Same factions competing in Hutball.

Jesmcalli

Now, I understand that the Imperials are pretty much the dominant faction on every server, and due to this they have longer queues. They end up playing with themselves in Hutball ( yeah yeah, I know, go ahead and giggle), more often than not. My question is, how is this not effectively win-trading ( not intentionally mind you, but the results are the same)? I mean, you compete with your faction, one side wins, gets geared up, and who knows,maybe you'll be playing on the same team as the people that opposed you in the next match. Does anyone else see the problem here?

Imps play each other, get gear, meanwhile the Reps get a more varied WZ selection. But, due to population imbalances at max level, lack of a robust, competitive PVP pool to pull from, the Reps end up losing most of the time anyways. So, Imperials pretty much have a win-win here. Either way their side wins, gets better gear, and the gap becomes larger and larger. Already on my server, I'm getting longer queues and then zoning into an incomplete team vs a full Imp team that is mostly 50s. There simply isn't any incentive to WZ when you know for a fact you're facing higher level, better geared opponents, probably a premade, and that you're going to lose. Gearing up for PVP is painful enough as it is with the *genius* bag system.

I'm Imperial but because I solo queue instead of doing premades I don't even win half my games. I also end up in matches that are almost over or in matches where half my team leaves before a game starts. I also end up losing to premades although sometimes I get lucky and the premade is on my side. That said, from everything I've read on the forums, you Republic pvpers have it much worse and I do feel bad for you. I'm just not sure what the answer to the problem is.

Now, I understand that the Imperials are pretty much the dominant faction on every server, and due to this they have longer queues. They end up playing with themselves in Hutball ( yeah yeah, I know, go ahead and giggle), more often than not. My question is, how is this not effectively win-trading ( not intentionally mind you, but the results are the same)? I mean, you compete with your faction, one side wins, gets geared up, and who knows,maybe you'll be playing on the same team as the people that opposed you in the next match. Does anyone else see the problem here?

Imps play each other, get gear, meanwhile the Reps get a more varied WZ selection. But, due to population imbalances at max level, lack of a robust, competitive PVP pool to pull from, the Reps end up losing most of the time anyways. So, Imperials pretty much have a win-win here. Either way their side wins, gets better gear, and the gap becomes larger and larger. Already on my server, I'm getting longer queues and then zoning into an incomplete team vs a full Imp team that is mostly 50s. There simply isn't any incentive to WZ when you know for a fact you're facing higher level, better geared opponents, probably a premade, and that you're going to lose. Gearing up for PVP is painful enough as it is with the *genius* bag system.

Reps dont lose most the time. Infact, bioware annouced that imperial only win 53% of the games.

Well, good for the Reps on your servers. On my server, the population imbalance is so bad, in terms of sheer numbers and high level players, that we rarely win. Maybe 2 in 10 games. If that. So, they just keep getting more geared, and us less so, and the problem just becomes worse.

I find that Empire vs Empire in huttball matches are far more entertaining than playing against reps. It isn't fun beating a team 6-0 all the time and the better pvpers are clearly on the empire side from what I have seen on my server.

I will say there are a few premades on rep side that does well..pugs almost never win.

Edited by Aowar

I find that Empire vs Empire in huttball matches are far more entertaining than playing against reps. It isn't fun beating a team 6-0 all the time and the better pvpers are clearly on the empire side from what I have seen on my server.

I will say there are a few premades on rep side that does well..pugs almost never win.

It's not really a matter of "Empire has better PVPers" it's a matter of "Empire has more people, so the potential to have decent PVPers is better". Factor in more higher levels to carry the people coming up, and more opportunity to get gear, and you have a problem. Reps could have some great PVPers, but it's a small number, so you don't see many of them.

• 1 month later...
It's not really a matter of "Empire has better PVPers" it's a matter of "Empire has more people, so the potential to have decent PVPers is better". Factor in more higher levels to carry the people coming up, and more opportunity to get gear, and you have a problem. Reps could have some great PVPers, but it's a small number, so you don't see many of them.

Get better. Republic does great on my server. Stop acting like what happens on your server happens on every server.

I come from Namadii Corridor, where there are so very few imps in the 10-49 bracket, and way too many Reps. Past week has been almost entirely Rep VS Rep.

I loathe same faction. :C It is substantially harder than Rep VS Imp, for sure, and rather more frustrating, because you know who the good Reps are, and who the bad ones are, and it comes down to which team has more of each. ;_;

The pub queues should be shorter than Imp queues because there's such a demand to pull them into wzs, you still get medals when you lose too, if anything pubs should gear faster than imps because you can get almost twice as many games in.