What does elite war hero gear give you

wildwolfs

Nice try.

Troll much? (My main is my Sage, been a sage player since I started. I rolled the sent and enjoyed the easymode PvP on him, still do. Everytime I need a break from the stress of sagehood I do a few on my sent.)

*edit*

Lol eeep I forgot to check your Sig...

Shadow Fotm

Slinger Fotm

Jugger Fotm

I give you 4/10 on your troll. have a nice day.

Edited by DaedalusV

Would be nice if we could get new set bonues every new tier. Having the same bonues on every set is boring, and would be a simple way to make the next tier more appealing if they stats difference continues to be as small as wh to ewh. Not to mention the possibility of mixing set bonues of older sets with newer, you might take a small hit on stats but expertise is the same.

[DaedalusV;5565370]How's that a bully tactic? If someone like the OP starts a QQ thread about something like this, then in all fairness, growing up is something the OP needs to do..

Very good question, and I will try to explain.

Adults, usually try to say and do things that are helpful, even when the other person is venting frustration about a particular subject. Telling someone to grow up is not helpful, but an attempt to shame the person. Do you agree with this?

There's nothing wrong with pointing out inconsistencies in someone's perspective, and offering a different point of view. But degrading to name calling is, well, rather immature. What are your thoughts?

"In all fairness", what does that even mean? Because someone posts on the forums, that gives ever person the "right" to attack them without mercy, because that's fair? Does that also sound like the mature thing to do?

Simple things to keep in mind.

People do not have to be mean to get their point across.

People do not have to respond to a thread they disagree with.

Not all threads are fact.

Exaggeration for affect weakens trust.

Edited by Toasted_Coconuts

Adults, usually try to say and do things that are helpful, even when the other person is venting frustration about a particular subject. Telling someone to grow up is not helpful, but an attempt to shame the person. Do you agree with this?

I agree to a certain point. Sometimes the appropriate helpful remark is; Grow up. Temper tantrums can be stopped by using a plethora of behavioral modificative methods.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out inconsistencies in someone's perspective, and offering a different point of view. But degrading to name calling is, well, rather immature. What are your thoughts?

No names were called afaik

"In all fairness", what does that even mean? Because someone posts on the forums, that gives ever person the "right" to attack them without mercy, because that's fair? Does that also sound like the mature thing to do?

Huge difference between someone telling you to grow up and attacking you without mercy, I truly hope you know that.

A merciless attack, telling someone to grow up?

I'd say no.

*edit*

In all fairness.

e.g. Returning in kind, reaping what you sow.

If OP had written a thoughtout post about why he finds it wrong that you can get WH easily now, and that he wished he could get a higher gear gap between WH and EWH, then we could have had a decent discussion about the pros and cons of the choices BW made.

He didn't, he just crapped some QQ out on the forum instead of taking his time to write a decent post.

Edited by DaedalusV

Protip: This game is owned/produced by a giant corporation that can give 2 shlts about the playerbase.

The gear grind is just a sad excuse for content and a way to keep people working towards something and paying the sub/buying coins.

EA thanks you for your purchase.

I'm not usually a grammar nazi ... but the past tense of Grind is Ground .... not 'Grinded'.

I say this because, OP, you're not helping your case by coming across as ignorant.

Also, one poster said 'Gived'. The past tense of Give is 'Gave'. I really shouldn't have to tell you that.

Back on topic, though, and my own tuppence worth is that I'm mad as hell that the WH mountain I spent months climbing was reduced to rubble overnight.

That said - the gear disparity was the worst thing about WZ. Now we're all super, and no-one is.

Newsflash: not everyone is a native English speaker. I'm sure you make mistakes in whatever foreign language you speak if you do speak any. Just saying.

I agree to a certain point. Sometimes the appropriate helpful remark is; Grow upPlease tell me how it is helpful, because it seems like a shaming remark is never received in a positive way. I am pretty sure behavioral modification with negative influencers hardly ever work. .

Temper tantrums can be stopped by using a plethora of behavioral modificative methods.

So now it's your job to judge and moderate someone behavior?

