Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vengeance PvP: Crit vs. Power Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Vengeance PvP: Crit vs. Power Discussion

rouvi
04.22.2012 , 09:30 AM | #11
So which earpiece do u guys buy? With full BM gear it seems, that the crit/surge earpeace of WH is better, but what if ur full of WH, is it better do have the +power one?
Intel ist der Coolste!

Dracosz
04.22.2012 , 11:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinrei View Post
You're really going to sacrifice raw power and damage for the CHANCE your dots MAY crit?

I'd rather have an extra 150-200 blunt damage on my abilities than a chance for my dots to crit and do 190 damage.
Again, it's at the cost of 15-20 bonus damage for 2-4% crit, which, with the WH saber, isn't as major a loss as it sounds.

Quote:
So which earpiece do u guys buy? With full BM gear it seems, that the crit/surge earpeace of WH is better, but what if ur full of WH, is it better do have the +power one?
The power/surge ones are amazing, imo. 67 Power is absolutely INSANE.
p

Kabulla
04.23.2012 , 01:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracosz View Post
The power/surge ones are amazing, imo. 67 Power is absolutely INSANE.
p
That's the Imp not the ear and yes they are insanely nice... ear options are crit/surge or power/accuracy

Dracosz
04.23.2012 , 05:30 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabulla View Post
That's the Imp not the ear and yes they are insanely nice... ear options are crit/surge or power/accuracy
w/e implant earpiece, same difference to me.

HitokiriKobra
04.27.2012 , 11:32 AM | #15
what about STR vs PWR Augments for Veng Jugg (not Rage)??
Tenkenus
<Apex>

Dracosz
04.27.2012 , 12:41 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracosz View Post
w/e implant earpiece, same difference to me.
Prioritize them equally, taking power as a secondary stat and in augments.

Reli_BOON
04.28.2012 , 02:18 AM | #17
I am a bit confused here.

I run on full BM, moded extensively.
Yet i stand on 175 Power (370 bonus dmg) 26% crit and 76% surge.
1100 expertise (didnt swap a couple of mods for the +expertise ones since i thought i'd go straight for WH)

Ican see how ppl can ge 30% crit and 75% AND 440 bonus dmg in one set, but i dont see how it can be done without crippling their HP to below 16k.
I have 17.1k hp unbuffed atm. And still looking to increase it first chance i get.

Am i doing something wrong with gear here?

GregAlia
12.09.2012 , 12:29 PM | #18
Just my 2 sense but i stacked strength because it give you power. They are the same thing really accept strengh is better. I'm doing very well in full WH on my vengence jugg. I put 2 surge augments in my implants that is it. I've not noticed any problems burning single targets. In a full Voidstar I average 450k total damage given the fact i'm not on a horrible team. Just my thoughts.

Okuy
12.10.2012 , 10:32 AM | #19
Hey Mauull the merciless here, guy whos always on your mind. referring to the thread name, Crit is way more important. please dont go stacking a load of power and having a worthless crit chance, you just make the rest of us look bad. #JuggDpsIsAmazing
Mauull The Merciless - BFF Hug Group