How do you access “Legacy Stronghold Storage”?

quinn_shandess

How do you access “Legacy Stronghold Storage”?

The tutorial states that you can share items between characters in your Legacy by unlocking the Legacy Stronghold Storage “utility decoration”, and then placing it in the stronghold. Exactly how is this done? I’m also assuming that “characters in my Legacy” refers to my 2 additional characters that I’ve created, and that my main character can thus give them items he no longer needs?

The Strongholds are nice to have, and very convenient to travel thereto and back, but IMHO, they are grossly over-priced (considering how difficult it is for some of us to earn credits) and exceedingly over-complicated to use.

Go to the Fleet, talk to the big holo in the center of Strongholds area. He'll give you a mission to buy a stronghold and travel to it. Once you've completed that, your mission reward will be some decorations, among which is a mailbox and legacy storage for your stronghold.

As for giving alts items you no longer need, you cannot place into legacy storage any item that is bound (except for items bound to legacy). If you're a crafter, you can place all of your mats into legacy storage and all of your toons can craft from the same inventory.

Still haven’t a clue. I had already purchased Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant strongholds (Tatooine’s purchase price was ridiculous), and I managed somehow to place the mailbox on a hook. I’ve received all letters regarding the Strongholds, and all items that were in my Items Box are transferred. I simply can’t find the “Legacy Stronghold Storage” in any category or sub-category within the “Decorations” option. This is a bewildering way of allowing someone to view what you can’t place anyway.

Open the Decorations window. Under category, select utility. The mailbox and the legacy storage will be listed.

Just a note. Your first character is the one to get the mission and the reward.

Edited by fletchla
Added point

I had already purchased Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant strongholds (Tatooine’s purchase price was ridiculous)

Have you seen the Tatooine Homestead? That price is fair given how much you will have at initial purchase.

I think having multiple price points for different strongholds - cheap for DK/Cor, medium [or free] for NS, high for Tat - makes a lot of sense.

Of course, having bought the faction-specific ones, I see no reason to do anything with them, since I am focusing all my efforts on Nar Shaddaa.

Am I missing something? I've seen the Tatooine Stronghold. The initial price of Nar Shaddaa was zero, and I think Coruscant cost 5,000 credits. To then ask 2,500,000 credits for Tatooine just seems a tad pricy.

The initial price of Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace is NOT zero. If you got it for zero, you got it as a reward for being a subscriber by a certain date. Regular price on it is 250k.

Just a note. Your first character is the one to get the mission and the reward.

Don't know if it's intended or a bug/exploit but I've gotten the mission and rewards on each toon I've done this with on the same legacy.

I only figured it it because on my first toon I missed the holo mission and simply went right straight for the free Nar Shadda pad. Then after reading the forums and finding out there was a holo mission I thought perhaps I missed out on the mailbox and storage unit.

Instead of buying another SH, I simply traveled to the one I already unlocked and it completed the mission. Then I logged into another toon, took the mission on that toon, traveled to the same stronghold I already owned and again received the awards on that too. Did it a third toon as well. Now I have 3x the starter decorations. I imagine if one has max toons on one server you can end up with x22 starter stuffs.

Edited by Ridickilis

• 2 years later...