cosplayers: https://i.imgur.com/Vz72dAB.jpg

The skin-coloured area at the bottom of the helmet is my character's chin. That will be clearly visible in any close-up cut-scene. There are similar skin-visibility issues at the rear area of the lower jaw on both sides.

EDIT: I'm not saying that to discourage your suggestion, but merely so that you understand what you'd be buying if they implement it.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

It'd be great if old cosmetic sub rewards could be made available on the Cartel Market.

Personally I'd really love to get my hands on the HK jetpack/mask yet unfortunately find that there is no method by which I could obtain these items legitimately (account selling/buying is against the ToS after all). It's certainly irritating when the one item you wanted to bring a character look together is totally unavailable to you.

Reselling these items on the Cartel Market (at a reasonably high price) seems like it would be a fair option. People who subbed for those items have had a nice long period of exclusivity and reselling them to new players is easy money to fund further development on new content.

I have mixed opinions, as a long time subscriber I will say that one of the entire points of these awards was that they were limited time... in order to pressure people to keep up their subs... and to some extent it worked as I kept mine active even when I wasn't playing (though I did miss some things I would have had to be active for). If they release them the value of having kept the subs up will diminish, and it will discourage people from keeping subs active for fear of missing out since "I can get everything else later, and probably for less than $15/month".

That said, I do think they should do subscriber rewards more frequently to encourage people to keep up their subs, and give people a chance at new stuff just for supporting the game.

If they release them the value of having kept the subs up will diminish, and it will discourage people from keeping subs active for fear of missing out since "I can get everything else later, and probably for less than $15/month".

I feel like the effects of this can be pretty well mitigated by just pricing the items individually as more expensive than the single months sub was. If each item was priced at around 1600CC it would mostly just emphasise how great a deal it was to get the sub and an expensive item for free. Could even keep them relatively exclusive by making them a rotating thing in the Cartel Market rather than constantly available.

As far as continuing sub rewards goes; I'm really absolutely against it unless the rewards are made available in the Cartel Market at a later date. The thing about "fear of missing out" is that it only applies to people who are actually around/aware at the time. All those who were totally unaware come back, see a cool item, look up how to get it and then become dejected when they realise they have no means by which to obtain it. If I could retroactively sub for those few months in order to get the rewards I probably would...I might have a little more money than I do sense, but still; point stands.

I have mixed opinions, as a long time subscriber I will say that one of the entire points of these awards was that they were limited time... in order to pressure people to keep up their subs... and to some extent it worked as I kept mine active even when I wasn't playing (though I did miss some things I would have had to be active for). If they release them the value of having kept the subs up will diminish, and it will discourage people from keeping subs active for fear of missing out since "I can get everything else later, and probably for less than $15/month".

That said, I do think they should do subscriber rewards more frequently to encourage people to keep up their subs, and give people a chance at new stuff just for supporting the game.

Omg, I know, really.

I feel like the effects of this can be pretty well mitigated by just pricing the items individually as more expensive than the single months sub was. If each item was priced at around 1600CC it would mostly just emphasise how great a deal it was to get the sub and an expensive item for free. Could even keep them relatively exclusive by making them a rotating thing in the Cartel Market rather than constantly available.

As far as continuing sub rewards goes; I'm really absolutely against it unless the rewards are made available in the Cartel Market at a later date. The thing about "fear of missing out" is that it only applies to people who are actually around/aware at the time. All those who were totally unaware come back, see a cool item, look up how to get it and then become dejected when they realise they have no means by which to obtain it. If I could retroactively sub for those few months in order to get the rewards I probably would...I might have a little more money than I do sense, but still; point stands.

Like the other poster mentioned, some of us subbed and didn't play, just~ to get the sub reward (self included, multiple times). 1600 cc is pretty < the price of a per month sub of ~$16 (2400 cc for $~21 (taking in account some tax).

Well as things stand now I believe they already released too many things to the general player base. I for example think the "Shroud Of Memory" mission should have remained exclusive to subscribers. Making things more expensive than the sub doesn't exactly equal the point that these things were supposed to be EXCLUSIVE to those who maintained a sub at the right time. I think having HK-55 return and getting ZO-OM is something people now should not be able to acheive for any price.... of course I suspect we will have to agree to disagree.

