Heroic Mission Nerf Makes No Sense!

DarthEnrique

This is what it reads in the patch notes:

Mission credit income (including Heroic and Bonus Missions) has been reduced for Players in a group, and now gives a base amount of Credits plus 10% for each additional group member.

So the nerf only happens if you're in a group? :confused: Can we get a further explanation on this please?!

Add-on: Also does that include flashpoints and their bonuses?

Add-on: Pretty much what I'm asking is is if you solo heroics the nerf won't happen or it will or does it only happen if you group up?

Edited by DarthEnrique

This is what it reads in the patch notes:

So the nerf only happens if you're in a group?! :confused: Can we get a further explanation on this please?!

Add-on: Also does that include flashpoints and their bonuses?

It makes sense. Currently with heroics, you get the base credit reward along with the bonus mission reward, which is increased by 100% (I think?) for each group member. This change simply means that the bonus mission reward will grant 10% for each group member, rather than 100%. So you still get bonus credits for running with a group, just not as much. This only applies to heroics, not flashpoints or other group content (I think).

And this is a completely justified change, as heroics post-4.0 created pretty much an infinite supply of credits, which played a huge factor in the massive inflation that the game's economy is currently experiencing.

In short: the nerf applies to both solo and groups.

To break it down: There are a few different components to heroic mission payouts. First, there's the payout for the mission itself. then there's the payout for completing the bonus mission, which is often as much as the main mission.

The real moneymaking element of doing heroics has been that, since 4.0 at least, you also get paid for each group member who also completes the bonus mission. So with a group of 4, all of you completing the bonus missions, each of you gets paid 4 times for the same bonus mission. Just doing the 7 impside Tatooine heroics in a group of 4 level 65 toons nets you a bit over 700k creds.

So, according to the patch notes, the devs are reducing the base payout for the heroics (which applies whether you're solo or grouped), the base payout for completing YOUR bonus mission (which applies whether you're solo or grouped), and DRASTICALLY reduced the payout you get for bonus missions your group members complete. Instead of getting paid the full 100% amount of the bonus payout for each group member, you only get an extra 10% payout of the base bonus payout per group member.

I saw this coming from miles away. Several months ago they did a similar nerf, and there was a huge outcry from the community, especially since Bioware didn't put it in the patch notes. So BW backpedaled and reinstated the original payouts. But anyone with a brain could probably see a future nerf coming, and this time they DID put it in the patch notes.

They just removed the reason to do Heroics at all. The only reason for all of 4.0 was the credits so you could afford the repair bills in Ops that don't drop enough cash to pay them. I don't know who makes decisions at BW< but it needs a big change.

In short: the nerf applies to both solo and groups.....

So, according to the patch notes, the devs are reducing the base payout for the heroics (which applies whether you're solo or grouped), the base payout for completing YOUR bonus mission (which applies whether you're solo or grouped), and DRASTICALLY reduced the payout you get for bonus missions your group members complete. Instead of getting paid the full 100% amount of the bonus payout for each group member, you only get an extra 10% payout of the base bonus payout per group member

Incorrect. Based on the notes (and only based on the notes since we can't play it yet) it only affects those in groups. Those doing them solo would get the same reward as before.

Notes state: Mission credit income (including Heroic and Bonus Missions) has been reduced for Players in a group, and now gives a base amount of Credits plus 10% for each additional group member.

Edited by HelinCarnate

It is unfortunately worded, but since the big payout now comes from group bonus rewards, I am going to assume that referring to that is what prompted the "group" reference. Whether anything else is affected.. well.. it's very poorly worded, but I guess we will find out soon enough. ;)

Yeah, we'll find out soon enough one way or another.

It seems to me like the line of thought would be that if currently a heroic (at level 65) will reward 18k credits per completion + 18k for a bonus +18k each time a group member completed the bonus, then in 5.0 (and at level 70) it might be more like 22k credits per completion + 22k for a bonus + 2.2k each time a group member completed the bonus. (I scaled it up by some arbitrary amount because of the scaling up that could happen with the higher level cap.)

But we'll see.

Edit: That specific statement "including Heroic and bonus missions"... Actually I kind of wonder if it will end up looking more like 22k credits per completion + 2.2k each time a group member completed the Heroic + 22k for a bonus + 2.2k each time a group member completed the bonus. Adding that bonus credit for more things but scaling the bonus credit way back.

*shrug* Again, we'll find out after the patch hits.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

They just removed the reason to do Heroics at all. The only reason for all of 4.0 was the credits so you could afford the repair bills in Ops that don't drop enough cash to pay them. I don't know who makes decisions at BW< but it needs a big change.

Heh you wanna do the same ops for another 2 years :p

It's a bit sad, but I do understand why they are doing it. There's just too much money floating around in game that isn't going anywhere.

Guess heroics like Tatooine will make around 300k instead of 750 and the others probably half of that, if not less. ;/

Maybe the CXP reward is that good that people will still do them. /Shrugs

Edited by Eshvara

And this is a completely justified change, as heroics post-4.0 created pretty much an infinite supply of credits, which played a huge factor in the massive inflation that the game's economy is currently experiencing.

Nonsense. It was limited by the number of characters you have. Most groups ran 1-2 planets each week. Few were crazy enough to run it with like 30 chars.

It's a bit sad, but I do understand why they are doing it. There's just too much money floating around in game that isn't going anywhere.

Guess heroics like Tatooine will make around 300k instead of 750 and the others probably half of that, if not less. ;/

Maybe the CXP reward is that good that people will still do them. /Shrugs

Really silly actually. It was the only/main income for some players that dont spend $ to buy packs or dont enjoy the GTN. The galactic crap system doesnt make up for it.

it will be better now for people doing them solo. less crowded so it will be faster.

How is less motivation to do group content as a group better for anyone, especially an MMO?

How can you people be so envious of others that actually like this concept as an alternative to the other ways of income???

Edited by Zasszz

How is less motivation to do group content as a group better for anyone, especially an MMO?

those who want to do them solo wouldn't group up anyway so for them only thing that changes is that there's less people around competing for the objectives, so that's a good change for them.