Explanation of Valkorion losing power in the end of KOTET

Slowpokeking

I replayed the last chapter today.

Vaylin was used as the key for Valkorion to possess the PC. Also her essence was absorbed by him. I guess with the power of her , Valkorion also gained her weakness. He probably put her power in his shackle again, not realizing he and the power were combined.

"It's a package deal."

In my version Valkorion intentionally made the main character stronger over the story. He was bored, that he always wins so easily since Nathema, and wanted some big challenge for the last time before destroying the entire galaxy. So he trained, and helped the Outlander, and even lended his power a few times.

His plan failed, because he went too far, and the Outlander turned out to be stronger in the end,

If this were an SP game, then i would also make, that regardless of start the main character becomes a force user over the chapters, and remains that way. Would be interesting to play a force user who never trained to be a jedi or sith. Just a regular person who suddenly can use the force. No light, or dark side. Only the choice of doing what (s)he wants.

Edited by irrevelant
t

It also has to do with your mind. You've managed to survive the possession thanks to the Holocron so you slowly battle for control of your mind, after fighting Valkorion for a while he is obviously weakened enough for you to take control of it and set rules as you'd like. Think of like lucid dreaming but with the Force.