The Official Begeren Colony Ranked Arena Thread

NvrShoutNvr

Even with a team that plays with us, our tanks still take guard damage through Force Barrier.

LOL

36-point seer spec viable? In 4s maybe, with a world-class tank, but we'll be bottom of the barrel in soloyoloqueue post 2.7. Mercs and ops will compete to see which is the alpha heal class but we're getting left behind. Our scheduled tree buffs do little to make points 22-35 invested in the tree actually appealing. The non-spec specific buffs (mental alacrity providing pushback immunity) are actually more useful than our tree-specific buff IMO.

Also I haven't been on Matari since...

It's just what I know you by. :)

And Solo Q is meaningless, it should be removed from the Season Rewards pool imo. It's 4 man regs. There's no communication/competition.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still they need to fix the Force Barrier bug, as taking 50% of 0 damage should result in...well, 0 damage.

Yet it does not.

any competent tank is going to switch guard off a sage when he bubbles, because any competent opposition is going to switch targets when a sage bubbles.

so who cares

Edited by NvrShoutNvr

wellll

my team got planted to hell and back tonight. mostly because i've never tanked in 4's before, i was using a derp hybrid spec, and I wasn't using a shield half the night :D

but it was gg's and I was just happy to play ranked with some cool people. thank you to everyone who came out tonight and hope to continue the dedicated ranked nights in the future.

He was 23/23. It worked well with our hardswaps, but he was just too squishy, even in full tank gear. When he went full tree there was a solid noticeable improvement to his ability to survive.

@ Neo this is the hybrid.

i get hilt strike, warding call, stasis being a no channel ability, master strike root, overhead slash, and focused defense buff/awe CD. Lots and lots of control, but I had a really hard time surviving. mostly because i had never tanked in ranked before. so i did a full defense build and it was a day and night difference.

Edited by NvrShoutNvr

He was 23/23. It worked well with our hardswaps, but he was just too squishy, even in full tank gear. When he went full tree there was a solid noticeable improvement to his ability to survive.

He ran with you guys? I've never done that hybrid before so I can't speak for it, but full defense with dps gear is the hybrid I've been doing since being back and it works wonders in pvp. It actually reminds me of the old veng hybrid I used to run with Aza back in the day before they nerfed it, only a bit better on the survivability end here. I wouldn't use it as the dedicated tank though. When we contemplated 4s, we were going to have myrm full tank and me with the hybrid, then a full blown dps/heals.

@ Neo this is the hybrid.

i get hilt strike, warding call, stasis being a no channel ability, master strike root, overhead slash, and focused defense buff/awe CD. Lots and lots of control, but I had a really hard time surviving. mostly because i had never tanked in ranked before. so i did a full defense build and it was a day and night difference.

Was your role as a hybrid dps or were you the only tank? If you were the only tank you'd want to stay in full defense with dps gear, and even then you have to be on top of your game as will your healer. Not sure how much crit you have either, but the whole point of the full defense/dps gear hybrid is to be exactly that, a hybrid. 0 crit means you'll be hitting like a tank, but with even worse survivability given you are in dps gear. I run mine with 26% crit. If you don't have at least some, its honestly a waste of time - you might as well go full tank. Also set bonuses are big, regardless of whether you're using full defense or defense/vig both remove the channeled stasis, so grabbing the extra second 2 set bonus and the intercede heal is a good combo.

If its your first time doing defense though, especially fighting players who know their stuff then you may want to practice the rotation/when you're going to blow your def cooldowns. I used to think watchman cooldowns were a hassle, but full defense tank made me have to add a lot more keybinds. It was exhausting at first.

I was in full tank gear, aside from my implants and I was indeed the only tank. I feel DPS gear as tanking role would just be suicide in ranked. It's not the first time i've tanked in PvP, just the first time i've ever done it in group 4's. Edited by NvrShoutNvr

Dps gear as tank would need a good composition to back it tank stats allow higher mitigation and survivability but a decent amount of it depending on what class you are comes from the cool downs having a dps tank can help with pressure if you have the suitable team to make it work and not get globaled Edited by Evonaut

Dps gear as tank would need a good composition to back it tank stats allow higher mitigation and survivability but a decent amount of it depending on what class you are comes from the cool downs having a dps tank can help with pressure if you have the suitable team to make it work and not get globaled

Now that I have my forum privileges back (Worth it)...Good job with the spelling evo but work on those periods <3

Now that I have my forum privileges back (Worth it)...Good job with the spelling evo but work on those periods <3

sometimes i feel like Evo gets really, really drunk just to write on the forums. Every time I read one of his posts, I feel the need to go back to English class.