If you make subscriber rewards obtainable later there is no point to maintaining the account for the long term which is the idea. The idea is someone might not just pay for one month for a reward (giving the reward a $15 value) but keep it running just to be sure not to miss anything, which I, and numerous other people did. To even use the logic your using you would probably have to make every reward cost more than the computer most people are playing on... and see part of the appeal was always "exclusive content" if it ceases to be exclusive it's no longer special. The only thing that would cause me to object is if the stuff they gave out as sub rewards (which I still maintain should come back more frequently) provided more of a substantial gameplay advantage.... for the most part it doesn't. The exclusive companions were brilliant because people both wanted them (and still want them) and at the same time they don't really upset game balance.

Also let's be honest, there is a certain feeling to any new character I create getting like 46 pieces of mail with attachments (mostly items, many of them unobtainabe any other way) based on my support of the game. This is one of the few games where being a founder and long term supporter seems to have actually mattered, and I feel like putting most of this stuff in the cartel market would diminish that. I for example feel the HK mission should be *MY* mission and for people like me, I don't think anyone else should be able to have it or ever see it for any price.... there is a certain appeal to the idea that if say Trump took up SWTOR and offered billions and presidential favor he still couldn't play the mission... (although in reality EA is corrupt enough they would sell out in a heart beat, I'm pretending there was a principle involved... and by putting it up for CC they sold out for a lot less).

If you make subscriber rewards obtainable later there is no point to maintaining the account for the long term which is the idea. The idea is someone might not just pay for one month for a reward (giving the reward a $15 value) but keep it running just to be sure not to miss anything, which I, and numerous other people did. To even use the logic your using you would probably have to make every reward cost more than the computer most people are playing on...

The subscriber rewards were an incentive to keep a subscription going, they weren't sold individually. As such in the worst case scenario where someone subbed purely for the reward and didn't play for a second of that sub time the item would be worth $15, in all other cases the item would be devalued as the user merely got the item as a bonus for their subscription. In other words the cap on the value of those items was $15 with the average value being less. As such any CM listing of those sub rewards shouldn't really exceed the ballpark of $15-20, logically you don't get anywhere near the price of an entire computer for one basic item. So long as the sub at the time is cheaper than the Cartel Market price of the item the people who subbed got the better deal.

Of course that estimation/explanation of price totally ignores the main factor for which I personally wish these items were to be made available again: For me they were not available the first time around. I was not aware of the game at the time and so I simply never had the opportunity to get the item in the first place. From my perspective this is an item which I'd be totally willing to fulfil the requirements to unlock...but never had a chance to do so. It just sucks to be excluded from such things.

I for example feel the HK mission should be *MY* mission and for people like me, I don't think anyone else should be able to have it or ever see it for any price....

This is a point where we very much will disagree on. As far as I'm concerned so long as someone fulfils the requirements by which to unlock something they should be able to unlock it regardless of when they played. Your commitment should be the important thing, not when you made that commitment. Even in games where I do hold a bunch of exclusive items that are no longer available I don't have any problems with people asking for those same items to be obtainable through the original method (or an equivalent one). What other people have/don't have doesn't really concern me.

Like the other poster mentioned, some of us subbed and didn't play, just~ to get the sub reward (self included, multiple times). 1600 cc is pretty < the price of a per month sub of ~$16 (2400 cc for $~21 (taking in account some tax).

As a clarification in order to get 1600CC you need to pay more than the price of a sub. That's all that number was based on.

But again, I don't particularly care about the price so much as the availability. They should be available to players who weren't even aware of the game during that time.

As a clarification in order to get 1600CC you need to pay more than the price of a sub. That's all that number was based on.

But again, I don't particularly care about the price so much as the availability. They should be available to players who weren't even aware of the game during that time.

I'm fine with "sharing the wealth", although newer players aren't entitled to old sub rewards. Major exceptions: Founder's title should be for actual founders, AND CE and preorder/razr vendor stuff aren't sub stuff: no way ever on those and I don't ever want to see this [encroachment] on them in the future, after players get their hands on sub rewards, like everything else.

Nico & Shae, I mean come on, they're in the opening cinematics, just bring them back (I know, that's silly). PvP ranked vendor has to bring everything back, too, [they're not special]. EVERYTHING ELSE OF PVP RANKED HAS TO BE BRING BACK: HAVE TO MAKE IT FAIR ACROSS THE BOARD - is a huge issue I see. PvE has had [everything] (pretty much) brought back, now sub rewards. Til that happens or doesn't: NICO AND SHAE VIZLA ONLY.

