Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Legacy Bank Items not merging or missing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Legacy Bank Items not merging or missing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adric_the_Red's Avatar


Adric_the_Red
11.09.2017 , 01:13 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

The team has worked out what is going on. For starters, you do not need to panic, all of your items are actually there, you just can't see them currently. The issue was if a player had a Legacy Cargo Hold on more than one server, one of them could now appear missing. This only happened in rare instances, which is why not everyone was experiencing it. We will have a fix for this in a patch next week.

We apologize for any frustration this has caused, we’ll get you fixed as soon as possible. More updates to come.

-eric
More than one of my Legacy holds is "missing". Specifically, I am missing everything from two legacies (Begeron Colony and Bastion) that should have gotten "merged" with the stuff from Harbinger, on Satele Shan. And as best I can tell, everything from Jung Ma, and possibly some stuff from Jedi Covenant, failed to get "merged" with the contents of my Ebon Hawk bank on Star Forge. So not one, but at least three, possibly four banks, fully or partially missing.


On Star Forge, it looks like most of the items from my Ebon Hawk legacy bank are present in the "new" legacy bank, and some (but only "some") stuff from one other legacy. Oddly enough, it looks like a couple of the "empty" tabs from Ebon Hawk got "replaced" with "occupied" tabs from one of the other legacies in the "new" legacy bank..

So, Tab 1 and Tab 2 each have 26 slots filled. Tab 3 has 8 filled, and Tab 4 has exactly one slot filled. All of which are arranged just as they were pre-merger. Tab 5 and Tab 6 appear to have the contents of Tab 1 and Tab 2 from my Jedi Covenant legacy bank, likewise arranged as they were pre-merger. Everything from my Jung Ma vault seems to be gone.

Nothing got "merged". Multiple stacks of the same item from different servers are still multiple stacks of the same items, just now on different tabs, instead of different servers. Only 110 of 480 total slots are occupied. Literally hundreds of empty slots that could easily accept all the stacks of items from all three servers, even if no stacks got combined.


Somewhat different situation on Satele Shan server.

I have all the stuff from my Harbinger legacy still in my "new" legacy bank on Satele Shan, including the 100+ empty slots I had open, scattered throughout all 6 tabs. I figured that would be more than enough space for my stuff from Begeren Colony and Bastion, especially since most of what I had on those was crafting mats, which should have simply gotten added to the stacks I already had. But it looiks like not one thing got moved over from those servers. Based on what seems to have happened with my legacy vault on Star Forge, it seems this is because I didn't have any tabs that were completely empty and thus available to be "overwritten" by tabs from the other legacy vaults.

All of which seems rather odd. I can't believe you expected folks to remove and/or rearrange stuff in their legacy banks on every server, so that no legacy bank had items in more than one tab, so that those "occupied" tabs could be directly copied over "empty" tabs in the "new" legacy vaults. Especially since you said that all the banks would be combined, we didn't need to do anything with our Legacy banks, and if there wasn't enough space in the "new" legacy bank, extra items would go into an "overflow" and be easily retrievable.

My stuff is all there, I just can't see it, you say? We'll get it all back with a patch next week? Not holding my breath.

Meanwhile, is it 'safe" to use the empty slots in our legacy storage now, rearrage items, combine stacks, etc., or should we just not touch anything in our legacy banks until the patch next week, lest it mess up things even further? I'm inclined toward the latter option at this point.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

VirtualMorrigan's Avatar


VirtualMorrigan
11.09.2017 , 01:21 PM | #42
....
I love how we had that post in the thread about people taking precautions...

Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

Just jumping in to say, the processes we are following are not related to Character Transfers, so you really don't have to take the same precautions. It's totally up to you, but honestly, we need to do this right and make it as seamless as possible for everyone.

[]

Keith
And yes, my legacy storage from TRE is gone. My legacy was renamed to the one last used, not the one most used (as in, I got an achievement for moving a character to a SH just before I parked them for the merge), and I left ONE character just in the field on Hoth, while I moved all others to the fleet. Logging in on that character now reproducably crashes the game client.
I probably should have expected it, but seriously, what the hell????

Krazhez's Avatar


Krazhez
11.09.2017 , 01:28 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
....
My legacy was renamed to the one last used, not the one most used ...snip
It wasn't that. I used a legacy on bastion last, but its only legacy 4. I got my legacy 50 from harb, highest level won. If the legacies were both level 50, a legacy was chosen randomly. They said that in the livestream in October. However, achievements should have been merged, so the achievement is weird. Granted the prospector achievements have been buggy. They didn't work on any of my established toons that had been to the sh before they added the achievements, only new toons worked.

As for everything else, that sucks :/
I'm missing my bc and bastion legacy storages myself. But my Star forge merge looked okay. (everything was mailed on the first toon I logged in on.

kronichabit's Avatar


kronichabit
11.09.2017 , 01:40 PM | #44
ive lost my main toons min max dps gear on jug and am pissed off along with all my harbinger mats
Kronic aka P flakes
My Ninjas
Thots & Prayers for all you sinners

kronichabit's Avatar


kronichabit
11.09.2017 , 01:42 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
More than one of my Legacy holds is "missing". Specifically, I am missing everything from two legacies (Begeron Colony and Bastion) that should have gotten "merged" with the stuff from Harbinger, on Satele Shan. And as best I can tell, everything from Jung Ma, and possibly some stuff from Jedi Covenant, failed to get "merged" with the contents of my Ebon Hawk bank on Star Forge. So not one, but at least three, possibly four banks, fully or partially missing.


