Advanced Prototype / Tactics Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

EricMusco

Another tactical idea would be increase the critical chance to 100?% of either cannon or rail shot during explosive fuel. One thing that annoys me is when the RNG of your burst window gets screwed and you get around 45-50% crits during it. This would help maximize the burst and ensure it's not as affected by RNG. Edited by MuskyBoy

TACTICAL ITEMS

- A Tactical Item that changes Sonic Missile's 30% Defense Chance to 75% Force/Tech Absorption.

While in theory, 30% defense chance can be amazing...or it can be utterly useless. This will help reduce the RNG nature of the ability and offer the spec more consistent survivability that it has lacked for two years, while still ensuring it can still be countered (absorption means reduced damaged, but stun/CC still possible)

- A Tactical Item that changes Rail shot, Magnetic blast and Shatter slug to have 15m range instead of 10.

This item would restore some of the kiting ability that was lost when it was established that Powertech should be 10 meters and under, giving it increased passive survivability against melee opponents.

- A Tactical Item that changes Grappling line to be able to be used within 10 meters, deal X amount of damage and root the target for 3 seconds.

SET BONUSES

"Brawler" set

2/6 - Rocket Punch increases damage dealt by 4% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

4/6 - Rocket Punch's heat is reduced by 2%.

6/6 - Increases the duration of Energy Shield and Sonic Defense by four seconds.

Will add more as I think on them a bit.

1. Also CHange their Utility Like Utility Buffing their Kolto overload to heal twice as fast & & to more 70% HP Also Getting them out of Hard CC & keep the cooldown same as their now.

2. in Sonic Missile/Round Give them 75% damage absorption for 6 seconds.

Edited by phenixargus

Eric one of the biggest complaints about the vanguard from day one was its lack of explosives and blaster bolts. Note I am not talking about stat wars. I am talking about what people feel a trooper should be, in my opinion, I think the tactical item slot may solve that long term issue in swtor.

1. The first tactical item for tactics should be drastically increasing direct target damage of assault plastique while maintaining the current area damage, or on the flip side drastically increasing the area damage, but lowering the direct target damage.

2. The second tactical item that could be fun is gut, increasing its rate of bleed, or increasing its amount of damage of bleed. Though that might be more balance and less tactical. A possible tactical is when an enemy is gutted one out of 4 guts it pushes that enemy back 10 meters. One out of four is to avoid abuse.

3. This one is not so much advanced class but rather important to a trooper. A tactical ability that drastically increases the rate of fire of hammer shot.

As for set bonuses no offense to anyone with this term, but ill leave that to the stat monkeys.

A few notes personally I would love to get my 30 meter full auto back on my vanguards. The second is cell burst. Its still bugged. Even if you have three full charges on it, and have the set bonus proced on it, it will still at times hit the target and do zero damage. One last personal note let my vanguard fully join the Empire hehehehe. I know not going to happen but I can dream.

Link to Main Forum Post with Google Doc of Failure's Set Bonus and Tactical Item suggestions

ADVANCED PROTOTYPE/TACTICS

Tactical Suggestions:

• A tactical item could be that it changes Energy Burst so that the stacks not only scale damage, but also energy spent. Each stack makes it cost 5 more energy (so 4 stacks remain the same 20 energy). I don't remember the math off hand, but I think it still does more damage as a filler at 2 stacks than Mag Blast while costing a bit less heat. So it would be a juggle between sustained damage vs burst but also making sure we'd use all 4 stacks if there is still an autocrit mechanic tied to it in 6.0.
  • Energy Burst now cascades from the target hitting up to 3 additional targets for 70%/50%/30% damage
  • Rail gun: Rail shot is now a cleave, similar to Nahut. Functions similar to dual saber throw.
    • 20m centered on a target, hitting everything between you and the target and past that target in a 20m line. Dealing reduced damage to each consecutive target to a maximum of 4 targets and cannot occur more than once every X seconds.

[*]Increase maximum energy load stacks from 4 to 5

Set Bonus:

• 2 set - Rocket Punch energy cost reduced by 3.
  • 4 set - Explosive Fuel vents 3 heat per second over the duration
  • 6 set - Keep current auto crit set bonus

Just gonna throw out ideas I think would be cool, overpowered or not since devs would adjust them anyways. I really like the idea of more off GCD for the class since it makes it way more fast paced, and it's always felt like it should be one of the fastest paced class/specs.

Tactical Items -

1) Gut is no longer a GCD nor uses energy cells but has a cooldown.

2) Flak Shot's detonation will spread gut's dot to all surrounding enemies if applied.

3) High Impact Bolt shots become an off GCD ability when procced.

4) High Impact Bolt procs become individual, making abilities that proc it have their own 6 second internal cooldown so that you could use multiple HIB shots in a row.

5) High Impact Bolt/Cell Burst grants a shield for 1/2 the damage value.

6) Shockstrike applies a bludgeon dot that deals all it's remaining damage x2 when hit with a high impact bolt.

7) Shoulder Cannon no longer has a cooldown and recharges every 2 seconds (maxs at 7) but at reduced damage.

8) Adrenaline Rush no longer regenerates health, it heals based on damage taken over the next 3-6 seconds.

9) Adrenaline Rush disperses 20% of the damage recieved during across all enemies.

10) Hold the Line reduces damage taken from the front by 70%.

