Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone FPS drops

Montanaa
09.14.2017 , 05:30 AM | #1
Hi peeps,

I'm getting fps drops in warzones when theres a big fight going on. However, my rig is pretty descent.

Besides, Arenas are waaaayyyyy better.

My rig:
i5 7600k 3.8ghz
Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
16GB ram

Any suggestions?

JediQuaker
09.14.2017 , 09:31 AM | #2
That depends upon how big of a drop you are getting. It's not unusual for even an 7600K to get drops to around 40-45 fps in OPs and Warzones. That should still be smooth and playable.
(The fps drop is related to the CPU, but the i5-7600(K) is second only to the i7-7700(K) for CPU performance in SWTOR.)
If you are getting drops below that, you might need to lower your graphics settings a bit - particularly shadows - and/or make sure you have nothing serious running in the background.

I'm running an i5-6600 (non-K) and I am able to watch Netflix or Live Tennis while playing PvE, but I haven't tried OPs or PvP while doing that.

BTW, I don't know if this still applies, but there were some people having performance issues with overclocked CPUs in the past (to do with timings). If your i5-7600K is overclocked, try running without the overclock or at a reduced OC to see if performance gets better (or not).

Montanaa
09.14.2017 , 09:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
That depends upon how big of a drop you are getting. It's not unusual for even an 7600K to get drops to around 40-45 fps in OPs and Warzones. That should still be smooth and playable.
(The fps drop is related to the CPU, but the i5-7600(K) is second only to the i7-7700(K) for CPU performance in SWTOR.)
If you are getting drops below that, you might need to lower your graphics settings a bit - particularly shadows - and/or make sure you have nothing serious running in the background.

I'm running an i5-6600 (non-K) and I am able to watch Netflix or Live Tennis while playing PvE, but I haven't tried OPs or PvP while doing that.

BTW, I don't know if this still applies, but there were some people having performance issues with overclocked CPUs in the past (to do with timings). If your i5-7600K is overclocked, try running without the overclock or at a reduced OC to see if performance gets better (or not).
It drops from 60 to 15-20. Lowering graphics doesnt do anything. My CPU isn't overclocked. Weird thing is, when i disable UI with ctrl+u im back at 60fps. Also, in arenas I don't get the drops....

Thanks for the heads up.

JediQuaker
09.14.2017 , 09:49 AM | #4
That is too much of a drop for an i5-7600. Are all your drivers, your BIOS, and Windows, up to date?

"Arenas"? Would that be OPs or are you referring to some other game?

supertimtaf
09.14.2017 , 10:02 AM | #5
That is too much of a drop for an i5-7600. Are all your drivers, your BIOS, and Windows, up to date?

Pretty sure he means the 4vs4 warzone, the one you have sometimes in regular pvp and the ones in ranked pvp
Eliadil - Deception Assassin The Red Eclipse

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Montanaa
09.15.2017 , 01:38 AM | #6

Sorry, i missinformed you guys.

Im running the i5 7500 3.4ghz....
Yes, drivers are all up to date.

cheers