On Star Forge, it looks like most of the items from my Ebon Hawk legacy bank are present in the "new" legacy bank, and some (but only "some") stuff from one other legacy. Oddly enough, it looks like a couple of the "empty" tabs from Ebon Hawk got "replaced" with "occupied" tabs from one of the other legacies in the "new" legacy bank..

So, Tab 1 and Tab 2 each have 26 slots filled. Tab 3 has 8 filled, and Tab 4 has exactly one slot filled. All of which are arranged just as they were pre-merger. Tab 5 and Tab 6 appear to have the contents of Tab 1 and Tab 2 from my Jedi Covenant legacy bank, likewise arranged as they were pre-merger. Everything from my Jung Ma vault seems to be gone.

Nothing got "merged". Multiple stacks of the same item from different servers are still multiple stacks of the same items, just now on different tabs, instead of different servers. Only 110 of 480 total slots are occupied. Literally hundreds of empty slots that could easily accept all the stacks of items from all three servers, even if no stacks got combined.


Somewhat different situation on Satele Shan server.

I have all the stuff from my Harbinger legacy still in my "new" legacy bank on Satele Shan, including the 100+ empty slots I had open, scattered throughout all 6 tabs. I figured that would be more than enough space for my stuff from Begeren Colony and Bastion, especially since most of what I had on those was crafting mats, which should have simply gotten added to the stacks I already had. But it looiks like not one thing got moved over from those servers. Based on what seems to have happened with my legacy vault on Star Forge, it seems this is because I didn't have any tabs that were completely empty and thus available to be "overwritten" by tabs from the other legacy vaults.

All of which seems rather odd. I can't believe you expected folks to remove and/or rearrange stuff in their legacy banks on every server, so that no legacy bank had items in more than one tab, so that those "occupied" tabs could be directly copied over "empty" tabs in the "new" legacy vaults. Especially since you said that all the banks would be combined, we didn't need to do anything with our Legacy banks, and if there wasn't enough space in the "new" legacy bank, extra items would go into an "overflow" and be easily retrievable.

My stuff is all there, I just can't see it, you say? We'll get it all back with a patch next week? Not holding my breath.

Meanwhile, is it 'safe" to use the empty slots in our legacy storage now, rearrage items, combine stacks, etc., or should we just not touch anything in our legacy banks until the patch next week, lest it mess up things even further? I'm inclined toward the latter option at this point.
wait a whole week i lose my main toons gear ? so cpx took me 7 months to min max and tyour saying dont stress its gonna take a week to fix lol
Kronic aka P flakes
My Ninjas
Thots & Prayers for all you sinners

kronichabit's Avatar


kronichabit
11.09.2017 , 01:46 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

The team has worked out what is going on. For starters, you do not need to panic, all of your items are actually there, you just can't see them currently. The issue was if a player had a Legacy Cargo Hold on more than one server, one of them could now appear missing. This only happened in rare instances, which is why not everyone was experiencing it. We will have a fix for this in a patch next week.

We apologize for any frustration this has caused, we’ll get you fixed as soon as possible. More updates to come.

-eric
ya bro im missing my min max main toons dps set im stressing it takes for ever to gear because of cpx and ya im stressing my only fully geared toon
Kronic aka P flakes
My Ninjas
Thots & Prayers for all you sinners

Czajja's Avatar


Czajja
11.09.2017 , 01:46 PM | #47
My legacy gear was in legacy cargo, now it is missing so I cant play. Fix it, now.

But hey, I can always buy vanilla gear from CM and just stay on fleet and look at my character......

TwoLekku's Avatar


TwoLekku
11.09.2017 , 02:36 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

The team has worked out what is going on. For starters, you do not need to panic, all of your items are actually there, you just can't see them currently. The issue was if a player had a Legacy Cargo Hold on more than one server, one of them could now appear missing. This only happened in rare instances, which is why not everyone was experiencing it. We will have a fix for this in a patch next week.

We apologize for any frustration this has caused, we’ll get you fixed as soon as possible. More updates to come.

-eric
No, it gets better. Additional issue: sometimes all of the overflow shows up in your mail. For instance, in the mailbox of a character you've nearly finished clearing out and prepared for deletion. Click on legacy storage to put one or two things in, notice I'm one of the ppl missing some legacy storage visibility, and then realize that this char's personal inventory just filled up and I got 50 new mail arrivals. So now I can't delete this character, right, because the FIFTY new mail items stuffed full of overflow would also be deleted.

You don't need to empty your storage, they said. It won't be like other transfers, they said. fml

TwoLekku's Avatar


TwoLekku
11.09.2017 , 02:40 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by TwoLekku View Post
No, it gets better. Additional issue: sometimes all of the overflow shows up in your mail. For instance, in the mailbox of a character you've nearly finished clearing out and prepared for deletion. Click on legacy storage to put one or two things in, notice I'm one of the ppl missing some legacy storage visibility, and then realize that this char's personal inventory just filled up and I got 50 new mail arrivals. So now I can't delete this character, right, because the FIFTY new mail items stuffed full of overflow would also be deleted.

You don't need to empty your storage, they said. It won't be like other transfers, they said. fml
Oh good, now it's 17 new mail. So it's just disappearing in front of my eyes. Lovely.

ceciltaru's Avatar


ceciltaru
11.09.2017 , 02:57 PM | #50
its good to hear that it will be fixed next week, but what about until then?

what if i start crafting using those mats in my legacy hold? is that going to screw up your stuff?