Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Superman_AZ
05.12.2014 , 05:14 PM | #4771
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
I think it's a good bet that one of the technical difficulties they encounter is when is too early to reveal something the player base has been asking for since launch, without the player base then setting their expectations unreasonably high
That's easy... 18 months amirite?
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

ZahirS
05.12.2014 , 05:42 PM | #4772
I think it's a good bet that one of the technical difficulties they encounter is when is too early to reveal something the player base has been asking for since launch, without the player base then setting their expectations unreasonably high
Thanks for the link but check blue part:

Quote:
Q: Are there any plans to increase the Legacy cap beyond 50, or provide any incentives to attain that level, such as Legacy banks so that you don’t have to mail credits to your alts etc?
A: They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future.

Q: What are the plans to improve guild functionality in game: guild email, capital ships etc?
A: Currently nothing is specifically planned. A lot of the features requested would be technically challenging

Q: The technical difficulties that keep being referred to: are these in relation to the game engine?
A: Each time they give that response, it’s due to a different technical difficulty such as architecture or something else.
If they can add Guild Ships, a legacy perk is definetly easier.

Reno_Tarshil
05.12.2014 , 05:43 PM | #4773
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post

Good god can you change the blue. are you trying to blind people?
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

ZahirS
05.12.2014 , 05:44 PM | #4774
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Ok modified text only, hope this clears it.

Essence_of_Light
05.12.2014 , 05:45 PM | #4775

Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
My eyes! My eyes!
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for free
goodies like Cartel Market unlocks
!

Reno_Tarshil
05.12.2014 , 05:46 PM | #4776
Ok modified text only, hope this clears it.
Appreciated.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Vhaegrant
05.12.2014 , 05:49 PM | #4777
I'm not disagreeing with you awwww I missed all the blue

The main point, and pertinent to the thread at this point in time, is that the devs seldom comment in the forums on game features that they know will be introduced into the game in the not so distant future.
Six months ago legacy banks and guild ships, two much requested features, were not to be considered as they were technically difficult.
With the announcement of Galactic Stronghold, which must of at least been at the design document stage, if not through it's first draft implementation, we find out that the technical issues weren't that insurmountable.

BuriDogshin
05.12.2014 , 05:53 PM | #4778
From the Phoenix Cantina event on January 31st, 2014 (less than six months ago )
Full Transcript over at Ootinicast -> http://ootinicast.com/2014/02/commun...ntina-phoenix/
That is not a transcript, it is by its own admission a summary. As the person who asked the question about Legacy level and legacy banks, I must caution you that the summary is not exact. My own notes say:

"BW said that raising the Legacy level cap and adding corresponding perks was "on the roadmap" but did not say more than that. One BW person said a Legacy vault — i.e. a place to keep all your alts’ mats and trade-able items — would require too much coding."

That BW person was not a programmer BTW.
Going Preferred January 31, 2015.

Deewe
05.12.2014 , 05:57 PM | #4779
Quote: Originally Posted by BuriDogshin View Post
That is not a transcript, it is by its own admission a summary. As the person who asked the question about Legacy level and legacy banks, I must caution you that the summary is not exact. My own notes say:

"BW said that raising the Legacy level cap and adding corresponding perks was "on the roadmap" but did not say more than that. One BW person said a Legacy vault — i.e. a place to keep all your alts’ mats and trade-able items — would require too much coding."

That BW person was not a programmer BTW.
Wondering what we'll be able to do with the legacy storage in the housing system then.

This leaves me worried and the too much coding puzzled.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

ZahirS
05.12.2014 , 05:59 PM | #4780
Actually if devs do this faster and add this perks sooner, it will undoubtly increase the life of the game.