Jedi Sage Level 50 build

_Ekinox_

Greetings,

I changed this post as nobody replied, maybe it was too long to read or not enough people interested any-more. I don't know.

Anyway I re-edited my build as Jedi Sage to be a complete healer. Now my question, I hardly survive in Flashpoints and Dailies, any recommendations:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GubRRdddGzZf00MZ0M.2

Many thanks for your help and may the Force be with you.

Edited by _Ekinox_

Howdy,

The build is basically fine, it is similar enough to most full sage healing builds that you should be good to go.

Without knowing exactly what you're running into, here are some tips:

1. If possible, cast Rejuvenate before casting your next heal. It will make your next heal faster, better, etc.

2. Using Force Armor (bubble) when someone isn't taking damage is a waste of force.

3. After casting Healing Trance, use a Noble Sacrifice if you have a Respendance up.

4. Don't cast Salvation without Rejuvenate beforehand, it's very expensive.

5. The area of effect of Salvation is actually wider than the visible green circle. This can allow you to cast it in between party members and they can still benefit from it without standing directly in it.

6. Your best "Oh ****" heal is Force Armor -> Rejuvenate -> Healing Trance.

7. If needed, you can follow that with a Force Potency -> Deliverance -> Deliverance and bring someone from the brink of death back to full health.

Can you elaborate on any details about what happens when you're having a hard time?

Edited by Khevar

Greetings,

I changed this post as nobody replied, maybe it was too long to read or not enough people interested any-more. I don't know.

Anyway I re-edited my build as Jedi Sage to be a complete healer. Now my question, I hardly survive in Flashpoints and Dailies, any recommendations:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GubRRdddGzZf00MZ0M.2

Many thanks for your help and may the Force be with you.

Salvation should always be on the tanks/ melee.

If you're using Benevolence, you're doing it wrong.

Those are the two main suggestions I have.

Edit: After looking at your spec I would go with this build instead:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GrrRrd0dGzZf00MZ0M.2

That new free heal is awesome.

Edited by BlznSmri

You're having problems with survival through the dailies.......... The spec is a fine one.

companion - use Qyzen or Iresso, and pull enemies by ordering the companion to attack & then bubbling the companion. Make no other casts until after they hit something, then immediately cast either lift or rejuvenate depending on if you need the cc. Turn off any companion ability they have which effects more than 1 target, and make sure they are in their threat boosting stance. Their gear is as important as your own.

abilities - benevolence, project, saber hits, & mind crush are to be used very carefullly by a healing sage.

common scenarios:

1) 1 strong + 1-2 weaks - comp attacks strong > you kill 1 weak with TK Throw > Force Quake

2) 3 or more weaks - comp attacks > you force Quake 2-3 times

3) 2 or more strongs - comp attacks 1 strong > you lift second strong > either single target dps weaks > or assist comp

4) any elite - comp attacks a weaker mob > you lift elite > relift elite when cd on force lift expires. Kill elite after everything else is dead.

5) any healing mob is you & your companion's first target.

Things you have to do in the dailies you didn't have to do while leveling hardly at all.

1) Any time you see an AoE marker on your feet- you move PERIOD. Don't just heal through it.

2) You have to use your Interrupt to stop certain high damage casts from some of the strongs, elites, & champs (Heat beam from Esh-Ka & torvix elites are some examples)

3) You have to use your cleanse to stop abilities like crushing darkness & Whirlwind - arfter they are cast, don't waste your interrupt on them.

4) Identify the healing mobs and kill or cc them first, so that they never have a chance to heal anything but themselves. (repair droids, sith adepts, torvix bruisers, etc)

5) If you are being attacked, instruct your companion to attack that target, just to hit it a few times & get it to change targets.

Dailies and FP are two completely different things. Don't even bother with the FPs until the dailies feel easy. You should be able to solo Darkness on iIum with level 50 blue mods & purple 51 armorings from the daily vender. Otherwise your priority needs to be tightening up your game play, swapping targets efficiently, and improving your reaction times. You can change to your next target during a cast if you didn't already know.

I can relate. After getting all the way to level 50 and Ilum as a TK Sage, I respec'ed to heals to try it out--and see if it would cut down my group finder queue time. Tested it out (used one of the popular Seer builds) and got completely mauled by regular groups of strongs/standards in a daily quest.

The healing guide that's stickied in this forum (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=500368) was really helpful. My advice: Read it (especially the priority flowchart, force management, and notes on seer abilities). Play a bit. Read it again. Play some more. Re-read it. The first time I read the guide, I didn't understand everything because I didn't have enough experience with any of the skills. But practice helps a lot. Good luck!

Many thanks for all your great feedback :jawa_biggrin:

I actually started to make Flashpoints as Healer and died 4 times during one single Flashpoint (level 46-50) as the mobs attacked me and my health went so quickly down then never before. I don't want to blame my Flashpoints mates as they were quite occupied too with the other mobs, but I definitely feel very weak. Maybe it is my play-style. In any case I will try to follow all your advises, do Dailies first and try to get geared-up as well as refer to the proposed guide.

I run already much around and could not find the vendor to get "level 50 blue mods & purple 51 armorings from the daily vender", where is he located ?

I actually started to make Flashpoints as Healer and died 4 times during one single Flashpoint (level 46-50) as the mobs attacked me and my health went so quickly down then never before. I don't want to blame my Flashpoints mates as they were quite occupied too with the other mobs, but I definitely feel very weak. Maybe it is my play-style. In any case I will try to follow all your advises, do Dailies first and try to get geared-up as well as refer to the proposed guide.

I run already much around and could not find the vendor to get "level 50 blue mods & purple 51 armorings from the daily vender", where is he located ?

If you have multiple mobs attacking you, the healer, it is very much your Flashpoint Mates fault. The tank (or Tanks) are not doing their job very well if multiple mobs are attacking you.

Ideally, your teammates should be doing damage to everyone so that your heals don't attract the attention of the mobs. However, there are definitely certain flashpoint encounters where I've learned to watch out for picking up aggro--fights where the mobs are spread out, so that a tank's AOE can't hit them all, and the dps may be in some other corner fighting mobs there. Some trash mobs in Maelstrom and False Emperor come to mind. Anyway, the first thing I learned in this case is to hold off healing for a few seconds at the beginning. Dropping a "preventative" heal-over-time right after the tank pulls will mean that any mob who hasn't been damaged or taunted yet (which could be quite a few at the beginning of the fight) will start attacking you. So bubble the tank before he goes in, then wait a few seconds until you're really needed. Also remember that you have a skill to lower threat (by a little, but better than nothing and it's off global cooldown). If you have melee on you, try running past the tank, and maybe one of his AOE abilities will pull the melee off you. I usually find more issues with ranged attackers, in which case if possible I'll try to line-of-sight them (only works in some situations). At least that's my 2 cents.

Daily commendations vendors are on Ilum, Belsavis, and Black Hole on Corellia.