Im sorry but this "expansion" was terrible.

Slurmez

I think as in another thread mentioned about honesty they have to discuss with players that they know what is on offer isn't great and they are just heaping gear grind on top of gear grind with no where near the content to cover it.

There seems to be no depth or lore to any of the story, when I look back at original class and planet story there was so much more detail to it. But more that this the game took the time to explore the story, now it seems a super factory is added solely to have something to attack and destroy that didn't exist previously so its destruction doesn't really matter.

While the two new companions, never thought I would see them on my Sith Warrior and while a few nice comments made, its all very shallow in comparison to the original companion introductions, a shame those original companion were reintroduced in such a throw away style, though in keeping with how there involvement in the story is over.

While the new gear grind is just awful, talk of set bonuses is a non sensical cause I think aside from a few folk, its unlikely people will have the patience to grind out to get the new set bonuses. Which wouldn't be an issue except you stripped the old set bonus as soon as we hit 75 to really impress on players that its grinding or go away time.

So I can only hope that Keith can come in and admit despite the extra month of testing, this is currently in a bad state where they are really trying to see how far they can capitalise on the Star Wars name. I think I'm right in thinking the HK introduction shooting range and one chapter is selling for considerably more than the latest ESO DLC. The first perhaps an hour of playing as a droid, while the later is about 20 hours and an entire new zone. At some point if you want the brand to be valued you have to stop trying to capitalise on the Star Wars name.

I have to disagree with some posters.

It wasn´t the best expansion because it was too short. If they add more content soon (many cliffhangers) it will be good.

But other games have worse expansions, ESO for example. The story of Onslaught has enough variety to play it at least 2 more times (different char + pub). That is something ESO never accomplished.

And to everyone who says the game is too difficult. Well sorry that you actually have to learn your class and the mechanics now. I healed asation sm alone with crap gear. You can´t faceroll it anymore and that is good.

If you play the game you´ll have max gear in 1 or 2 weeks for one character.

What I didn´t like was that there was no romance (Arcann or any other attractive male) and the crafting is not that great. It takes AGES!

They need to return to actual gear drops in the flashpoints/uprisings and operations. This socialized gear box you get every level bump is not going to get people wanting to group and do challenging content. Keep the boxes it's all fine and well for basic gearing but allow people to acquire blues/purples in flashpoints and operations.

People trying to run guilds the way they did back in 2012-15 will thank you if you add worthwhile gear to mini boss and boss fights like you once did. Again, you can do this in addition to the current.

Edited by HuaRya

As good as some of the muppets and people that swallow everyting BW makes try to make this content update (this by any means no expansion it is Ossus-esque addition) it suffers from trully baffling and laughable decisions and executions.

First - the story is so weak in every aspect, so bland, so short, that I don't know who's genious idea was to call this "A total galactic all-out war"....really? All out war? Like the whole story is about raiding a factory.Like a side quest? LOL

Second - Horrible korean rng gear grind that will take another year to balance....how fun...its GC all over again.

Third - crafting destroyed. I refuse to craft anymore due to ridiculous numbers of mats and credits.

Companions?? Like no role in the game whatsoever anymore...not even a letter? Its pathetic.

Making the game harder for new characters and low levels....what genious decided this? If its too ez, you have the option of playing without a companion.

Adding more story soon? Thats a laugh, considering how much story we got for the last three years...

Edited by ExarSun

As good as some of the muppets and people that swallow everyting BW makes try to make this content update (this by any means no expansion it is Ossus-esque addition) it suffers from trully baffling and laughable decisions and executions.

First - the story is so weak in every aspect, so bland, so short, that I don't know who's genious idea was to call this "A total galactic all-out war"....really? All out war? Like the whole story is about raiding a factory.Like a side quest? LOL

Second - Horrible korean rng gear grind that will take another year to balance....how fun...its GC all over again.

Third - crafting destroyed. I refuse to craft anymore due to ridiculous numbers of mats and credits.

Companions?? Like no role in the game whatsoever anymore...not even a letter? Its pathetic.

Making the game harder for new characters and low levels....what genious decided this? If its too ez, you have the option of playing without a companion.