Edited by Willjb

Then Why? are you trying to make a character look a certain way when YOU KNOW you AREN'T entitled to the jetpack to begin with: faulty logic.

I can agree to bringing back NICO & SHAE ONLY (which is more than generous). If everything else is brought back to appease the encroaching Johnny-come-latelies, who didn't support this game in its lowest points, it defeats the purpose of customer loyalty throughout the years, not to mention responsibility to sub during reward windows and THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF SUB REWARDS TO BEGIN WITH :rolleyes: Edited by Willjb

-1, Not Signed.

Your angst about it doesnt affect my opinion but your edge is dualy noted, still /signed, as someone that has every sub reward /signed, put every single one on the anniversary vendor next year and end this nonsense pixel ownership argument these lot are having with themselves /signed.

(earning things in game is still best but the CM is also a viable solution, get paid!)

Then Why? are you trying to make a character look a certain way when YOU KNOW you AREN'T entitled to the jetpack to begin with: faulty logic.

Didn't ask for it to be free, just asked for the opportunity to buy it like people did when it was available as I had no knowledge of it at the time. Technically I even asked for it to be available in a more expensive way than it originally was.

In this situation the only difference between me and a person who has the sub rewards is that they happened to know about/play the game at a time where the rewards could be obtained whereas I came to the game at a later date and straight up never had a chance to unlock it. That's it.

These items aren't really related to the time when they were released. The whole thing was just a case of FOMO to inspire people to continue subbing during that time. I too, wish to pay to unlock these rewards. Couldn't do it when it happened, would be happy to do it now.

To be clear I'm not asking for all things to be available again. Stuff like the founders title should absolutely remain unavailable at this point since anyone coming to the game after that point can't actually be considered a founder.

Edited by Joedangod

Your angst about it doesnt affect my opinion but your edge is dualy noted, still /signed, as someone that has every sub reward /signed, put every single one on the anniversary vendor next year and end this nonsense pixel ownership argument these lot are having with themselves /signed.

(earning things in game is still best but the CM is also a viable solution, get paid!)

Mhmmm late 2015 Johnny-come-lately. Try trolling and encroaching somewhere else, and you've only fooled yourself. GJ! Good thing there aren't more of such like you; keep pretending while so adamantly trying to "fight" for sub rewards (for SOME reason) you [don't] have: it's sad, very (such delusion). Aside from your evident lack of integrity, your proposal to turn everything into a Galactic Soup Kitchen will alway deserve: -1, Opposed.

Edited by Willjb

Didn't ask for it to be free, just asked for the opportunity to buy it like people did when it was available as I had no knowledge of it at the time. Technically I even asked for it to be available in a more expensive way than it originally was.

In this situation the only difference between me and a person who has the sub rewards is that they happened to know about/play the game at a time where the rewards could be obtained whereas I came to the game at a later date and straight up never had a chance to unlock it. That's it.

These items aren't really related to the time when they were released. The whole thing was just a case of FOMO to inspire people to continue subbing during that time. I too, wish to pay to unlock these rewards. Couldn't do it when it happened, would be happy to do it now.

To be clear I'm not asking for all things to be available again. Stuff like the founders title should absolutely remain unavailable at this point since anyone coming to the game after that point can't actually be considered a founder.

Sorry, but it's not right for people who didn't support this game through its lowest points, keeping the lights on, to now expect to reap the fruits of their customer loyalty. Johnny-come-latelies already got an undeserved bringing back and easy access to ALL the CM Reputation Vendors stuff that originally cost us old players HUNDREDS , IF NOT THOUSANDS, HK&The Shroud, Nico&Shae Vizla, come on [YOUR WELCOME]. This won't stop until EVERYTHING sub and rare is given away. Then, all the gear/speeders from 1.0, 2.0 came back: just wrong. This ENCROACHMENT has to have its limits. Newer players want everything for a pittance and shinies THEY KNOW they DON'T rate, and will do and say anything to get it as ^*Monumenta has shown (who is far from the first one who has been caught, without any shame.)

Perhaps, when ALL the PvP Ranked stuff has been brought back, namely color crystals.

