Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Vhaegrant's Avatar


Vhaegrant
05.13.2014 , 06:50 PM | #4811
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I would also point out that Mr Musco just recently made a comment in the "change faction" thread specifically speaking to the possibility (he didn't say never because he hates to do that, but said it was rather unlikely due to difficulties), so they do from time to time comment in these sorts of threads.

I wonder if they are avoiding this one like the plague. Probably a wise choice considering the passionate folks that participate in this discussion.
I must admit I was surprised to see gold font turn up in the Faction Swap thread, but Eric's answer, while welcome, only reiterates the language used in the original quote that started this thread.

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
05.13.2014 , 06:52 PM | #4812
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I would also point out that Mr Musco just recently made a comment in the "change faction" thread specifically speaking to the possibility (he didn't say never because he hates to do that, but said it was rather unlikely due to difficulties), so they do from time to time comment in these sorts of threads.

I wonder if they are avoiding this one like the plague. Probably a wise choice considering the passionate folks that participate in this discussion.
/Agree
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
05.13.2014 , 06:53 PM | #4813
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
I must admit I was surprised to see gold font turn up in the Faction Swap thread, but Eric's answer, while welcome, only reiterates the language used in the original quote that started this thread.
And yet he did not bother to reiterate the other half of what was said in the original quote that started this thread... in THIS thread. Coincidental?
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Vhaegrant's Avatar


Vhaegrant
05.13.2014 , 07:44 PM | #4814
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
And yet he did not bother to reiterate the other half of what was said in the original quote that started this thread... in THIS thread. Coincidental?
I'm not sure why he would feel compelled to. I'm sure he has plenty of other issues to deal with, the PvP players getting their feathers ruffled over the exclusivity of their mounts for example, or maybe the cantina event in two days time, than to feel the need to drop in and comment on the threads you feel are important.

I have no idea of how the Community Team manage the forums but I'm pretty sure Eric isn't sat reading through every thread from start to finish, There will be moderators, largely tasked with keeping things civil and cleaning up the worst transgressions, and maybe flagging threads and/or specific posts for the Community Team to take note of. This process probably isn't just limited to this forum either but external communication sources like Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc... Maybe what landed on Eric's lap didn't make any direct connection between this thread and the one on Faction Change.

I think this highlights a couple of things;
What is important to you, may not even make it onto another persons radar.
There is always room to stretch a quote to favour your argument if you want it bad enough.

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
05.13.2014 , 08:02 PM | #4815
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
I'm not sure why he would feel compelled to. I'm sure he has plenty of other issues to deal with, the PvP players getting their feathers ruffled over the exclusivity of their mounts for example, or maybe the cantina event in two days time, than to feel the need to drop in and comment on the threads you feel are important.

I have no idea of how the Community Team manage the forums but I'm pretty sure Eric isn't sat reading through every thread from start to finish, There will be moderators, largely tasked with keeping things civil and cleaning up the worst transgressions, and maybe flagging threads and/or specific posts for the Community Team to take note of. This process probably isn't just limited to this forum either but external communication sources like Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc... Maybe what landed on Eric's lap didn't make any direct connection between this thread and the one on Faction Change.

I think this highlights a couple of things;
What is important to you, may not even make it onto another persons radar.
There is always room to stretch a quote to favour your argument if you want it bad enough.
Just bursting with excuses, aren't you? Oh well. He answered a 7 page thread and ignored a 241 page thread. Feel free to insert excuse here.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Vhaegrant's Avatar


Vhaegrant
05.13.2014 , 08:11 PM | #4816
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
Just bursting with excuses, aren't you? Oh well. He answered a 7 page thread and ignored a 241 page thread. Feel free to insert excuse here.
An excuse for what?

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
05.13.2014 , 08:13 PM | #4817
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
Just bursting with excuses, aren't you? Oh well. He answered a 7 page thread and ignored a 241 page thread.
Is your theory that he wants to say "No", but is afraid to?

My theory is that he doesn't know if the answer is yes or no, and so decided to say nothing.

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
05.13.2014 , 08:25 PM | #4818
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Is your theory that he wants to say "No", but is afraid to?

My theory is that he doesn't know if the answer is yes or no, and so decided to say nothing.
pretty much this.

they have had bad experiences with giving "maybe, we are not sure yet" answers. so now they tend to wait until they have something more definitive to say. I mean... just look at how they phrase all their updates nowadays, delaying communication, downright saying that they didn't want to say anything until they had better information, etc.

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
05.13.2014 , 09:54 PM | #4819
I play one of each.

Sentinel and a Juggernaut
Shadow and Sorcerer
Commando and Powertech
etc.

I don't really see the point. I could understand if there was just one storyline to play.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
05.14.2014 , 05:37 AM | #4820
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Is your theory that he wants to say "No", but is afraid to?

My theory is that he doesn't know if the answer is yes or no, and so decided to say nothing.
My theory is he wants to say:

No
Not right now
maybe later
eventually
some point in the foreseeable future
realistically a possibility
should be implemented by
etc etc etc...

My point is, the answer is not a solid YES, and there is probably great fear and trepidation about answering anything other than Yes in a 240+ page thread. If there are so many hundreds of ways to say "MAYBE", why not just step in and say:

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to clear up a few things....
(ramble for 3 paragraphs)
So, never say never, but at this time it is not being added in the immediate future.


Then, everyone gets their "Maybe", they can blow it out of proportion claiming it was a YES, and we could all just be happy there is a little Gold B at the start of the title to one of 47 threads in 2 years asking for this feature.

Sometimes all you need to do to calm a situation is throw them a bone
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy