Are we being taken for fools?

Stalzy

Every PVP'er that is currently playing has been waiting for some news about the future of SWTOR PVP and where it may lead too. The current Feb 3rd update has shed very little light on what may come. As it stands right now, the only thing that is coming is a new Quest huttball map in 3 weeks time.

We have been burned but Bioware for PVP updates. Lies were told, misinformation has been given out and promises were not kept on time.

The Arena meta is constantly changing. Ranked 4's are very much a deviation from 8's in terms of strategy and application. PVP updates are too far and infrequent (class balances being a major one). I enjoy Arena play (many don't, more have just fizzled out).

MY TEAM ALONE on POT5 has been keeping Republic Ranked 4's alive on prime time hours! Countless IMP teams want to play us, to take our rating that has been on a steady incline for the past 3 weeks. Older players are coming back to create teams just to play us (we talk a lot of crass!). BUT FOR WHAT! Not even in this announcement has there been any mention of what PVP rewards we shall be seeing!

I feel like PVP in this game is one of the better aspects of this game. I performs extremely well on a small scale (I love the feeling of it, it just plays well in my hands), but at times the competitive PVP scene feels like a tumble weed blowing in a vast, dry, dessert.

We never have Dev posts here, there is no team reaching out to players to discuss what changes are needed. The class reps (while were semi informative) were still a huge joke. Why are we only allowed to ask 1 PVP question? Why can't we make a list from competitive current players on the current situation of PVP?

2.6 is going to change the meta slightly again. Gone are the AOE DPS/TANK machines the Power Techs once were. Whats going to happen tomorrow is anybodies guess!

I need more from this game in it's current form because it is fun as hell and there is a lot of potential (especially with huttball!) that can be achieved PVP wise in this game. Seems like all development is heading towards PVE and GSF.

It's 2014 and we have only scratched Season 1, and 2 new warzones. (pretty sad).

TL;DR

- New updates reveals little of future PVP development for the long term

- Burn by Bioware before

- Arena meta is always changing and nothing like 8's

- Me blowing my own horn about keeping Arena alive on POT5 Republic side

- PVP one of the better aspects of this game

- No Dev communication in PVP forums

- 2.6 is going to be a semi can of worms of PVP

- We want MORE! So give it to us! Please!

ALSO PLEASE FIX PEOPLE EXPLOITING RANKED MATCHES BY TELEPORTING TO THE TOP OF THE MAP THANK YOU!

Edited by Stalzy

WILDSTAR BABY!

Watch these SWTOR subs f#cking DROP when that launches.

Facepalm* this is what everyone says about every new mmo ever. SWTOR was supposed to kill WoW. Wildstar will kill SWTOR - and - just to be redundant - even though they're coming out at the same time. ESO will kill Wildstar.

Yes we are being taken for fools. 4 PvE centric updates, 5 GSF updates, 1 huttball map, no talk about what's going to be done for PvP, no talk of Rated rewards. I've put over $3000 into this game and feel like they are just going to keep ignoring the niche I play in (PVP). I am gone when a better alternative comes out like Wildstar or something else PVP focused or at least somewhere where PVP isn't an afterthought. I've been a fanboy of this game since closed beta but things just don't seem to be getting better and I don't see them changing the PVE centric mindset.

Regardless, I COMPLETELY agree with this forum. I'm a PVE and PVPer but I feel like the PVP game is lacking. They showed us a preview of that huttball map a LONG time ago. They are not pushing for ANY new PVP content where IT REALLY DOES have some potential.

Facepalm* this is what everyone says about every new mmo ever. SWTOR was supposed to kill WoW. Wildstar will kill SWTOR - and - just to be redundant - even though they're coming out at the same time. ESO will kill Wildstar.

ESO beta was terribad compared to Wildstar beta it's not even worth talking about anymore.

Wildstar or ESO won't kill the game as a whole but will help cripple PvP for a bit.

ESO beta was terribad compared to Wildstar beta it's not even worth talking about anymore.