Adding more story soon? Thats a laugh, considering how much story we got for the last three years...

"As good as some of the muppets and people that swallow everyting BW makes"

As opposed to players like you who have a four year history of whining, ************ and complaining about everything BW does, yet still sub just to carry on doing so? At least those Muppets you so enjoy calling are enjoying themselves which if far better that what you are doing.

They need to return to actual gear drops in the flashpoints/uprisings and operations. This socialized gear box you get every level bump is not going to get people wanting to group and do challenging content. Keep the boxes it's all fine and well for basic gearing but allow people to acquire blues/purples in flashpoints and operations.

People trying to run guilds the way they did back in 2012-15 will thank you if you add worthwhile gear to mini boss and boss fights like you once did. Again, you can do this in addition to the current.

What I find weird is that they didn't increase the rewards for flashpoints that are "harder."

Many players are literally only running Hammer over and over for gear. Korriban, Blood Hunt, Manaan, Tython, etc. that now take massively more time don't give you rewards that are worth it at all to slog through them. I would've thought that they'd have provided better gear, an increased drop chance for purple/gold or something like that. As it is, why punish yourself when you can zip through Hammer MM?

What I find weird is that they didn't increase the rewards for flashpoints that are "harder."

Many players are literally only running Hammer over and over for gear. Korriban, Blood Hunt, Manaan, Tython, etc. that now take massively more time don't give you rewards that are worth it at all to slog through them. I would've thought that they'd have provided better gear, an increased drop chance for purple/gold or something like that. As it is, why punish yourself when you can zip through Hammer MM?

A good example is Battle of Ilum. There were 2 "mini-bosses" that didn't drop gear.

Make the longer flashpoints drop more gear. And I would make it so that the "bonus bosses" that you get after completing stages of a flashpoint drop guaranteed tacticals - which would make more people want to do the bonus.

A good example is Battle of Ilum. There were 2 "mini-bosses" that didn't drop gear.

Make the longer flashpoints drop more gear. And I would make it so that the "bonus bosses" that you get after completing stages of a flashpoint drop guaranteed tacticals - which would make more people want to do the bonus.

You know... once in a while you actually make sense !!

Not bad ! Not bad at all !

"As good as some of the muppets and people that swallow everyting BW makes"

As opposed to players like you who have a four year history of whining, ************ and complaining about everything BW does, yet still sub just to carry on doing so? At least those Muppets you so enjoy calling are enjoying themselves which if far better that what you are doing.

I ran the new content up to Scourge "cliffhanger". I enjoyed it. I played for 'fun' not to nitpick along the way. Could it be better have more x,y,z and less a,b,c ? Probably but...

meh my car is automatic, should have been manual, my windows could be more tinted. There's no dash light when my fog lamps are on etc.

Signed

Statler (or is it Waldorf?)

Here are some of my points about this so called ''expansion'':

Story was good, but way too short for an expansion, this felt more like a story patch than anything. Say what you will about KOTFE and KOTET, but at least it had a lot of story content to go through, and it was enjoyable for the most part.

IMO, last few story patches prior to this should have been a part of this expansion, mainly Ossus and Dantoine at the very least.Chopping up the expansion is so many smaller patches is not a good way to start the expansion, you should put in plenty of story, new planets and such to make people occupied for more than a day and then down the line do some patches to continue the story.

One Flashpoint, and a rather short one at that, is really not good enough to satisfy those that don't have time for OPS.

As for OPS, again, only one, and not even connected to Malgus and this new war in any way, just another CZERKA OP that serves as a sideline story at best.

I have noticed some bugs in Onderon dailies that prevent you from completing them so thats a major one, luckly personally haven't seen any more bugs than that so thats something.

New gearing is a mess, before was way better. That said, i support the idea of only mainly greens dropping from planetary dailies, however flashpoints should drop blue's (i have been only getting greens) while OPS should drop the best gear, so purples and golds. But i can't be too sure on this as it may be tied to your item level what quality of gear you get.

