Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked Commentary - Utilizing Line of Sight, Positional Advantage and Assessing Tempo

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked Commentary - Utilizing Line of Sight, Positional Advantage and Assessing Tempo

SlimPikinz
02.26.2019 , 04:27 PM | #21
Glad to see you playing again. You and your guides were a big inspiration to me to start doing ranked back in late 3.x and all of 4.x.

By the way, what server are you playing on?

Jinre_the_Jedi
02.26.2019 , 05:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimPikinz View Post
Glad to see you playing again. You and your guides were a big inspiration to me to start doing ranked back in late 3.x and all of 4.x.

By the way, what server are you playing on?
I'm currently on Star Forge

detora
02.27.2019 , 04:10 AM | #23
Kudos for doing this. I'd like someone (you, if you're willing) explain the concept of CC for newer players. In the 25 or so games I played tonight, I'd say 1/3 of them someone on my team didn't know what a mezz or sap was.
Knives (Operative) | S'key (Sorc)
Star Forge

Lhancelot
02.27.2019 , 07:34 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by detora View Post
Kudos for doing this. I'd like someone (you, if you're willing) explain the concept of CC for newer players. In the 25 or so games I played tonight, I'd say 1/3 of them someone on my team didn't know what a mezz or sap was.
That's a great idea too. I'd love to see him break down CCs. I just don't know how he could do it, seeing every class pretty much has a type of CC that's different or can be used in different situations.

I used Kre'as guide on Dulfy for how to gear up a tank. It was detailed and equally well done. Hopefully he does more guides etc. seeing the guides all have really become outdated over the last few years.

Just one of the side effects of not as many people playing as before is the lack of informational instruction guides available by knowledgeable players for SWTOR.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Jinre_the_Jedi
02.27.2019 , 07:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by detora View Post
I've actually already done this, about 4 years ago. The information is still 100% relevant too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuoI...iinrIV&index=3

In fact, not only does it talk about CC and what it is, the video also goes into extreme details on how CC works relative to Resolve and how you can utilize Resolve to your advantage, both when you yourself are stunned and when you are trying to stun lock your enemy.

Enjoy!