No names were called afaik

Huge difference between someone telling you to grow up and attacking you without mercy, I truly hope you know that.

You missed the point by a parsec. The operative word being "fair", not a contrast and comparison between attack and mercy. I truly hope you know that :rolleyes:

A merciless attack, telling someone to grow up?

I'd say no.

Your statement is a logical fallacy A+C=B does not apply

*edit*

In all fairness.

e.g. Returning in kind, reaping what you sow.

If OP had written a thoughtout post about why he finds it wrong that you can get WH easily now, and that he wished he could get a higher gear gap between WH and EWH, then we could have had a decent discussion about the pros and cons of the choices BW made.

He didn't, he just crapped some QQ out on the forum instead of taking his time to write a decent post.

Who cares, the OP was venting, get off your soap box. There was no reason what so ever to tell the OP to grow up. Well nothing positive or helpful at least. All a comment like "grow up" does, is gives a pseudo sense of power to the antagonist.

It is a bully tactic to silence the discontent. It is a tactic used through many generations. I think the motto goes, shame them into silence. AKA: "If your not with us, you're against us" LOL

I would like to know, why not let someone vent and go on their marry way? Is there some sort of enforcers mentality inbred into the aggressor? Are you going to give me that argument that its the communities job to "correct" someone's behavior. Isn't there more important things in life to try and control then a forum posters behavior? Obviously, BW don't care, they would have deleted the post, and it is BW's job to moderate, not you.

Please tell me how it is helpful, because it seems like a shaming remark is never received in a positive way. I am pretty sure behavioral modification with negative influencers hardly ever work. .

IThey work, and they work well. They just teach several other things to the subject as well, modern teaching methods have moved past that.

In RL yes, Here nope. Never asked for any salary posting in this thread.

You missed the point by a parsec. The operative word being "fair", not a contrast and comparison between attack and mercy. I truly hope you know that

The OP posts a QQ thread. Gets told to grow up, I can see no fault in that

My statement: Telling someone to grow up is not a merciless attack. (where's the fallacy?)

Who cares, the OP was venting, get off your soap box. There was no reason what so ever to tell the OP to grow up. Well nothing positive or helpful at least. All a comment like "grow up" does, is gives a pseudo sense of power to the antagonist.

pot, kettle, colour: black

It is a bully tactic to silence the discontent. It is a tactic used through many generations. I think the motto goes, shame them into silence. AKA: "If your not with us, you're against us" LOL

With the chance of repeating myself. My involvement in this thread would have been different if OP had started a meaningful thread. His point of view and wording is immature, being told to grow up can be constructive if the recipient takes it to heart

I would like to know, why not let someone vent and go on their marry way? Is there some sort of enforcers mentality inbred into the aggressor? Are you going to give me that argument that its the communities job to "correct" someone's behavior. Isn't there more important things in life to try and control then a forum posters behavior? Obviously, BW don't care, they would have deleted the post, and it is BW's job to moderate, not you.

replied.

Sod all, i logged in looked at what was on offer and its realy not worth the grind for what ? nothing. Enjoy your lol smashers in war hero gear because thats all you will see in WZ now.

If you already did your WH grind, and you don't currently run Rateds, then you should be glad. You don't need to grind EWH at all. Cookies for you.

Now you have the opportunity to gear up your Sniper/Slinger to put proper beat downs on lolsmashers and lay waste to all the FotMers. Sounds like a recipe for fun to me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Toasted_Coconuts View Post

IThey work, and they work well. They just teach several other things to the subject as well, modern teaching methods have moved past that.

LOL, sigh, I think I heard the Ayatollah say the same thing. Maybe that is how you like to get treated, with abuse, that is fine. Abuse perpetrates abuse. It's obvious you are deep with confirmation bias and have a perverted perspective on appropriate behavior as an adult. It appears that you cannot grasp the idea of blatant snide or backhanded remarks as non=productive or not helpful. Or you are callous and uncaring. In either case, cheerio, good day, hold true to your assumptions and spread your message to the serifs.

You missed the point by a parsec. The operative word being "fair", not a contrast and comparison between attack and mercy. I truly hope you know that

My statement: Telling someone to grow up is not a merciless attack. (where's the fallacy?)

