Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament: The Dark Imperium vs the Alliance of Worlds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament: The Dark Imperium vs the Alliance of Worlds

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.28.2014 , 06:54 PM | #1271
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
thats one of the best things about this match neither of us were sure we would win but seriously congrats sel. i am looking forward to playing the neutral party in your next debate. Be ready I feel the ones coming up may be even harder then the AoW.
Aurbere sweetie..... You're going down

Unless it's Warren.

Her faction terrifies me.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.28.2014 , 06:56 PM | #1272
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Again laughable as thats not how Force Meld, or Mental Barriers work. Unless Leia was psychologically damaged by such an effort which means Traya would have to get through Leia's incredible Mental defenses which she likely cant do.

This is an impossible scenario, as I said I am not going to argue the outcome, but work on your scenarios that one is an impossibilty.
The other impossibility is that Mauls offence wouldn't break Leia tbh, his ridiculous skill with Jar'kai, Juyo and Niman were such a staunt offence that his offence became his main Defense against Sidious.... That's how good he was.

Scenarios are scenarios
The one for my first Kaggath had more plot holes than I care to count, but Canino still would have won
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
02.28.2014 , 06:59 PM | #1273
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Dude, that's what I thought my faction was....
Tbh I just hope I face Aurbere in the final, sort of because having Traya vs G0-T0 again would be hilariously wrong, but mainly because I don't want to face a huge faction again....
I think that change from Crunal or how ever you spell it to Maul has been a massive clencher and serious help to you, and I feel it did help bring it a little away from gimicky while still keeping its overall feel. Honestly a Theme is something some one should look at when making a faction. I went for an all biological faction with one guy that could potentially take away droids as an issue. I expected some one else to have a major force while others would have 2 elite minor forces so when i chose the rebels it was obviously to get some where in between not as elite as most peoples minor forces but not as lawls lacking in tactics as some overblown armies.

I think the AoW suffered more from a somewhat vague theme and some conflicting styles while yours used its theme as its strength. Using a theme and using it well helps a faction more then generalizing ever could .

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.28.2014 , 07:01 PM | #1274
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I think that change from Crunal or how ever you spell it to Maul has been a massive clencher and serious help to you, and I feel it did help bring it a little away from gimicky while still keeping its overall feel. Honestly a Theme is something some one should look at when making a faction. I went for an all biological faction with one guy that could potentially take away droids as an issue. I expected some one else to have a major force while others would have 2 elite minor forces so when i chose the rebels it was obviously to get some where in between not as elite as most peoples minor forces but not as lawls lacking in tactics as some overblown armies.

I think the AoW suffered more from a somewhat vague theme and some conflicting styles while yours used its theme as its strength. Using a theme and using it well helps a faction more then generalizing ever could .
I agree, switching from Cronal to maul was huge.... Mainly because of Traya though.
In all fairness, I Semi forgot Beni was making this tournament
I'd expected to need to use Cronals visions in the debates, expecting Traya to be sorely underestimated as per, but it turns our we fixed that and Cronal was useless

He'd be good, hell, great for any other Sith faction though...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
02.28.2014 , 07:02 PM | #1275
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
The other impossibility is that Mauls offence wouldn't break Leia tbh, his ridiculous skill with Jar'kai, Juyo and Niman were such a staunt offence that his offence became his main Defense against Sidious.... That's how good he was.

Scenarios are scenarios
The one for my first Kaggath had more plot holes than I care to count, but Canino still would have won
We can debate that, she was primarily a fast style user with Jar'kai of her own (remember fast style is a hybrid style with the BASE of Soresu thus her defenses would have been very strong)

but the point was as you said scenarios are scenarios they dont change the outcome I was just saying some work needs to be put into them so they arent so plot holey but beyond that Beni talked about it and said that a few of the words werent what he meant i have since accepted what he truly meant in the scenario, may not agree with it but its a matter of opinion on a debate that is over and as such its pointless to talk about it. ultimately Beni made the best choice he could with the info he had and we have to all aplaud him on these choices they can not be easy to make .

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.28.2014 , 07:07 PM | #1276
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
We can debate that, she was primarily a fast style user with Jar'kai of her own (remember fast style is a hybrid style with the BASE of Soresu thus her defenses would have been very strong)

but the point was as you said scenarios are scenarios they dont change the outcome I was just saying some work needs to be put into them so they arent so plot holey but beyond that Beni talked about it and said that a few of the words werent what he meant i have since accepted what he truly meant in the scenario, may not agree with it but its a matter of opinion on a debate that is over and as such its pointless to talk about it. ultimately Beni made the best choice he could with the info he had and we have to all aplaud him on these choices they can not be easy to make .
Indeed...
One thing that'd caught my mind though, i thought Strong, Fast and Medium or whatever they were only ever showed up in one canon source, the essential guide to the force.... How come we know which Leia used?
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
02.28.2014 , 07:08 PM | #1277
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I agree, switching from Cronal to maul was huge.... Mainly because of Traya though.
In all fairness, I Semi forgot Beni was making this tournament
I'd expected to need to use Cronals visions in the debates, expecting Traya to be sorely underestimated as per, but it turns our we fixed that and Cronal was useless

He'd be good, hell, great for any other Sith faction though...
I wouldnt say any other faction, but yes if you could build one where his slight instability wouldnt be an issue he could definately be of great help. Actually I am hoping we dont use any one on the "most Powerful" lists any more simply because making those lists kind of does list you as OP to a degree and I want to see what factions look like when we get more obscure (as in less popular not unexplored) characters like Shaak Ti, Ahsoka, Koon, Katarn, or several others I am interested to see what other people grab. I doubt I will make a faction next round time is not on my side for that and I do enjoy the neutral seat a little more then the captains chair if you know what i mean.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.28.2014 , 07:10 PM | #1278
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I wouldnt say any other faction, but yes if you could build one where his slight instability wouldnt be an issue he could definately be of great help. Actually I am hoping we dont use any one on the "most Powerful" lists any more simply because making those lists kind of does list you as OP to a degree and I want to see what factions look like when we get more obscure (as in less popular not unexplored) characters like Shaak Ti, Ahsoka, Koon, Katarn, or several others I am interested to see what other people grab. I doubt I will make a faction next round time is not on my side for that and I do enjoy the neutral seat a little more then the captains chair if you know what i mean.
I know what you mean... But at the same time, having OP people is fun
And eventually we all get very similar Jedi, or very similar sith.... IE, all the Clone wars Jedi Council etc...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
02.28.2014 , 07:14 PM | #1279
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Indeed...
One thing that'd caught my mind though, i thought Strong, Fast and Medium or whatever they were only ever showed up in one canon source, the essential guide to the force.... How come we know which Leia used?
It was also in the Book of Sith Luke noting the differences between his styles and the ones in the book. The only way we can tell is the same way we can tell for 90% of the NJO characters comparing the descriptions of their fighting styles to the know forms of the time. She was better known for her defenses then her offenses and her offenses were either rapid fire acrobatic strikes or percise blade work suggesting mostly ataru, Makashi and Soresu the only form the NJO used that fits that description is fast style, essentially a little bit of deductive reasoning since thats essentially the only way to figure out the forms of some combatants who are never listed as using forms yet we know they were taught the forms by their teachers and when one gets recognized by the masters of the order as an excelent duelist they have to know at least one form.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
02.28.2014 , 07:14 PM | #1280
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I know what you mean... But at the same time, having OP people is fun
And eventually we all get very similar Jedi, or very similar sith.... IE, all the Clone wars Jedi Council etc...
Thats probably true.