Make the holostatues (Satele Shan, Darth Malgus etc) available for direct purchase

It'd be nice if you make the holostatues (Satele Shan, Darth Malgus etc) available for direct purchase off of the cartel market. Also it'd be nice if you could make the black and black dye module and the white and white dye module available for direct purchase off of the cartel market.

It'd be nice if you make the holostatues (Satele Shan, Darth Malgus etc) available for direct purchase off of the cartel market. Also it'd be nice if you could make the black and black dye module and the white and white dye module available for direct purchase off of the cartel market.

If you want either of the statues, or those particular dyes, you can get them. You can find them almost every day on the GTN. If you are too averse to the effort required to earn the credits needed to purchase them, then I guess you don't want them that much, after all.

BTW, they have put the black/black and white/white dyes up for limited time direct sales, at least twice.

And free walkers for everyone!

Ahem. Seriously, though, lots of items would be much cheaper and much more affordable if they were available for direct purchase. And dyes would be much more affordable if we could add them to our collections(I can afford buying black/black once for all my characters, but buying it for each character, and each outfit? I'm not THAT rich).

And seeing how portable trainers are really helpful and really useful, I'm voting for this. This way people will spend their cartel coins, GTN prices will drop, and players will be able to enjoy cool black clothes and portable trainers cheaply, too.

If you want either of the statues, or those particular dyes, you can get them. You can find them almost every day on the GTN. If you are too averse to the effort required to earn the credits needed to purchase them, then I guess you don't want them that much, after all.

BTW, they have put the black/black and white/white dyes up for limited time direct sales, at least twice.

I know. I think I snagged one of them at one point. :)

I'd just like for them to make them a permanent fixture in the cosmetic section. Heck, just put the dye mods in the cosmetic section or have their own section. Some of the dyes would be more than the gamble bags (like the black on black and white on white), so people would probably still take a chance on them, rather than pay the price for what they want.

As for the holostatues, having them available for direct purchase, wouldn't hurt.

Ahem. Seriously, though, lots of items would be much cheaper and much more affordable if they were available for direct purchase. And dyes would be much more affordable if we could add them to our collections(I can afford buying black/black once for all my characters, but buying it for each character, and each outfit? I'm not THAT rich).

And seeing how portable trainers are really helpful and really useful, I'm voting for this. This way people will spend their cartel coins, GTN prices will drop, and players will be able to enjoy cool black clothes and portable trainers cheaply, too.

Yes, they are very useful, which is why they are expensive. Another factor is the packs they were found in are no longer available.

As I have said before, playing a game or even paying the subscription does NOT entitle you to everything that is in the game or that was ever in the game. It does not entitle anyone to get everything for a pittance, either. Some things are more desired and more expensive than others, some things require more effort to obtain and some things can no longer be obtained.

If you want one of those statues, then do what you need to do to get one. You can find them on the GTN almost every day.

The same goes for those cool black/black dyes.

Edited by Ratajack

Funny, I always thought they were. How do people obtain them anyway? Crates?

They came in some of the earliest packs, I think. However, I got mine from those reputation vendors in the Cartel Bazaar. They sell them, but you need rep and (I think) certificates.

That artificial scarcity by embargoed packs doesn't work on me - it just makes me resent how they handle the cartel market. I'm not about to pay ridiculous prices for ANYTHING no matter how rare or cool it is. If the pack has been embargoed and prices have shot up I just treat things like those items aren't available anymore. It's not like any of the CM stuff is actually important anyway.

I don't make any plans for characters or companions based on things with limited availability. If it's not going to be around and accessible, screw it, I've got better things to do.

Those holo-statues are something I'd be interested in, but they might as well have never spent the time making them if they don't make them easily available.

That artificial scarcity by embargoed packs doesn't work on me - it just makes me resent how they handle the cartel market. I'm not about to pay ridiculous prices for ANYTHING no matter how rare or cool it is. If the pack has been embargoed and prices have shot up I just treat things like those items aren't available anymore. It's not like any of the CM stuff is actually important anyway.

I don't make any plans for characters or companions based on things with limited availability. If it's not going to be around and accessible, screw it, I've got better things to do.

Those holo-statues are something I'd be interested in, but they might as well have never spent the time making them if they don't make them easily available.

You don't need those statues to level or to learn the new skills. They are OPTIONAL. They are a convenience, yes, but they are not required. Every planet has a skill trainer, unless I am mistaken. At most, a trip to the skill trainer is all that is needed.

If you do not want to pay the cost to obtain one of them, and then unlock in the collections, then no one is forcing you to buy one. If, on the other hand, you want the convenience afforded by them, then you will have to pay the going rates for them.

BW is under no obligation to make those statues or anything else "easily available".

You don't need those statues to level or to learn the new skills. They are OPTIONAL. They are a convenience, yes, but they are not required. Every planet has a skill trainer, unless I am mistaken. At most, a trip to the skill trainer is all that is needed.

If you do not want to pay the cost to obtain one of them, and then unlock in the collections, then no one is forcing you to buy one. If, on the other hand, you want the convenience afforded by them, then you will have to pay the going rates for them.

