Server Pop and You. (Lets make it happen)

SpitFireKell

it matters to me, i dont like having the chance of getting ganked if im out questing. id rather not take the chance.

Honestly, even when my Original server was hopping (Port Nowhere) and was Heavy/Full, I barely saw any Imperials outside Warzones. Maybe an odd one in Tattooine and a few in the Nar Shaddaa bonus area, but that was it.

But I amended the list anyhow.

See, could have avoided this issue by doing a PvEvP game and letting the PvErs turn off all Open World PvP functionality.

So you can't heal a guy on your Faction who is PvP tagged. Boom, quest all you want, get to watch funny fights and have a laugh while being perfectly safe. Plus, more people on the servers.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, even when my Original server was hopping (Port Nowhere) and was Heavy/Full, I barely saw any Imperials outside Warzones. Maybe an odd one in Tattooine and a few in the Nar Shaddaa bonus area, but that was it.

But I amended the list anyhow.

See, could have avoided this issue by doing a PvEvP game and letting the PvErs turn off all Open World PvP functionality.

So you can't heal a guy on your Faction who is PvP tagged. Boom, quest all you want, get to watch funny fights and have a laugh while being perfectly safe. Plus, more people on the servers.

I dunno you see to be biased and appointing yourself as speaking for the community,last i checked there is no President of the community at large.

I dunno you see to be biased and appointing yourself as speaking for the community,last i checked there is no President of the community at large.

Biased toward what end?

I'm giving the community the best servers to re-roll to for now, and for the future (Everyone likes Future proof things).

Look, you have a great idea here, but,

I AM NOT rerolling another g-danged character. I invested alot of TIME into several characters. Over 3 months/4 now.

Let me transfer my damn characters to a server that has some fricken players on it already.

I can represent Infinity Gate numbers right now, and inform you that it's a decent POP server. peak hours have 100+ on Fleet (sith) and off hours are 50-70 fleet.

but I rerolled from Sword of Anjunta Pall (which I left a 50 BH on there and he's cold and lonely) and I'm NOT rerollin. I'll wait for server move if I need to move. I have 6 toons currently and 3 of them are 50.

I'd rather play GTN with myself then reroll on a new server at this time.

Well that must be just the Imperial side.

I have a Republic level 50 on "Infinity Gate" and population is currently at 10 people in the fleet. As far as my char on the republic side, there is no chance of doing any FP's or Heroic's. And many PVP matches end because not enough people joined.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but not everyone has a well populated server now. I love this game. I really don't want to re-roll. I can't wait for transfers so I can re-sub. Bioware is a great company and they will fix this. Unfortunately it'll take some time. :(

Edited by IMiteBeWrong

Azumio, in your post a page back updating the list of servers you have Canderous Ordo noted as PVP, it is PVE.

And I'll toss out that I think Canderous Ordo is a great server. I rerolled a while back and just hit 50 today. I still miss the characters I left behind on my old server, and may still not renew my sub when my time expires for the lack of transfers and other issues, but I can say SWTOR is a much better game when there are other players in the world.

Edited by DawnAskham

because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.

Yes, there are now only two graphical flavors, low and 2000 high.

BWAHAHA thats so funny and true. I remember in beta when we had THREE choices and they all worked fine.

Anyway.. back on topic...

After watching server populations for a week or so i picked jedi covenant as my new home and couldn't be happier to be able to finally start doing flashpoints or heroics even if guild members are not on. I just wonder why bioware cant start directing new players to servers that are close to heavy and work there way down. My first server darth bandon was a early start server and at times still gets close to 100 in fleet, rarely tho.

James Ohlen's response to the character transfer question from PAX East:

"That is one of our #1 priorities right now. I walk into our programmer’s office and ask them everyday if we can get that feature out faster. So yes, it is coming soon. We need to make sure when you xfer over that it comes with everything like legacy, guild and all that stuff. It is not as easy as it might seem."

Woot!

Edited by GalacticKegger

Only 4 pvp servers are good the rest everyone alredy unsub they dont want give us merge cuz this ofc bad image 50 servers after merge become 4

But still here some links to proof that pvp servers alredy dead this game is for pve guys only there no future for pvp guys

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=34745&highlight=server+merge 1,006 posts 124,233 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=136348&highlight=server+merge 1,012 posts 76,359 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=350700&highlight=server+merge 1,047 posts 74,051 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246560&highlight=server+merge 1,024 posts 70,978 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=310753&highlight=server+merge 1,002 posts 68,998 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=233108&highlight=server+merge 1,004 posts 68,980 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=340708&highlight=server+merge 1,012 posts 65,430 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=380340 702 posts 33,765 views and counting

Almost all pvp servers are like this http://imageshack.us/f/851/screenshot2012040523510.jpg/

Let everyone know link in facebook , forum , blogs dont let players buy more mmorpgs with EA mark Secret World will fail too for sure EA games

how is possible many servers become 4 in 4 months and they lie about 2 milion sad

Edited by lordhaizen

This proposal is a TEMPORARY FIX. If you dont like your server pop. then leave it. If you do like it, then obviously stay. I know some of you have really put alot of time into your characters already and it no, it is not fair. But until they get out the character transfer, this solution will work.

All I see is complaint, complaint, complaint. ^^^^ There is your alternative option. You want to fix the game right now? Then reroll. Thats how its done.

Seriously.

The reason's to come to Tarro Blood!

