Why isnt the armors colour what it is showed to be?!

JayEmmKay

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, except mine is more of a maroon colour. It seems like it is related to your skin colour (I read a post in the german section that addresses this issue). Hopefully they fix this, or give a refund. Should be the same colour as the preview.

It's odd, but in cut scenes, the outfit is the correct colour.

Lighting sources on the map you are currently on might play a part.

Also...you have a preview window before you buy.

There was someone else who had a problem with a Cartel Market chest piece changing from red to brown when they equipped it, but it had been red in the preview window (and happened to also be red on their character sheet).

It's funny how they "have escalated this color discrepancy to our development team for investigation" just now, while this bug was there since launch affecting all red colored light armor. As well as Aspiring Knight's sentinel set. I'm more than sure they've got tons of tickets on this matter during all this time.

Edited by Trollokdamus

It's funny how they "have escalated this color discrepancy to our development team for investigation" just now, while this bug was there since launch affecting all red colored light armor. As well as Aspiring Knight's sentinel set. I'm more than sure they've got tons of tickets on this matter during all this time.

Yeah. This problem has been around for a long time. I reported this when I first saw it back in September:

http://imageshack.us/a/img338/6468/previewwlq.jpg

The top is bright red in the preview window but then turns blech when you actually equip it on a character.

This glitch does not just affect red colored armor. There's quite a few armors that do not display as previewed due to a characters skin color. Consular Black Hole, Campaign and Dread Guard gear are a few others I can think of.

It'd be nice if they fix this problem for all the robes that are messed up, but I doubt it...

Edited by Radzkie

I had this issue too, like others, and had an entire thread about it with screenshots. My female jedi's top was a brown colour and didnt match the lower, which sucks when you consider that it cost real money to buy. I did however file a ticket and today I actually got an answer.

Hopefully they'll fix it soon, and not just blow sunshine up my ship's tailpipe.

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us to let us know about the color discrepancy you noticed with the Investigator’s Robe you purchased.

We’re aware of a display issue which is affecting the color of Investigator’s Robe outside of cutscenes and preview windows. We have escalated this to our development team for investigation and anticipate that the color palette of the robe will be updated so to match the colors as seen in cutscenes and on preview windows.

Please keep an eye on our patch notes page at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for updates on this issue. We apologize for any confusion or frustration caused.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you encounter any other issues or have any further questions.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,