I really want a new ability for tactics, so I'm gonna add this.

New ability: Everyone in the party/ops gains a shield that absorbs 50% of the incoming damage for the next 4 damage instances.

Set Bonuses -

1) 2/6: Regenerates 2% health everytime Gut's dot affects the target.

2) 4/6: High Impact Bolt regenerates 10 energy cells.

3) 6/6: The next 4 stack Cell Burst is an instant crit and regenerates 10 energy cells. Once per minute.

1) 2/6: Gut's bleed effect increases damage to target by 5%

2) 4/6: Shockstrike, High Impact Bolt, Gut, and Assault Plastique ignore 20% of the target's armor. (additional if already ignoring)

3) 6/6: Shoulder Cannon has an additional 25% crit chance/damage against targets affected by Gut's bleed.

tactical item

basic attack rapid shot is not an AOE damage doubles

Deadly Onslaught AOE now effects people within 10 meters

Shatter Slug AOE is not increase to 10 meters and 10 enemies instead of 8.

rail shot can now be shot from 15 meters and the damage increases

Thermal Detonator now effects people within 10 meters of the target and the damage increases but no knock down.

Magnetic Blast can not be shot from 15 meters instead of 10 and the damage increase

Jet Charge now does a AOE explosion when you arrive at your target but no longer immobilizes the targets.

Electro Dart now does double the damage but stun only last 1 second

Searing Wave now does double the damage and the AOE increases

Shoulder Cannon is now an AOE and the damage increases

Set bonus

2 set Retractable Blade now vents 3 heat

4 set Explosive Fuel resets the cool down of pocket punch

6 set Jet charge when used now increases damage to rocket punch

Edited by commanderwar

Some of these ideas are decent but the only one I am not a fan of is changing guts cool down. Right now I can use it whenever I want, and the only time ammo becomes an issue is if I am up against a real pve boss. What I would not give to have my full auto back.

Set bonus

2 set Retractable Blade now vents 3 heat

4 set Explosive Fuel resets the cool down of pocket punch

6 set Jet charge when used now increases damage to rocket punch

Huh? What use would that be? You do know rail shot refreshes the duration of the dot on the target? You would only use that once per target and typically when you engage and have no heat problems.

I guess if that's the intention, you might aswell reduce the heat cost of retractable blade by 3. But, i'd rather see that on rocket punch.

Edited by Nemmar

I would truly appreciate a tactical item that grants an additional 4-6m range on melee abilities so that IF an encounter requires a lot of movement or requires the players to drop aoes away from the focus target, the amount of dps loss is mitigated due to not losing 95% of our damage dealing skills from a required encounter mechanic.

Great stream! Wanted to add a few things for PT:

1. Energy burst hits 1 additional person if within 3-5 m.

2. Energy burst vents also vents 5 heat.

3. Thermal Detonator hits multiple targets (reduced DMG after first target).

Assault plastique is now an remote detonatter ability, you click the button once to place the thermal, then the same buttion twice in order to detonate

Shock strike roots the enemy for 1 second

Shoulder cannon increases movement speed by 100% per hit

neural surge duration increased by 2 seconds

neural surge knocks the enemy back

neural surge forces the enemy to target someone else

neural surge forces the enemy to target an ally for 3 seconds

reactive shield increases damage reduction to 75% during the duration

adrenaline rush percetages change from 35% to 75%

Flask shell hardstuns the enemy for 2 seconds

Hold the line allows (Powertechs to fly in the air up to 10 meters during the duration) and (Vanguards to charge into any enemy within their path and knocks them down) and also grant immobilization immunity and movement impairment ability

battlefocus restores all energy

Artiltery blitz allows stuns all enemies that are affected by it during the duration

ion wave knocks the enemies back or stuns them

Harpoon/grapple pulls up to 4 enemies to you

Explosive charge reduces enemy movement speed by 70% within the target range

For powertechs- Pts gut now has a 18 second cooldown, places them 10 meters in the air for the next 6 seconds and allows them to move and finally, increased dmg reduction by 15% during the duration.

Tactical items would be a way to bring back beloved old animations, flavour skills and utility we lost since 3.0:

Infantry Tactics Module MK I:

• Replaces Artillery Blitz / Deadly Onslaught with the old channeled Mortar Volley / Death from Above.
  • Gives back Full Auto / Unload to Vanguard / Powertech.

Infantry Tactics Module MK II:

• Replaces Artillery Blitz / Deadly Onslaught with the old channeled Mortar Volley / Death from Above.
  • Increases the range of High Impact Bolt / Rail Shot back to 30m.

Additionally for those who like the mobility of the new AOE skills:

Advanced Tactics Module MK I:

Advanced Tactics Module MK II:

• Increases the range of High Impact Bolt / Rail Shot back to 30m.

Edited by Mubrak

• 1 month later...

This applies to all PT/VG specs, but I'm posting here as a tactical suggestion.

When you spec into "heal cannon" using this tactical, the internal icd is removed from shoulder cannon but the damage is reduced by 50%. The idea is that you can use it like the enhanced kolto/adrenaline rush without the 35%/65% restriction on max hp.

or skip the old skill selection altogether and just go with this tactical reduces the damage of shoulder cannon by 50% but removes the internal cd and heals for x% each time.

• 2 weeks later...