Interdiction Missile

Anyone else excited about the new bomber/gunship? They look really interesting! The new gunship can choose from Cluster Missiles, Slug Railgun, Interdiction Missile, EMP Missile. Nom!

Interdiction Missile: 5k range, 690 damage base, 2.0 lock on, 8 ammo, 11 sec reload, 24 firing arc. -50% to speed and turning for 8 seconds when hit by this.

Gunship:

Primary: Burst, Laser, Light Laser

Secondary (choose 2): Cluster, Slug, Interdiction Missile, EMP Missile

Shields: Directional, Feedback, Fortress, Distortion Field

Engines: Koiogran, Power Dive, Interdiction Drive, Barrel Roll

Capacitor, Magazine, Reactor, Thrusters

Bomber:

Primary: Laser, Quad, Heavy, Light Laser

Secondary: Proton, Concussion Missiles, Cluster Missiles

Systems: Missile Sentry Drone (pub) or Interdiction Sentry Drone (imp), Ion Mine, Concussion Mine

Shields: Overcharged, Charged Plating, Directional

Engines: Shield Power Converter, Power Dive, Interdiction Drive

Edited by TrinityLyre

Anyone else excited about the new bomber/gunship? They look really interesting! The new gunship can choose from Cluster Missiles, Slug Railgun, Interdiction Missile, EMP Missile. Nom!

Interdiction Missile: 5k range, 690 damage base, 2.0 lock on, 8 ammo, 11 sec reload, 24 firing arc.

Missiles on a gunship? that's interesting... I seem to remember another GS that used missiles too. I forget how that one turned out ;) Glad they're adding more ships though! It should definitely be interesting to see what's going on with them. Have you tried either of them (are the on the PST)?

Does the new Gunship have Burst Laser Cannons? If not, then I don't see how it can compete with the T1 for close-range efficacy.

If it does have BLC's, then it will be the first ship to have BLC's + EMP Missile. That makes it uniquely suited to dealing with Charged Plating Minelayers. Triply so if the new Gunship also has Charged Plating as a shield option itself.

Care to share what its Shield and Engine options are?

I suspect its components are Armor, Reactor, Thrusters ... and either Capacitor or Sensor?

Edited by Nemarus

Does the new Gunship have Burst Laser Cannons? If not, then I don't see how it can compete with the T1 for close-range efficacy.

I'm also curious about its Shield and Engine options.

Gunship:

Primary: Burst, Laser, Light Laser

Secondary (choose 2): Cluster, Slug, Interdiction Missile, EMP Missile

Shields: Directional, Feedback, Fortress, Distortion Field

Engines: Koiogran, Power Dive, Interdiction Drive, Barrel Roll

Bomber:

Systems: Missile Sentry Drone (pub) or Interdiction Sentry Drone (imp), Ion Mine, Concussion Mine

Edited by TrinityLyre

Not sure how enthoused I am about the new gunship. Now we have a gunship which can load the best long range weapon, and the best short range lasers and missiles. On the other hand it can't load Ion Railgun.

Still, why the devs think its a good idea to hand something the best long range and short range weapons to the same ship is beyond me (much like why T1 gunships have railguns and BLCs... only worse?).

So what's its effect on speed?

Sorry I neglected to mention that. -50% speed and turning for 8 seconds. These new ships really look like they were built with the intent of hamstringing all the scouts, lol.

Upgrades... -14% lockon, reload speed -3sec, slow duration +2 sec, +2 ammo or +10% range, drain engine 20 or drain weapon power 20.

Edited by TrinityLyre

T1 gunship looks OK. Close to what I asked for as an acceptable power level. I think it is still worse than the Quarrel, but that's more that the Quarrel was just extremely well designed to fit its game role.

Pros: I like that they added thrusters, which was the bare minimum it needed.

Cons: trading a railgun for a missile is always a bad trade - but that's deliberate here, to balance out the advantage of the thruster component.

I'm a little surprised and disappointed that it lost the armor component, which weakens dfield as a choice because it's much harder to stack evasion. The lock break will still be really good, but directional shields may be competitive now. It's just odd to exclude armor since every scout class in the game has armor.

Not sure how enthoused I am about the new gunship. Now we have a gunship which can load the best long range weapon, and the best short range lasers and missiles. On the other hand it can't load Ion Railgun.

Still, why the devs think its a good idea to hand something the best long range and short range weapons to the same ship is beyond me (much like why T1 gunships have railguns and BLCs... only worse?).

Because it flies like a freaking cow, even with thrusters.

Bomber:

1. No no no no no no no. Ships should NOT be different between factions. No. (Preemptive "**** you" to Verain.)
  2. Odd that these are billed as "heavily armored" but lack an armor component.

I'm not sure what to think of the new gunship type. It sounds like a really fun playstyle to me, but I worry with its component selection it's invading the strike fighter's territory. It even potentially an advantage in this niche as none of the strikes can get more than one missile break, while this can be built for two (although, distortion is quite a bit less effective since it can't be paired with lightweight armor).

1. No no no no no no no. Ships should NOT be different between factions. No. (Preemptive "**** you" to Verain.)

I agree with Point The First. It might work in a game that has no upgrade tiers for weapons, but doing this is begging for trouble. -bp

Okay that's a cluster with longer CD and less ammo, but with an effect that makes that you don't need more ammo or lower CD...

Complete BS, or "how to make an OP component but making it looking fine."

If it's going to be crippling like Sabotage Probe, then it should have comparable damage to Sabotage Probe.

I agree this is lame, especially because those two Drones are quite different in range tactical function.

A Missile Sentry Drone would be great to combine with Range Capacitor HLC's and a Concussion Missile, so that you could really lay out the damage at 5-7km.

An Interdiction Drone dropped right on top of an opponent would be great to set them up so you can lay into them with Damage Capacitor LLC's and Cluster Missiles -- though honestly for a short-range build, I'd prefer Concussion Mine.

Even for a mid-range build, the Concussion Mine is more appealing as a defense against Scouts. Plus you can use it every 15 seconds, as opposed to every minute.

Bomber:

Hang on, the Republic and Empire versions have different drones?

The hell?

Has anyone considered Interdiction Missile with Interdiction Drive? Throw in some (improved) Ion Railgun T5 and Interdiction Mines/Drones. Lawdy, the snare!

you think we could convince them to put this missile on the T3 scout and/or the Pike/quelll

The pubs already have maps that favor them now ships. Why does this make me want to spend less money on the game ?

The pubs already have maps that favor them now ships. Why does this make me want to spend less money on the game ?

Devs have confirmed this is a bug. They should have same drone. Though devs didn't say which.