Group Finder & Daily reward

Hi All

I'm having a question about the group finder and the commendations you get as daily reward.

Currently i'm lvl 33 questing on Taris.

My problem is that when I join the group finder my daily Reward would be 5 Alderaan Commendations.

As far as I know, the mods and stuff I can buy for those are only for level 29-31.

So my question is, what are the level ranges for the commendation reward when you complete a flashpoint through the group finder.

I also have som lower level character with same problem, they are too high level to have any use for the commendations from the FP

I am pretty much ALWAYS in the same boat. I always out-level the commendations so to speak. I usually end up using the comms that I get for gearing up alts. It seems like the only way to actually stay ahead. Especially with double xp weekends.

This is more to do with the planet vendors than the group finder, because regardless of doing flashpoints in the group finder, the comms don't buy stuff for the upper level that a lot of people are at, by the time they get to the end of it.

Alderaan is 28 - 32 from memory, but a lot of people are 34/35 or even higher when ready to leave there.

Really though, it doesn't matter, if you are ahead of the leveling, the gear you can get at any of these planets is more than enough to get through the next. The only thing I try and keep up to date is the weapon, the rest can lag 4 or 5 levels behind your actual level fine.

That's cause your over lvl your suppose to be at alderan because alderan is lvl 28-32 so if your one of those lvls it'll think your at alderaan so that's why you get commendations even though your still not questing there yet.This happens alot to people cause of the double xp.

Yes over leveling has always been a big issue if you try to do the bonus, class, and planet (story) quests on each of the planets. The double experience weekends are just enforcing that you now over level by alot. I hit Alderran tonight at 35 and everything was grey so I wasn't getting any experience until the end of the planet series. So I wasted about 5 hours of leveling time just to keep with the overal story that went into the game.

With the upcoming conversion of planet commendations from each planet into one common commendation your going to find your over the new caps that they might have in place (50 / 100 total). The one yellow post I did see said basically spend them or lose them because anything over the cap is lost. Which also means watch the GTN over these last two weekends, people are dumping hundreds of commendations in armors, mods and enhancments on the market.

Read the OP. He's talking about the daily reward from the group finder, and the comm type you get from there is based only on your current level, nothing else. It's impossible to get the "wrong" type of comms (according to the game) due to that.

For example, at level C, you will always get commendation Y regardless of if you've never left your starter planet or finished your entire story.

Read the OP. He's talking about the daily reward from the group finder, and the comm type you get from there is based only on your current level, nothing else. It's impossible to get the "wrong" type of comms (according to the game) due to that.

For example, at level C, you will always get commendation Y regardless of if you've never left your starter planet or finished your entire story.

Thing is, being over leveled applies to what the op is saying.

Also, there is a wide gap that you can do these FP's at, and most have an option of 2 planets comms that reflect this.

Anyway, 2.0 is very close and addresses this very problem, so not much point in discussing it further.

Thing is, being over leveled applies to what the op is saying.

Also, there is a wide gap that you can do these FP's at, and most have an option of 2 planets comms that reflect this.

Anyway, 2.0 is very close and addresses this very problem, so not much point in discussing it further.

You're thinking of the reward for the daily mission, this is not about "emerging conflicts 1-5". You can be overleveled for that.

What the op is talking about is the reward for queuing for a random flashpoint, where you get 5 comms as soon as the FP finishes. You are not given a choice for what you want, and it scales with your level, hence you can, by definition, never be over leveled for it.

Edited by steave