Edited by Willjb

Sorry, but it's not right for people who didn't support this game through its lowest points, keeping the lights on, to now expect to reap the fruits of their customer loyalty. Johnny-come-latelies already got an undeserved bringing back and easy access to ALL the CM Reputation Vendors stuff that originally cost us old players HUNDREDS , IF NOT THOUSANDS, HK&The Shroud, Nico&Shae Vizla, come on [YOUR WELCOME]. This won't stop until EVERYTHING sub and rare is given away. Then, all the gear/speeders from 1.0, 2.0 came back: just wrong. This ENCROACHMENT has to have its limits. Newer players want everything for a pittance and shinies THEY KNOW they DON'T rate, and will do and say anything to get it as ^*Monumenta has shown (who is far from the first one who has been caught, without any shame.)

I have ALL of the sub rewards, Ive played this game for 7 years, and for the record I have literally never equipped any HK gear besides the jetpack ever.

Peeps that weren't here over the years WERENT HERE, they arent freeloaders they weren't 'not supporting' the game, they WERENT HERE weren't playing the game probably had no idea it existed. Im happy they are here now, dont feel superior to them in any way based on my previous game play, and want them to stay. Maybe you just need to change your perspective.

This pixel worship on both ends can end whenever the devs like, pump out the content of an actual AAA mmo title and new and old players alike will have so much to do that these conversations will just magically fall away, until then this isnt the kind of game that features much for unique items and game play from back in the day, its obvious they gotta use all the assets on hand to compete, and frankly I think the maintenance crew with the customer service dude in charge has been doing way better than the Monetize the Internet guy that ran the game for years. The last couple years have been great and if we can keep some of these young bloods on the hook with some of these items and events and whatever they got back there hopefully we can have a few more.

I have ALL of the sub rewards, Ive played this game for 7 years, and for the record I have literally never equipped any HK gear besides the jetpack ever.

Peeps that weren't here over the years WERENT HERE, they arent freeloaders they weren't 'not supporting' the game, they WERENT HERE weren't playing the game probably had no idea it existed. Im happy they are here now, dont feel superior to them in any way based on my previous game play, and want them to stay. Maybe you just need to change your perspective.

This pixel worship on both ends can end whenever the devs like, pump out the content of an actual AAA mmo title and new and old players alike will have so much to do that these conversations will just magically fall away, until then this isnt the kind of game that features much for unique items and game play from back in the day, its obvious they gotta use all the assets on hand to compete, and frankly I think the maintenance crew with the customer service dude in charge has been doing way better than the Monetize the Internet guy that ran the game for years. The last couple years have been great and if we can keep some of these young bloods on the hook with some of these items and events and whatever they got back there hopefully we can have a few more.

^I disagree with all you said, 2015 Founder. This game IS about turning a profit, NOT about ToR welfare plans. Like any business, it should honor its promotions and keep its integrity as much as possible. If players didn't pay or promote this game during earlier times, guess the logical conclusion?!-----> they DIDN'T support this game. Sorry, but ignorance doesn't count. Also, newer players have had TONS of breaks at the expense of veteran players. If they were just pixel content, not worth it, then why are you here?!:rolleyes:

I wholeheartedly disagree, the previous method was far superior because it kept content coming at a fast pace while helping BioWare a lot more (win-win; and those didn't invest in the company as much could use credits to buy the goods off the GTN - that was balanced, as opposed to this more socialist cr@p model of mob rule - notice how this game's quality went down the toilet as soon as the old model was gone: Business 101, kids), emphasized different tiers of rarety of goods [unlike today, w laughable dwindling content of goods, and NO rarity bc everything is one click away]. If it wasn't so much: (crying) I want it and I want it NOW, then perhaps you'd look at it from a more experienced perspective. It HAS become, in large, a Galactic Soup Kitchen program because people don't want to really support the game and just want everything easy, and all is socialist, barely anything rare (which will eradicated/ gone forever if BW caves in to giving up), and most of all BORING.

(imitation is the highest form of flattery: now you're talking like me; you're far from the first, throughout the years, lol)

Edited by Willjb

the previous method was far superior because it kept content coming at a fast pace

I quit reading here because this is a joke, this game has Never kept content coming at a fast pace in a manor that compares to any of its competitors, your opinions wont change facts and as the devs obviously agree with me based on their recent behaviors I will leave you to your disappointments here, Im sorry you cant see the clear benefits.