Funnily enough. I liked the ESO beta. Stress test was so smooth. 70+ frames on highest settings, great character customization and fun skills. Felt a lot like Skyrim

Edited by Stalzy

Funnily enough. I liked the ESO beta. Stress test was so smooth. 70+ frames on highest settings, great character customization and fun skills. Felt a lot like Skyrim

This was huge for me. The engine alone is enough to make me move to ESO. I cranked up the settings to full, and got a smooth 100+ FPS.

With SWTOR on max video settings, I can get 60-70 FPS, and it always dips to 30-40 FPS in warzones.

That's enough for me right there.

Yes we are being taken for fools. 4 PvE centric updates, 5 GSF updates, 1 huttball map, no talk about what's going to be done for PvP, no talk of Rated rewards. I've put over $3000 into this game and feel like they are just going to keep ignoring the niche I play in (PVP). I am gone when a better alternative comes out like Wildstar or something else PVP focused or at least somewhere where PVP isn't an afterthought. I've been a fanboy of this game since closed beta but things just don't seem to be getting better and I don't see them changing the PVE centric mindset.

I was going to start tearing your post to shreds till I saw the part about $3000 sank into this game..... now I just feel real sorry for you man.:(

I just read in another thread here that you have to key turn and click and the controls in general are horrible for pvp. Any truth to this?

Not at all. You can bind every one of your keys and turning is done with the mouse automatically. You don't have to hold down the right mouse button to turn.

I've heard folks say a lot of bad things about the ESO control scheme, but I find it a lot more responsive than SWTOR, AND a lot easier to deal with since you can only have five abilities on your bars/build at a time.

Edited by RodneyMcNeely

WILDSTAR BABY!

Watch these SWTOR subs f#cking DROP when that launches.

Watch when i don't go play a cartoon poor graphic i sorry even if it was awesome game play i cant play some thing that look so bugs bunny i need a little more realism in a mmo. WOW is even a stretch in the way they do there graphic. SO watch my swtor sub stay the same

No, we are not being taken for fools. They know we know we are mostly ignored. But as they have explained, PvPers are happy so long as they have people to kill, so it is all good from their prospective.

I am not happy, at least not any more. And everyone hates being taken for a fool.

I have been here from the very beginning, but not gonna renew sub now that I have seen the future plans.

Considering how many new flashpoints and operations have been already made, all we get is a new map.

Don't try to tell me creating a new warzone takes longer than a flashpoint.

How difficult could it be to make a new Voidstar-alike map in a castle or palace on Alderaan?

Or how long would it take to make a Novara Coast alike on Tatooine?

Would it be too much to ask to have 2-3 new maps every year?

Cause a new set of PVP gear is not considered to be content.

Most irritating is indeed the fact PVP in this game is still fun with all the issues, it has so much potential, but there seems to be not much of an effort to keep it alive. What a shame.

TL;DR

- New updates reveals little of future PVP development for the long term

- Burn by Bioware before

- Arena meta is always changing and nothing like 8's

- Me blowing my own horn about keeping Arena alive on POT5 Republic side

- PVP one of the better aspects of this game

- No Dev communication in PVP forums

- 2.6 is going to be a semi can of worms of PVP

- We want MORE! So give it to us! Please!

TL:DR - I prefer'd when Bioware gave vague promises of updates to come. Now that I actually know I only have 1 new warzone to look forward to for 2014, I am sad.:(

Carrot/Stick - you should be used to Biowares approach by now. The problem is, you have a development team who do not understand PvP, Star Wars, class design or the basics of gaming (Go-figure GSF missing joystick support and Bioware were amazed at the demand for it)

That's what you're dealing with, so if you actually expect anything, you need to change your outlook.

You obviously haven't read many ESO reviews. Regardless I don't care what game kills what. I want competitive PvP and will move to the game that has that. Now typically I'd default to a star wars game above all. But obviously the last 2 years this game hasn't cut it, and it looks like they do nothing to improve it with the next 6 months.