Facts first:

East Coast, PVE server

Heavier on the Imperial side currently

Depending on the time and day, Fleet on the Imp side has seen anywhere from 50 to 200 from my own eyes. It could get more or less in other hours of course.

Opinions:

We have a good amount of quality players. The server does not seem to have an overall ego and guilds seem to get along well.

Queuing seems to get by easy and the reason for any wait times is due to needing more players to pvp. This can be seen as a good thing or bad depending on your point of view. Personally, I would love to see more people come in and pvp to allow a constant rotation of battles, but I hope it is not to much in preventing players getting in for dailies and what not.

Not that the information is the end all be all of population accuracy, but I have been watching torstatus.net quite a bit and see our ranking amongst all North American PVE servers hovers around 55 to 60. Given how many servers there are, that is not so bad but of course can improve.

The server is eager to get more people and grow as a community. There are a number of helpers in the game and I have not seen any "real" issues with behavior or trouble makers.

Overall, we can use more people to join a freindly server looking to balance out the game play for everyone.

Some guilds, including mine, are making alts on the other faction but this is not the answer. We need more people to join a mature bunch.

You can knock it if you like, but it only takes a few to get things going and those few could include yourselves! :D

So far I'm not hearing complaints about the RP servers... well, aside from the "you might get kicked off if you don't RP" which is factually untrue.

You might be more likely to be reported for a name change if your character (or legacy) name violates TOS....

You might be more likely to be petitioned for griefing if you show up and act like a jerk...

But both of those are global TOS items, for all servers. The RP servers just have a lower tolerance among the players for that sort of thing.

A little secret: RP'ers LOVE an audience. So having non-roleplayers hanging around watching (or even trying their hand at it) is a Good Thing.

So no, we'd not mind you showing up. "We'll try not to freak the mundanes out too much."

I think the OP speaks like a true champion, I quit but i've had no interest to play for a long time, the simple reason is I see nothing different from most other mmo's appart from I like starwars and it has flashy sticks with a good community that 'might' develop into a great community... given time.

I've played long enough to realise now, the most logical reason to want to keep playing this game in the long term is to compete with other's (bragging rights/ego's/whatever else)

It will become PvP rating's with the elitist and you can bet some will find way's to manipulate it, I ask myself where is the depth and the content I desire that doesn't just make me wonder if my gear is better than fred's who's stood next to me?

PvE should make you 'want to indulge in content and not have to' I log in and feel I need to run to A and B, then I think f**k C, I've had enough and log off.

Currently it's a roller coaster ride and I've already seen enough and realised where this ride is going to end.

But on a positive note, to save the game the OP puts some good points across which will help prolong it.

When I started out on this game I had high hopes like the rest of us, but even since Beta I ask myself why did we have a Beta phase?... Alot of long term lingering game design bugs are still present from Beta that havn't been touched upon!... it's always the same old concept of gloss over current crap with new content in the hope it buys us more time to iron things out in the long run.

I personally refuse to pay cowboy companys anymore, untill they buck up there idea's and realise what a community wants then me as part of that community will start to contribute my money elsewhere. So far I see nothing changing which makes me see a long term prosperous game that has idea's but can't execute them.

I've spent many a year cheering for underdog companys to push game's out that was new and refreshing but was a hit or miss, nice to see the basic underfunded companys hit gold with a good design but to see big funded companys fail at the 1st hurdle is criminal and a sign it's better to just move on.

I wish them well but currently it's just a same old refreshing story with a chance to become an elite PvP'er and if you have the correct software... then ranked PvP will just introduce a huge amount of the player base with 3rd party programs/hacks as lets face it, everyone want's to rank numero uno.

Edited by SirTanne

Worst idea ever. I didn't mess this up, Bioware did. I am not going to pay them $15 a month, plus the $60 cost for the game AND provide my own customer service. This isn't an FTP game and I refuse to be treated like it is.

Just to give you a bit of perspective; I have rolled 8 characters on my server. 2 of those characters are level 50 and raiding, 4 of them are levels 25-30 and the remaining two are both level 17. Each of the characters has 3 professions all leveled to 400. I have invested a VERY significant amount of time and energy researching rare schematics in EVERY crafting profession. learning 100% of the Synthweaving and Armortech schematics alone took about two months of running underworld trading missions over 3 characters. And that's the tip of the iceberg.

Between all the characters on my server I've put in more than 60 days of play time since launch (according to /played), have amassed millions of credits, dozens of fully epic geared companions, not to mention the characters themselves, and am truly starting to get to a point where my over the top OCD butt is feeling like I'm ready to see what 1.2 has to offer. If Bioware wants to refund all of my sub money and the cost of the game and a little something extra for my time, effort and disappointment, hey I'll abandon my toons and start over somewhere else. Barring that though, I'll abandon all of the hard work i've put into developing these characters when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

I would think this was an excellent idea if I were one of the barely plays casuals putting in a couple of hours a week, as described by an earlier poster, but that just isn't the case. And I am pretty sure there are a lot of people like me who would find the OP's suggestion of this do-it-yourself approach as absurd as I do. This is Bioware's screw up. They have to fix it. I don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Tarro Blood is the way to go!

Come to Tarro Blood and be sure to roll Republic, we are totally out numbered and there are plenty of guilds to choose from such as Millennial Dawn! Join Tarro Blood we need your support on republic side!

Edited by Seaonn