Sage/sorc worst dmg ever

kakarlosed

EA!!! Buff it before it s too late

obvious troll post.

you compare sorc dps with sniper dps - So let's compare Sorc heal with Merc Heal - but yeah Mercs are OP even Heal Merc :rolleyes:.

There are good and bad specs for each class.

If you do not like DPS sorc anymore because it is in a bad spot right now just try to play an OP heal sorc instead - problem solved :rolleyes:

Prior to 5.0 Madness was over performing, healing was over the top, and poor lightning was under performing (the neglected middle child :( )

So Bio decide to nerf the whole class, except they never know how to do a small subtle adjustment. Every nerf they do is over the top and if there is an under performing spec in the class, aka, lightning, they are nerfed into oblivion.

I think the Devs are just lazy. They never look at specs, only classes. They see people QQing about a class and nerf the lot. But players should also take some of that blame because they never say what spec they are QQing about. All they say is Sorc is OP.

Then you have Ranked. None of the specs are shown for the classes, so Bio just see Sorcs are over performing, so the whole lot is OP. But most of those Sorcs in Ranked were healers. I don't think there was even one Lightning spec in the top 200.

So the moral of the story is be careful when you QQ about a spec being OP. You should always specify the class spec and not generalise. This is what is happening with Mercs at the moment. Everyone is QQing they are OP, but not every spec is, so when Bio nerf the whole class they will destroy it like they always do.

Bio are heavy handed and lazy when it comes to balancing. People need to ask for small changes instead of waiting for major ones. The Devs don't know how to balance major ones.

Whoa madness wasn't OP they were in a good place madness was actually really easy to fight against if you knew what to interrupt. Actual impact damage was just not there, yeah we would top charts but that's because of dot spread take that away and what would we have? All fluff damage if you kept dot spread soon tho healers would struggle (if they were an average healer) the whole point of a dot spec is to apply pressure to the whole group. (barely did that to be honest). Right now in 5.0 madness dmg is still in 4.0 while a majority of classes are in 5.0 damage rolls. So just imagine having to do 2k dmg a tic till you went through 120k HP player that's if they didn't heal or have a healer. Lets use marauder for example now they deal some big single target numbers 20k+ on like 2 or 3 of their abilities, time to kill on a madness in 5.0 compared to a marauder 5.0 (who has to be in melee range) the marauder would win with a big difference in time to kill. Now you might say yeah madness is not burst okay than explain to me why madness self healing capabilities and dcd's are completely gutted? I'm not saying madness should be able to take on an army but when you take a dot specs ability to do meaningful damage it becomes weak especially when you nerf the **** out of its 2 dcds.

Some things I'd personally like to see change with madness as dot spread is hard to balance I'd like to see madness return to its single target roots.

Lightning barrage- Force lightning channels and ticks 33% faster but deals 25% less damage) This is in its current state. I'd like to see the 25% turned to 20% or even 15%.

Wrath-Dealing damage with force lighting produces a stack of wrath. at 4 stacks, wrath causes you next lightning strike, crushing darkness, or demolish to activate instantly, consuming 50% less force, and deal 25% more damage) Current state of wrath talent. I'd like to see the damage buff go to 30%.

Force leech- Steals life from an enemy, dealing x-x internal damage to the target and healing you for 50% of the damage delt.) With parasitism that turns to 100% health from dmg. I'd like to see a 5%-10% buff to this ability to give it more punching power and to help with healing aspect of the spec.

These are just proposals of possible changes I'd like to see to buff single target damage. I may transfer this into a different thread to get some suggestions for the Devs to read ( if they read it >.>). If you disagree or think it's to much or to little be respectful and propose something else with your reasons.

Disclaimer- I don't play lightning so someone who is a lightning player will have more to give on that front.

I'm confused. In most MMO's simply looking at the leader boards will tell you what class is superior because they will be doing better than the rest. I read this thread, looked at the boards and the two don't jive. The Season 8 solo leader boards show Sorcerer/Sage with the highest rating of any other class. All of them, and by a pretty large margin. In fact, the top two players on the solo boards are both Sorcerer/Sage at 4116 and 3860 ratings. No class is higher than the top 2 in this class. Even on the group boards they tie with Sentinel/Marauder at a 2312 rating and that's the highest group rating at this time. The leader boards are pure ranked PVP, so this thread and a few others on how bad this class is really stumps me. Is it that they're the worst class ever or is it that they're too technical for most to play well. This is an honest question. Here are the current leader boards.

...or was Season 8 before 5.0 was released? :) Been wrong before and will be again.

http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/pvp/solo

Edited by Smegz
Adding information

I'm confused. In most MMO's simply looking at the leader boards will tell you what class is superior because they will be doing better than the rest. I read this thread, looked at the boards and the two don't jive. The Season 8 solo leader boards show Sorcerer/Sage with the highest rating of any other class. All of them, and by a pretty large margin. In fact, the top two players on the solo boards are both Sorcerer/Sage at 4116 and 3860 ratings. No class is higher than the top 2 in this class. Even on the group boards they tie with Sentinel/Marauder at a 2312 rating and that's the highest group rating at this time. The leader boards are pure ranked PVP, so this thread and a few others on how bad this class is really stumps me. Is it that they're the worst class ever or is it that they're too technical for most to play well. This is an honest question. Here are the current leader boards.

...or was Season 8 before 5.0 was released? :) Been wrong before and will be again.

http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/pvp/solo

I'm not 100% on every one of them, but I think that most of those are healers. The complaint is that Sorc dps has been nerfed too hard and in the wrong areas.

• 2 weeks later...