New vendors that give ''renown'' set peaces don't seem to have any differences between classes, from what i have seen every class vendor has same exact items with same bonuses and same appearances of armor (as a sage i was able to get trooper armor for instance if i wanted). Might as well just have one vendor at this point. Also none of these sets have any mods in them so you are forced to grind mods by pulling them from other less relevant gear just so you can use these set bonuses. Not really worth it unless you have high end gear from OPS. Also one peace of these costs 3k tech fragments and 1 mil credits, like ***? That is some huge money sink.

Amplifiers, another money sink and honestly not really worth investing into unless you really have maxed out gear and got nothing better to spend your hard earned credits on.

As for tactical items, some of them can be rather useful so props for those, no complains there.

Interface changes are great for the most part and a welcome change, having legacy wide material storage also an amazing new feature that will help clear many people's storage spaces for other things. That said, now unique items you can get no longer have orange color but are blue or purple (for instance Dreadseed armor set) which can be confusing and i already ended up selling some unique items by mistake thinking that they are trash gear i had leftover from previous expansions. There needs to be a better way to distinguish unique items, having the tooltip say ''bound to legacy'' is not enough as i personally somethimes totally miss that.

Preffered players still able to earn at least some renown is also a welcome change from previous galactic command system where you couldn't earn any unless you were a subscriber, even though 25% is maybe a tad bit too low? IDK I feel like 50% would resonate better with people.

There's probably more things that im not thinking about now but these are some major ones

Edited by LoGy

I actually really liked the story content and the streamline to leveling. I do think it was short, but it's set up in a way that I expect content patches through out. Now if it takes 6months at a time to get a content story patch I'll be really disappointed. I like that it seems like it has way more replayability than kotfeet. The missions feel better, dark and light seem to make bigger differences, my characters, especially the sorc so far, bringing up stuff from vanilla story. I appreciate all of that.

I do think they should have put some side quests around while leveling, but maybe they didn't because so many people ignore them? I do also wish the planets were a little bigger and we got at least one more fp.

Things I don't really like, the bolstering, and crafting still seems too expensive, and heroic drops don't seem to be scaling to ilvl very well or discipline.

As opposed to players like you who have a four year history of whining, betching and complaining about everything BW does, yet still sub just to carry on doing so?

For the past three years, the <insert overly exaggerated characterization here> of players towards EA and Bioware is entirely justified. Monetizing the endgame by forcing players to grind content over the years has only forced players out of their games.

I'm ok with the stories.

I'm not ok with spending more time grinding content for gear than actually using the gear in game.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Ok this is a Question for those who have been around for ages: But...did they ever explain why they removed all those armors from heroic and shoved them in an RNG boxes ?

What was wrong with that ??

Now the game feel unrewarding . We get trash from trash mobs. And everything is in a stupid box .

(I only play story and make tons of alts, so I get my armor from the GTN, and those ALLIANCES USELESS BOXES..since they keep giving me the same crap over and over and over ) .

Ok this is a Question for those who have been around for ages: But...did they ever explain why they removed all those armors from heroic and shoved them in an RNG boxes ?

What was wrong with that ??

Now the game feel unrewarding . We get trash from trash mobs. And everything is in a stupid box .

(I only play story and make tons of alts, so I get my armor from the GTN, and those ALLIANCES USELESS BOXES..since they keep giving me the same crap over and over and over ) .

It was basically done when they revamped heroics so that they were relevant for all levels. Rather than having the reward be a static piece, you'd get a gearbox tuned to your level, since that gives you a reason to do a level 16 heroic when you're level 45.

you'd get a gearbox tuned to your level, since that gives you a reason to do a level 16 heroic when you're level 45.

But the problem, is the boxe dont give ARMORS. They give 2-4 armors, and they are all the same. As in, I keep opening the alien artifact one, and I keep getting the same stuff . same gloves, same belt, same armor, same boots.

Is it bugged or what ?

That made me turn to the GTN to get something that look decent .

I liked the story, especially the saboteur one. Even on my loyal republic/jedi sage there were some cute funny scenes even with Lana (and I have never been a fan of Lana).

As far as the armor, please they never (in my book) had any cute armors anyways and that is why I love the outfit designer.

The only problem I have is the crafting mess, especially the cost of leveling up your crafting but saying the story is terrible sorry nope, it was good.