Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mouseover Healing


Hermanlee's Avatar


Hermanlee
01.09.2012 , 02:21 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Fizbanic View Post
Bloody newbs learn to heal, you need no mouse over healing to be efficient in this game.

If you want easy mode, head back over to wow. Let those that want to experience something that requires skills enjoy this game
*le sigh

And right under my post too.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...terityRequired

A clunky healing UI doesn't add difficulty, it adds irritation.

sonickat's Avatar


sonickat
01.10.2012 , 12:44 PM | #242
The 'skill' in healing should not come from a superficial difficulty imposed from needing to perform ones role via an archaic interface system. The skill associated with healing comes from managing cool downs, knowing when and where incoming damage is, triage, and a dozen other non interface related things.

Saying that target a player via key bind or click then using an ability is skilled is like claiming that a ditch digger is skilled because they can push their shovel into the dirt.

The interface is simply a quality of life feature and makes performing the 'skilled' tasks more efficient.

That said everyone should want this feature implemented. If the quality of life for healers is better, more people will be willing and capable of performing the roll. If more people can do it, then more will be grouping, and if more are grouping then everyone wins as it will be easier to find a group for everyone.

As someone who has raided progressively for well over 10 years in multiple games and as someone who enjoys healing and tanking, i can tell you that I personally will be doing neither until this functionality is implemented.

We already have makeup for brainless dps, there is no reason it should be superficially more difficult to do so.
[ Jedi Covenant ]
Chronos Legacy (5): Halftime | Killintime | Primetime | Showtime
[ The Shadowlands ]
Wiskas Legacy (40): Battlekat , Sonickat | Thunderkat | Mystickat

Bekkal's Avatar


Bekkal
01.10.2012 , 03:20 PM | #243
No dual spec? No mouseover healing? No healers.

It's really that simple.

RiskyBiz's Avatar


RiskyBiz
01.10.2012 , 03:42 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
No dual spec? No mouseover healing? No healers.

It's really that simple.
Don't need dual spec because BioWare actually gave us the ability to do decent enough damage to quest and level solo. Mouseover healing is a problem, though.

Jahoota's Avatar


Jahoota
01.10.2012 , 03:43 PM | #245
I want my healing UI to be like old, turn based RPGs. I want to search through various menus to find the spell I want and then I want to scroll through a list of players until I reach whom I want to heal and then I would like for the healing to commence...eventually. Anyone who wants a more sophisticated way to heal is a bad player. Forsake your advanced healing methods and embrace the past! As a matter of fact, do away with absorbs, HoTs, and AoE heals; real men heal with the standard "heal".

Bekkal's Avatar


Bekkal
01.10.2012 , 03:47 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by RiskyBiz View Post
Don't need dual spec because BioWare actually gave us the ability to do decent enough damage to quest and level solo. Mouseover healing is a problem, though.
PvP says hello.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jahoota View Post
As a matter of fact, do away with absorbs, HoTs, and AoE heals; real men heal with the standard "heal".
The "Sar" line from the PS series would like a quick word with you.

Jahoota's Avatar


Jahoota
01.10.2012 , 03:54 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post

The "Sar" line from the PS series would like a quick word with you.
Not getting the reference bro.

RiskyBiz's Avatar


RiskyBiz
01.10.2012 , 04:03 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
PvP says hello.
True enough, I wouldn't object to an idea I had for WoW-- charge a ludicrous amount of money for a second spec only able to be activated in a Warfront. I like not having dual spec, though, because with dual spec you get 10 times the tanks and healer but 90% of them have no clue what they're doing.

RiskyBiz's Avatar


RiskyBiz
01.10.2012 , 04:04 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by Jahoota View Post
I want my healing UI to be like old, turn based RPGs. I want to search through various menus to find the spell I want and then I want to scroll through a list of players until I reach whom I want to heal and then I would like for the healing to commence...eventually. Anyone who wants a more sophisticated way to heal is a bad player. Forsake your advanced healing methods and embrace the past! As a matter of fact, do away with absorbs, HoTs, and AoE heals; real men heal with the standard "heal".
I lol'd

Hermanlee's Avatar


Hermanlee
01.10.2012 , 05:25 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Jahoota View Post
I want my healing UI to be like old, turn based RPGs. I want to search through various menus to find the spell I want and then I want to scroll through a list of players until I reach whom I want to heal and then I would like for the healing to commence...eventually. Anyone who wants a more sophisticated way to heal is a bad player. Forsake your advanced healing methods and embrace the past! As a matter of fact, do away with absorbs, HoTs, and AoE heals; real men heal with the standard "heal".
Only if we can get a confirmation box before every cast.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...terityRequired

A clunky healing UI doesn't add difficulty, it adds irritation.