Best Powertech PVE DPS spec.

XFrOzEnX

What is currently the best powertech DPS spec for PVE. My guild just got a new tank and I am going to DPS and fill in tanking if im ever needed. So what is currently the best sustained DPS spec for powertechs and what is the priority for it. Apoligize for my grammar its my 21st birthday today and i am wasted lol!!

What is currently the best powertech DPS spec for PVE. My guild just got a new tank and I am going to DPS and fill in tanking if im ever needed. So what is currently the best sustained DPS spec for powertechs and what is the priority for it. Apoligize for my grammar its my 21st birthday today and i am wasted lol!!

Pyro. It goes TD/IM/RS/RP if PPA proc RS again. FB if heat permits, otherwise weave in Rapid.

Basically TD off CD, IM dot always on, RS on all proc's, don't let heat go over 40 unless vent heat is available and a burn phase, Rapid when heat is near 40, RP/FB to proc PPA. I sometimes will even use Rapid over FB even if I have a bit of spare heat if a PPA proc just occured to wait for the 6sec int CD to expire and keep some heat room for next IM/TD.

PVE spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMbZ0cZfhrbzGhrs.1

Or along those lines. PVP is close just no vent heat/TSO CD's instead stealth detection, energy rebounder.

Edited by dardack

Pyro. It goes TD/IM/RS/RP if PPA proc RS again. FB if heat permits, otherwise weave in Rapid.

Basically TD off CD, IM dot always on, RS on all proc's, don't let heat go over 40 unless vent heat is available and a burn phase, Rapid when heat is near 40, RP/FB to proc PPA. I sometimes will even use Rapid over FB even if I have a bit of spare heat if a PPA proc just occured to wait for the 6sec int CD to expire and keep some heat room for next IM/TD.

PVE spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMbZ0cZfhrbzGhrs.1

Or along those lines. PVP is close just no vent heat/TSO CD's instead stealth detection, energy rebounder.

Thanks so much man for the input! if anyone has anything else to add I would appreciate it!

Btw how is AP doing in pve?

Thanks so much man for the input! if anyone has anything else to add I would appreciate it!

Btw how is AP doing in pve?

About 5-10% less then Pyro on dummines. In real world harder to tell.

In my guild (18th world wide HM EC 8 man) I'm top 2 dps as AP. Like would swap 1 or 2 with a mara on all boss fights.

Also done SM 16 man with another Pyro. The 3 of us would rotate on top damage over the 4 boss fights.

So since I'm not gimping my guild I stuck with AP for a long time. I can't wait till Dual Spec since I'm pyro right now for PVP but I do love AP.

So is the general consensus that a TD build is better than a non-TD build for PvE? I've been running both 8/5/28 and 7/6/28 with good results.

Also...Happy 21st Birthday! Enjoy your hangover. :D

The difference is hardly noticeable in PvE. It will never be the difference between wiping and killing the boss before enrage. However, in PvP and post 1.2, TD build is clearly superior.

The difference is hardly noticeable in PvE. It will never be the difference between wiping and killing the boss before enrage. However, in PvP and post 1.2, TD build is clearly superior.

What agooz said.