Surprise Server maintenance, what could it be?

Lhancelot

Here's my list of things I hope this emergency patch does!

1. Surprise class balance across the board for classes in PVP

2. Conquest reverted back to before 5.8

3. PVP comms gearing system reinstated

4. Brand new stories that branch off from the original companions adding more companions related to said stories

One guess of mine:

They reduce the drop rate of the new rating 240 augment schematics and limit them to master mode altogether.

Well, it's a possibility anyway. Not sure whether they'd actually shut down the servers for that or just wait until next Tuesday.

1. Surprise class balance across the board for classes in PVP

I am not a PvPer but would that not mean that half the community is nerfed and rage quits? There may not be balance between the advanced classes and specializations at the moment, I cannot be the judge of that, but given that the same character options are available to each player, the game is balanced on the player level. If someone invests their time to play the Über-Class to pwn in PvP, they won't like it if the stop pwning.

• Dev Post
One guess of mine:

They reduce the drop rate of the new rating 240 augment schematics and limit them to master mode altogether.

Well, it's a possibility anyway. Not sure whether they'd actually shut down the servers for that or just wait until next Tuesday.

Hey all, the drop rate for the schematics is intended and we don't have any plans to lower it unless you tell us otherwise.

Keith---

Hey all, the drop rate for the schematics is intended and we don't have any plans to lower it unless you tell us otherwise.

Keith---

You guys know that they drop in solo and veteran mode, and they are not MM-last boss-exclusive, as you said earlier?

Yeah it sounds like some people are disappointed these augs are not going to give them a vast amount of superiority over others that don't use them.

I am fine with them being the way they are if they only grant a couple % increase over the next lower tier.

What do people expect, a 10% increase?

They can't add in augs that give a significant boost over lesser augs, that would flip balance even more out of whack.

Not really sure what people expect the new augs to do. :confused:

The only thing that comes to mind is that they are trying to out gear certain things or make up for lack of any kind of skill. i mean to an experienced player and someone that min/maxes the 3 or 4% could be exactly what they are needing. If someone is playing Mediocre then i guess it makes sense that they would not feel as it could help them.

The only thing that comes to mind is that they are trying to out gear certain things or make up for lack of any kind of skill. i mean to an experienced player and someone that min/maxes the 3 or 4% could be exactly what they are needing. If someone is playing Mediocre then i guess it makes sense that they would not feel as it could help them.

Someone created a post and are saying that the new augs parse exactly the same as their 236 augs. That guy went about it the right way by providing numbers to back up what he is claiming.

If that's true, then they probably need to be looked at.

Edited by Lhancelot

Keith---

I hate to be "that person" here... but this is essentially exactly what was stated about the Cartel Slot Machine back in the day... and after a whole lot of gnashing and complaining both directions by players ... the studio nerfed it to oblivion a week after stating that it was working as intended, not an exploit, yada yada.

... the "unless you tell us otherwise" is a clever loophole that permits you to do whatever you choose, whenever you choose, and lay it at the players feet as the cause.

Prudent advice to players ---> farm the hell out of these before the hammer drops without notice.

Edited by Andryah

Someone created a post and are saying that the new augs parse exactly the same as their 236 augs. That guy went about it the right way by providing numbers to back up what he is claiming.

If that's true, then they probably need to be looked at.

Thing is.. I'm not sure his numbers are accurately presented.. nor did he run anywhere near the number of parses needed for any statistical certainty.... which makes me suspicious as to methodology.. and hence the numbers presented. He also was only chasing tertiary stats he personally was interested in and was stacking them apparently to exclusion ... so there are gaps in this regard as well. He noted he was effectively hitting saturation on some stat(s) and that clearly indicates he did not balance his tertiary stats well.. OR.. he just does not need more in tertiaries the way he is set up.

Note: I am not saying he is wrong.. only that what was presented was not compelling in my view... at least not yet.

Edited by Andryah

I hate to be "that person" here... but this is essentially exactly what was stated about the Cartel Slot Machine back in the day... and after a whole lot of gnashing and complaining both directions by players ... the studio nerfed it to oblivion a week after stating that it was working as intended, not an exploit, yada yada.

... the "unless you tell us otherwise" is a clever loophole that permits you to do whatever you choose, whenever you choose, and lay it at the players feet as the cause.

Prudent advice to players ---> farm the hell out of these before the hammer drops without notice.

It's just schematics. As far as I am concerned they might as well have put them for 5k credits on the crafting trainers and it wouldn't have hurt the game balance.

Edited by Rabenschwinge