BW is under no obligation to make those statues or anything else "easily available".

I absolutely agree. I merely stated that to me the value of all of these optional items is nowhere near being equal to the trouble or expense involved in getting them. It confuses me to no end that the CM can generate such great revenue when there is so little on it that I place any significant value on. I'm obviously a minority.

For what it is worth, I just bought all three to mail to my family's second account...

My kids have started to play with me and we now have two accounts, these statues are so useful, I ponied up the credits and bought them... Revan was 6m, the pair of trainers were 1.5m each.

Worth it, considering how often they get used.

Got Revan off GTN yesterday, too. (Had Darth Malgus/Shan for a very long time, but I never realized Revan was any use).

I think it's fair that some cosmetic things are really rare and are only available in packs/really expensive on GTN. I do disagree when it comes to statues, though. It's not a matter of appearance(not, say, a Revan set), it's a matter of convenience. It's the same as if they were selling a quick travel upgrade(from 10 minutes to 8 minutes) in one cartel pack only, and that pack was already embargoed.

I think every player, no matter when they joined the game, should be able to buy all convenience unlocks right away, and preferably from the legacy/global unlocks tab. Maybe the trainer/revan statues should be added there - either for legacy level 10/20/30 or for cartel coins.

Got Revan off GTN yesterday, too. (Had Darth Malgus/Shan for a very long time, but I never realized Revan was any use).

I think it's fair that some cosmetic things are really rare and are only available in packs/really expensive on GTN. I do disagree when it comes to statues, though. It's not a matter of appearance(not, say, a Revan set), it's a matter of convenience. It's the same as if they were selling a quick travel upgrade(from 10 minutes to 8 minutes) in one cartel pack only, and that pack was already embargoed.

I think every player, no matter when they joined the game, should be able to buy all convenience unlocks right away, and preferably from the legacy/global unlocks tab. Maybe the trainer/revan statues should be added there - either for legacy level 10/20/30 or for cartel coins.

Just my opinion, but I disagree. IMO, it makes no difference whether an item is cosmetic or convenience. Some items are available for limited time only, some items simply become no longer available. There is nothing wrong with this. Even if it is a convenience item, no player is "entitled" to be able to always have access to any particular item.

That said, as others have already pointed out, those statues ARE still available, either from the rep vendor or from the GTN.

I'm all for this too. I get the reasoning behind the gamble packs. But being able to buy outfits, mounts, and dye packs straight from CM would be even better. I have cargo holds full of partially completed outfits. I think anything brought with CC should be available in Collections. If I'm spending real money let me have it account wide. I know that may cause issues with GTN resells of CM stuff. Either way real money was spent buying that product.

I looked on all of the rep vendors. Nada.

You must have missed a couple, because they were there just moments before I posted this. They are "Contraband Resale" vendors.

On the Imperial side you want a big guy called Jisan (I think he's a Nitko). He sells the Malgus holostatue.

Republic side the name is Teekwo (a Rodian I think - sorry, I'm rubbish at remembering the names of species in Star Wars :) ), selling the Satele Shan holostatue.

They are both in the Cartel Bazaar near the big Hutt fella on their respective fleets. Four certificates and 25 grand. Didn't notice what rep level you need, sorry.

Edited by PLynkes

• 3 weeks later...

I would like a Nomi Sunrider or Exar Kun.

As for the ******** saying buy them of GTN, are the ones selling them most likely. I mean really that's like saying don't bring out anymore mounts or armour sets because its only cosmetic. The holotrainers are both credits, cartel certificates and rep points. which is really difficult to get as those packs are no longer available or only available for sort periods of time. I already have both holotrainers but if I was a new player then I would to be asking for them, well in-fact am after them again for my other accounts. They are also bound on pick-up if got though the venders in the cartel bazzar so cannot even buy them to send to my other characters on a different account. on top of this most f2p cannot have the amount of creds most are asking for these holotrainers, and before anyone says there are escrow boxes to get more, well if they buy these off cc then they are no longer f2p as they are considered preferred.

On top of that, this is the what you want to see forum, if that's what some players want then that's what some players want, if the players who said no in this thread, please tell what difference it makes to you if more become available or the same ones become available on the cc? If they want to buy them off cc using there own money WHY NOT.

The Holo statues already ARE available for purchase. You just have to invest in a few packs and then use the certificates to buy them from the Contraband vendors in the Cartel Bazaar. ;)

Is that a direct sale??????

New packs don't have certificates in, but you also have to have the rep points as well to get them from there which are from old packs, yes they do come around for sale again but most want them at level 1 not half way though the game. The contraband packs are not always available. and its more than just a few packs. Plus as said that is not a direct sale though cartel bazzar.

EDIT: to put up rep points needed for contraband.

Anyway they are at the newcomer rep which is the second tier up. to get this you would need to buy 20+ packs

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Really, well that applies to just about everything, you never wanted anything for this game? if you haven't why are you on the suggestion forum in the first place. The OP was asking for them not demanding, the others have every right to agree just as you disagree, but tell me what difference does it make to you if they became more easily available? BW is in the business of making money not in the business of making players make in-game creds on the GTN.