Your response was to a general statement that I made and did not logically fit below it. Really, I am done spoon feeding you.

I am please that you put us both in the same arena or morality, it takes courage to admit ones faults. As for me? Of course I am fighting fire with fire, I thought that was obvious for the start. :p

With the chance of repeating myself. My involvement in this thread would have been different if OP had started a meaningful thread. His point of view and wording is immature, being told to grow up can be constructive if the recipient takes it to heart. How does the saying go? oh yea. "With the chance of repeating myself", shame tactics are not fruitful, they are manipulative and ingenious.

Turn from the dark side my friend, it is not to late for you, I can feel the good in your heart. ;)

"Grow up"

So that's your "mature" response to what you perceive as an immature gripe? Well done.

The simple fact is that people who spent the time grinding WH gear were ROBBED. Their time and effort in getting that gear was suddenly made meaningless. And, from what some of the old-timers on this thread have indicated, it's not the first time this arbitrary value wipe has ocurred.

I'm curious ... does this ever happen with PVE gear? Will the value of Black Hole gear be reduced by more than two thirds on some future update?

It already has. You can get 67 BH comms per week by doing the GF dailies that's enough for a piece a week, with out ever setting foot in a HM Op. So you can be just as geared (including the set bonus now that campaign armorings are available) as someone who has Denova HM on farm without even knowing where to enter EC.

Your WH gear is not worth any less than it was before. The stats are still there. The cost of something went down over time? What a shocker. Seriously, who could have seen that coming? If they didn't reduce the cost of WH with the new tier the cost of EWH would be astronomical. It's just going to be easier for people to gear up now. Should make for closer matches all around. This is a step in the right direction.

You can't just keep adding tiers without making the lower ones more easily available. It would set the barrier for new players way to high.

EDIT: Forgot about the BH and Sec.X weeklies for BH comms

Edited by Capt_Beers

Quote: Originally Posted by Toasted_Coconuts View Post

LOL, sigh, I think I heard the Ayatollah say the same thing. Maybe that is how you like to get treated, with abuse, that is fine. Abuse perpetrates abuse. It's obvious you are deep with confirmation bias and have a perverted perspective on appropriate behavior as an adult. It appears that you cannot grasp the idea of blatant snide or backhanded remarks as non=productive or not helpful. Or you are callous and uncaring. In either case, cheerio, good day, hold true to your assumptions and spread your message to the serifs.

Your response was to a general statement that I made and did not logically fit below it. Really, I am done spoon feeding you.

I am please that you put us both in the same arena or morality, it takes courage to admit ones faults. As for me? Of course I am fighting fire with fire, I thought that was obvious for the start. :p

With the chance of repeating myself. My involvement in this thread would have been different if OP had started a meaningful thread. His point of view and wording is immature, being told to grow up can be constructive if the recipient takes it to heart. How does the saying go? oh yea. "With the chance of repeating myself", shame tactics are not fruitful, they are manipulative and ingenious.

Turn from the dark side my friend, it is not to late for you, I can feel the good in your heart. ;)

I'm speechless to be honest. If all you get from my posts is oppression, hate and prejudice, then I think we're better off just dropping things entirely.

You sir, truly is the paragon of the oppressed! Self-proclaimed protector of human rights! Let it be known to all men! It is said by HIM, That telling someone to grow up is paramount to genocide!

I'm speechless to be honest. If all you get from my posts is oppression, hate and prejudice, then I think we're better off just dropping things entirely.

You sir, truly is the paragon of the oppressed! Self-proclaimed protector of human rights! Let it be known to all men! It is said by HIM, That telling someone to grow up is paramount to genocide!

Self proclaimed, in a sense, maybe. I am proud to defend human rights. I have no problem calling a bully out on his actions.

I do not view genocide and bullying that same way.

But if you must make me repeat myself, sigh, I will. Exaggeration for affect... ah, you get the point; I hope.

Now for some patronizing music as I drift off to sleep,

"A man can tell a thousand lies

I've learned my lesson well

Hope I live to tell

The secret I have learned..."