Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

Deviss

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to talk to one of SW:TOR writers (or to be more specific: exchange mails with him) and it seems that they indeed deliberately changed the Foundry's ending. They want to have a possibility of adding Revan later on if they feel he fits somewhere along the story. There is still hope! :)

A raid will be dedicated to Revan. That is all.

My bet is on Operation that will have the Emperor at his full power and potential as the final boss. He will perform a ritual that will wipe out entire life in the galaxy in order to make him immortal. We will stop him... and guess who will aid us. :rolleyes:

Edited by Deviss

Man I really wish this is how it was in the game... I fought the final boss battle very reluctantly. I wasn't using my big hits, I could not bring myself to focus my force and rage on a being as knowledgeable as Revan... ;)

Spoiler:

Is killing him the ONLY way the flashpoint ends?

This is what actually happened to Revan.

after the kotor game he married bastilla and lived on couresant, til he began to have force visions of a planet covered in perpetual darkness and thunderstorms (dromund kaas) revan then hooks back up with canderous who go in search of Evans past in the uncharted territories of the galaxy. While their he helps canderous reclaim the lost mask of mandalore which was hidden on a planet called rekkiad after the mandalorian war. While on rekkiad he regains some of his lost memories which send him on a journey alone to the planet Nethema. The once home world of TORs current emperor. While entering nathemas atmosphere he is shot down by a lone with fighter occupied by 2 with Darth nyriss and lord scourge. After crash landing on nathema he is captured by the with and held prisoner for 3 years. While in captivity lord scourge is the only visitor to revan wishing to learn more of the ways of the force knowing revan is strong and has mastered both light and dark. After attempting to trick the with lord into helping him escape revan has a force vision of meetra surik, the Exile from kotor 2. Scourge then discivers meetra on dromund kaas and is convinced it is a sign from the force that he must a aid revan in escaping and over throwing the emperor. Once they escape all 3 go to confront the emperor. During the final moments of the battle scourge has a force vision of the one who will defeat the emperor but it is not revan. Knowing they will lose if they continue to fight the emperor scourge betrays meetra and revan stabbing meetra in the back and killing her while revan had already been extremely injured due to a force lightening attack Fromm the emperor. Once this is done he lies to the emperor telling him it was his plan to lure the Jedi to the throne your so they could be killed. The emperor then grants scourge the title of emperors wrath and grants scourge with immortality. Meanwhile revan crippled body is kept in a stasis field by the emperor in order to keep his mind alive so he can search for information on the strengths and weaknesses of the republic so that in time he may invade and destroy them. Also the emperor is extremely old about 1000 years due to a ritual he performed at the end of the great hyperspace war in which he brought thousands of with to his planet nathema where he devoured them and the entire planet granting him eternal life while leaving the planet completely barren and totally absent of the force. This is why he is still alive in the game today 300 years later. It doesn't say what happens after that I'm assuming his body died and his mind still lives on in stasis or he's just dead. However before he left bastilla was pregnant wIth this some Avner who carried on his lineage, which is why we have the character setille shan leader of the Jedi which you may have seen if you rolled any Jedi class. Also in the beginning cut scenes. If you want full details on this and a waaaaaay better descriptioh then I can give go read the book The Old Republic: Revan its awesome.

I managed to talk to one of SW:TOR writers (or to be more specific: exchange mails with him) and it seems that they indeed deliberately changed the Foundry's ending. They want to have a possibility of adding Revan later on if they feel he fits somewhere along the story. There is still hope! :)

Really? I'm quite interested.

See, I've had this story, a rather large project of my own, I'd been interested in writing...

I was just wondering, Meetra surik's fate is not revealed after she appeared on Taral V, does she finally become one with the force ???

Your story clearly answer my question but why the developpers didn't say a word about it ?

Good question, maybe we will see not only Revan again, but her as well.

may God hear you..

It's just too sad not to know what happen of Meetra after this encounter, hope to know more about it.

Honestly, i don't think they will talk about her, maybe as she's not as important to the plot as revan..

As a tribute to her, my Jedi character is a female, wearing her name:p

Edited by DamienForlan

Very well written fic, insightful and inquisitive, that was an interesting take on how the Exile's involvement continued and how Revan became lost, i still believe that Revan will return in the future as said in earlier posts, i certainly hope they wouldnt waste a character with so much more to be explained, but all we can really do is hope that he returns again.

