Snap camera is beginning to wear me down

GeLopez

It might seem minor, but this kind of UI clunkiness is such a huge deal to having seamless gameplay. I am honestly beginning to think of unsubscribing just because it makes it so hard to kite properly while using abilities in every aspect of the game. I don't understand why this option doesn't exist. Edited by GeLopez

Use the right mouse button instead of the left. Durrrr.

What? That doesn't work at all. That just turns my character along with my camera, which is even worse than just my camera moving.

I basically have to have to pray for no lag if I can't jump and I want to use Force in Balance on the run on a target that's behind me or to my side. It's ridiculous.

HUH??

Sorry I'm just confused. I have no idea what UI bulkiness or problems are encountered because of camera snap. It doesn't seem minor, it is.

Edit didn't see above post.

Click force in balance and target your own feet. No need to see behind you or to the side. It's radius is big enough to hit mobs that are far enough away

Edited by Jswizzle

What? That doesn't work at all. That just turns my character along with my camera, which is even worse than just my camera moving.

I basically have to have to pray for no lag if I can't jump and I want to use Force in Balance on the run on a target that's behind me or to my side. It's ridiculous.

I use the right mouse button to move the camera and it never snaps back ever.

Must be a problem on your end only.

That's because right-click turns your character as well, but that doesn't solve any problems in regards to kiting or turning only the camera while moving and using a spell.

This is a pretty big deal in PVP and top-end raiding. It makes the game feel so clunky for basically no reason.

Edited by GeLopez

Why are you kiting with force in balance? That makes no sense. The cool down is so long most of your time will be spent running around.

I've had to do it occasionally, and like I said. Target your own feet, it will hit any mob anywhere near you.

Why are you kiting with force in balance? That makes no sense. The cool down is so long most of your time will be spent running around.

I've had to do it occasionally, and like I said. Target your own feet, it will hit any mob anywhere near you.

Wow. LOL.

Use the right mouse button instead of the left. Durrrr.

And to think this ^ guy thinks the OP is dumb.

Ignorance is bliss huh? Must be nice.

The fact that such a simple feature is overlooked is one of the things that makes me think the leadership at BW is fundamentally flawed.

And to think this ^ guy thinks the OP is dumb.

Ignorance is bliss huh? Must be nice.

The fact that such a simple feature is overlooked is one of the things that makes me think the leadership at BW is fundamentally flawed.

It's not my fault that you're all so bad at MMOs that you need the camera to face at the enemies for you.

Also the only reason you're complaining about the camera is because you can't kite properly, right? So ... basically you just want to cheat?

Must be nice being so ignorant.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will not understand something and call the other person dumb.

Yes, we need to be able to disable the smart follow on the camera. It's not just a pvp thing. I'm assuming higher level raiding will require us to zoom out to see the whole room and avoid the bad things coming our way.

Plus I like to look around at the scenery while I run between quests ... endlessly. Or emote at a person I've run past. :p

It never ceases to amaze me how people will not understand something and call the other person dumb.

Yes, we need to be able to disable the smart follow on the camera. It's not just a pvp thing. I'm assuming higher level raiding will require us to zoom out to see the whole room and avoid the bad things coming our way.

Plus I like to look around at the scenery while I run between quests ... endlessly. Or emote at a person I've run past. :p

I'm glad someone gets it. :)

To not be able to run in one direction look behind yourself and select a target off in distance is beyond stupid.

It is a standard feature to be able to hit ctrl have the camera lock in place while you hold it down and select whatever you want.

To not be able to run in one direction look behind yourself and select a target off in distance is beyond stupid.

It is a standard feature to be able to hit ctrl have the camera lock in place while you hold it down and select whatever you want.

QFT

Although i do remember a short period where wow broke this...

It's not my fault that you're all so bad at MMOs that you need the camera to face at the enemies for you.

Also the only reason you're complaining about the camera is because you can't kite properly, right? So ... basically you just want to cheat?

Must be nice being so ignorant.

First you say there's a solution and then you say it doesn't matter. Let us know when you make up your mind which it is so we can respond.

Totally agree with you OP.

Anybody who's played another MMO at a high level in PvP or PvE would understand this.

Its downright infuriating that they don't have a simple option in preferences for this. Absolutely unacceptable. One of the first negative things (in a long list) that I noticed about the game.

I'm beginning to wonder if 99% of the people defending this game turn with their keyboards.

Edited by anathematize

Totally agree with you OP.

Anybody who's played another MMO at a high level in PvP or PvE would understand this.

Its downright infuriating that they don't have a simple option in preferences for this. Absolutely unacceptable. One of the first negative things (in a long list) that I noticed about the game.

I'm beginning to wonder if 99% of the people defending this game turn with their keyboards.

They're locking threads so quickly I can't even respond today.

I'm quitting just because of the forum moderation. It's completely disrespectful. I'm not giving EA another cent of my money.