Just resubbed

Orlacc

As far as I know the free 65 was a one time gift for being subbed around the 5th anniversary. There was also a free 60 that you could get if you were subbed at the launch of 4.0 that later could be used for a free 65 if you still had it when the level cap changed. Other than those 2 times I am unaware of the SWTOR team offering a free 65. If you had the free tokens in the past and they are missing it may be worth it to put in a trouble ticket.

I just bought the $30 pack off Origin and got a free level 60 or 65 new character option.

I'm actually wondering what class I should make. You think this free max level will go up since the new expansion raises max level?

The current Outlander tokens:

* Don't make max-level characters. They have **never** made max-level characters.

* Probably won't change immediately, but may well acquire an insta-70 mode to allow direct starts at the beginning of Onslaught, or maybe at the beginning of Jedi Under Siege.

And the general advice is to make start-at-1 characters until you are comfortable with the game's mechanics, not least because that way you can play through the class stories. Insta60 and Insta65 characters cannot.

Based on the information you gave us about your preferred play-style (er, none at all), we cannot advise you on which class to make even for start-at-1 characters.

The current Outlander tokens:

* Don't make max-level characters. They have **never** made max-level characters.

* Probably won't change immediately, but may well acquire an insta-70 mode to allow direct starts at the beginning of Onslaught, or maybe at the beginning of Jedi Under Siege.

And the general advice is to make start-at-1 characters until you are comfortable with the game's mechanics, not least because that way you can play through the class stories. Insta60 and Insta65 characters cannot.

Based on the information you gave us about your preferred play-style (er, none at all), we cannot advise you on which class to make even for start-at-1 characters.

I like every class I have tried. Maybe my question was is there a best/great class for max level content like raids etc? Or will any suffice?

Are you sure you cannot do class story after boost? I've read different.

I like every class I have tried. Maybe my question was is there a best/great class for max level content like raids etc? Or will any suffice?

Are you sure you cannot do class story after boost? I've read different.

The best class for *you* for any content is the one *you* feel most at ease playing and have the most familiarity with the rotation. For me, that means Gunnery Commando, because that was my main for ages, but for you it will be something else, maybeperhaps.

Outlander tokens lock you out of the class story, the class-companion stories, and the Revan-linked story set:

* Prelude to Revan / Forged Alliances

* Shadow of Revan (Rishi / Yavin)

* Rise of the Emperor (Ziost)

Start-at-65 Outlander token characters are also locked out of "first play" decisions in Knights of the Fallen Empire.

Master's Datacron characters (that is, ones created at level 1 and boosted to 70 by the Master's Datacron) are not locked out of any content.

You think this free max level will go up since the new expansion raises max level?

It will change you can still pick 60 to start KOTET/KOTFE or 70 to start Ossus

Hey there,

So there are two things that have level boost components I can cover, the Outlander token and the Master's Datacron. Before I jump into it, just know that this is the current plan and is subject to change.

• Outlander Token - Currently, you can use this token to create a brand new character to either be level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or level 65 at the start of KOTET. In Onslaught, the functionality of the token will partially change. You will now be able to create a new character at level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or at level 70 at the start of Ossus.
  • Master's Datacron - In short, nothing is going to change about the Master's Datacron at the launch of Onslaught. At some point in the future we may add a level 75 version of the Datacron, but nothing is planned near the launch of the expansion.

Thanks!

-eric