When I was reading the novel of Revan and the fic. It gave me a lot of insight and predictions that any is possible with this MMO in general.

Mind you it did give us a clear understanding on why Revan did what he did, its a shame Revan did not get a chance to see Bastila and her son in person but that holocron mentioned in the book was fitting I thought.

There would be a lot of speculation about Revan's fate as the MMO could swing either way. During the beta I've played the Lightside version and the darkside version, both of which are very good however I felt that the lightside version was cut short.

I wonder, do we get a chance on the Republic to raid with Revan in battle? or combination of him having a reunion with Satele Shan possibly and do some quests together. I doubt that it would be likely for it occur but it might work out. On the darkside, hard to say but a battle against Revan and to defeat him would be fun as well.

Meetra Surik, the Jedi Exile, I think its quite fitting that she was part of Revan for a long time now but I think she doesn't have much more involvement except her choice to remain with Revan for 300 years might end up two ways, either her accompanying Revan as her guide or become One with the Force. Good character and all, but hard to say at this point.

Edited by Satelerevan

It would be logic that she becomes one with the force (at last) as she helped Revan in everyway possible like keeping him alive for 300 years.

Please Bioware, would you mind bringing us an answer, just to know if Meetra have, at last, found peace and became one with the force ???

Meetra Surik? Who the hell is that? That the official name of the Force Ghost?

The Jedi Ghost in Taral V is The Exile from KotOR 2... was Meetra Surik her canon name or something? I only know she's The Exile cause I won the roll when talking to Revan and asked "Who is the girl" and he told me I'd know her as "The Exile"

Meetra Surik? Who the hell is that? That the official name of the Force Ghost?

The Jedi Ghost in Taral V is The Exile from KotOR 2... was Meetra Surik her canon name or something? I only know she's The Exile cause I won the roll when talking to Revan and asked "Who is the girl" and he told me I'd know her as "The Exile"

Yup, it's her canon name.

Email response from Drew Karpyshyn:

I don't want to spoil too much about Revan in the game, but I'll try to answer your questions. Revan's lines were really just an homage to Darth Malak's quote from KOTOR, though it's easy to imagine he had been a little corrupted after 300 years battling the Emperor's evil.

As for Revan's final fate, you never actually see him die. He just sort of disappears, so we left the door open just a little bit in case we want to ever bring him back.

Edited by Deviss

Really? I'm quite interested.

See, I've had this story, a rather large project of my own, I'd been interested in writing...

You should share it with the community when your done. We're all anxious.

P.S. So you're the jerk who stole my Sith Warrior's name!:eek:

"And in the end as the darkness takes me, I am nothing." Now i know how you felt my friend."

Man it was sad killing this character I loved and hearing him utter the crushing words Malak uttered. So dissapointing too, Hk-47 was a harder battle.

the story writers at bioware have never given me a reason to doubt them...revan is by far one of the most beloved characters in SW history...i cant imagine them spending so much time investing in revan who is by far the greatest hero of the old republic era ...and come up with a plot to let him survive 300 years and make it to the game and one of the most pivotal moments in SW history..only to snuff him out in some hidden fortress basement in a fight with a ragtag group of fighters...it would be sloppy writing..like if harry potter killed Voldemort and then died a week later after choking on a piece of candy....that said we gotta think MMO...that means long term..they dont wanna waste their most valuable character in the first month of the game...revan will rise again from the shadows...and when he does go out...it will be in a blaze of glory..because WE THE FANS will accept nothing less...bioware knows that..and if they have shown us anything its that they genuinely care about the fans..thats why they did so much changing and improving during beta and even now they work hard to please us...keep your eyes peeled..revan lives!!!!!!

P.S. lets not forget that this is ultimately revans story...the emperor, the republic, sith, it has all revolved around revan from the beginning...and you can be dang sure he will see it through to the very end... :cool:

Please do this.... I'm okay with the idea of killing the character, but make him a bigger deal. The final boss in an expansion, a recuring quest giver for the Republic and long term nemisis for the Sith.

Though to be honest, they should have left him in his own time.