So, about "His" mask... (MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!)

Terin

I'm sure most of you already know what I'm talking about, but I'm going to try to keep this as spoiler-free as I possibly can. That said, the discussion may lead into spoiler territory, so just please keep that in mind before you continue to read. The game's lore is absolutely fascinating, and I would hate to be the reason your experience was spoiled.

Early on as a Sith Inquisitor (and perhaps other Classes?), you discover Revan's Mask. I won't go into great detail, but it's obviously still in good enough shape to be worn. It obviously changed hands at some point, but by the end of the Empire storyline, it appears to just be laying around.

Now, before I continue, just know that if you (BioWare) have any plans on touching on it in the Story in the foreseeable future, feel free to disregard anything I say! However, since there's no indication otherwise, why not allow Players to acquire Revan's Mask?

Obviously, it would make the most sense to implement at Level 50 or Level 32. I would, personally, put it at Level 50, not only to reference how powerful Revan obviously was, but so that Republic would also have an opportunity to don it.

Which brings us to arguably the most pivotal question; would it be Light, Medium, or Heavy Armor? Well, all things considered, I think it would be safe to say it would be Heavy, simply because Revan was know to wear quite a lot of armor in addition to his robes.

However, for such an iconic item, why not share the love? For Light-users, have "Revan's Hood" (even though it's not technically a hood), "Revan's Mask" for Medium-wearing Sith and Jedi, and "Revan's Helmet" for the Heavy Jedi and Sith. And yes, I would make these exclusive to Jedi and Sith classes; it's Revan, man!!!

Oh, and as a final note; perhaps you could tweak the Mask so that it fits underneath your Hood, instead of functioning like a normal Helmet? After all, Revan always wore it with the Hood-up, so... yeah.

I don't mean to just argue for the sake of arguing, but one of the reason's Revan's mask is so legendary, aside from it being worn by Revan, is that it is unique.

A one-of-a-kind mask that only Revan owned. Who knows maybe he made it himself or it was a custom job. Either way, there's just the one that was owned by Revan himself.

I'd really hate to see a bunch of lvl 50 players running around in his mask. Maybe if bioware wants to put it in there for ONLY ONE (of the millions of) player to be able to get, that'd be okay, but it's bad enough that I have to see everyone else running around with my T7. Don't ruin Revan's mask the same way.

-

Raycen

I don't mean to just argue for the sake of arguing, but one of the reason's Revan's mask is so legendary, aside from it being worn by Revan, is that it is unique.

A one-of-a-kind mask that only Revan owned. Who knows maybe he made it himself or it was a custom job. Either way, there's just the one that was owned by Revan himself.

I'd really hate to see a bunch of lvl 50 players running around in his mask. Maybe if bioware wants to put it in there for ONLY ONE (of the millions of) player to be able to get, that'd be okay, but it's bad enough that I have to see everyone else running around with my T7. Don't ruin Revan's mask the same way.

-

Raycen

Actually, Revan's Mask belonged to Mandalore (the Ultimate, I believe), and he kept it as kind of a trophy.

Like I said, I won't delve too much into the story... but last time I recall seeing it, it was laying on the ground. I feel you in that I don't want to see millions of players running around with it, either, but personally, I would rather that than it be left purely as some forgotten relic.

As well, it's worth mentioning that at least for Jedi Guardians, the Head-armor I've seen leaves much to be desired. In fact, I've yet to see a Helm that *isn't* a headband. Revan's Mask, or even that *style* of Helmet, would be fantastic.

Actually, Revan's Mask belonged to Mandalore (the Ultimate, I believe), and he kept it as kind of a trophy.

Yes and No, the iconic mask you see him wearing is HIS mask, he hid Mandalore's Mask before going off into the unknown regions and returning to try and destroy the republic in the years before the exile's return he helps Candrous reclaim the mask making him the new Mandalore. Read the novel Reven if you want specifics which explains the significance of Reven's mask as well as the rediscovery of Mandalore's.

If we go by the Knights of the Old Republic comics by John Jackson Miller ( featuring the incomparable Zayne Carrick ), Revan got his mask off the dead body of a random Mandalorian, after coming too late to prevent the massacre of Cathar. That random Mandalorian apparently was someone who had been executed by the other Mandalorians because he refused to participate in the massacre and Revan took up the mask in his honor.

If we go by the Knights of the Old Republic comics by John Jackson Miller ( featuring the incomparable Zayne Carrick ), Revan got his mask off the dead body of a random Mandalorian, after coming too late to prevent the massacre of Cathar. That random Mandalorian apparently was someone who had been executed by the other Mandalorians because he refused to participate in the massacre and Revan took up the mask in his honor.

Her honor, but yes, other than that, that is the accepted cannon as far as I know.

See, look how much we're learning? :D

Anywho, like I said, I would be absolutely ecstatic if they wanted to do more with Revan's Mask for in-game story. But since it's kind of left as a bit of a dead note, I'd say there's no harm in allowing it.

After all, many other items belong to the iconic KotOR cast are in the game (although admittedly, I've not seen them drop yet), and nothing would be cooler than Revan's Mask. Plus, Guardians and Juggernauts kind of get screwed as there aren't currently any Lore-based items tailored to them anyways that I know of.

Again, if they intend to do anything with it, just disregard anything I say. But if not, I'd rather see it in the game than not.

According to the latest old republic novel Revan. The great hero might not be dead. and the jedi knight follower lord scourge is a complete douche bag. but anyways, it may be unwearable because of that reason or it could also be because he is supposed to be a challenge for the all powerful emperor himself so if they make it a level 50 mask and then two or three expansions from now when 50 isn't close to the cap anymore then it's not that amazing anymore. I think if they were going to make it a wearable piece that it should be a extremely rare legendary item that is bind to account and it increases with the level of the toon that way it always stays up to par with new items and it stays rare enough that people still want what is almost impossible to have.

I dunno why but from Beta to release they changed Revan's design to have his hood down making hin and the helment mask look silly.

Second the mask you steal is not Revan's real mask, because he places puts it on before you fight him in the foundryonce again having no hood up a stupid decision by bioware. Unless he was just like oh whatever I'll make another one.

• 5 weeks later...
It really makes no since....

In your higher lvls, yuo do a flashpoint in the imperial side where you kill revan....and he puts on his mask before the fight.....yet on droomund kaas you acquire his mask...kinda confusing.

Yeah and...

He is a lvl37 boss...Suck on that Revan fans!

Edited by B-E-T-A

• 5 months later...
See, look how much we're learning? :D

Anywho, like I said, I would be absolutely ecstatic if they wanted to do more with Revan's Mask for in-game story. But since it's kind of left as a bit of a dead note, I'd say there's no harm in allowing it.

After all, many other items belong to the iconic KotOR cast are in the game (although admittedly, I've not seen them drop yet), and nothing would be cooler than Revan's Mask. Plus, Guardians and Juggernauts kind of get screwed as there aren't currently any Lore-based items tailored to them anyways that I know of.

Again, if they intend to do anything with it, just disregard anything I say. But if not, I'd rather see it in the game than not.

I would like to see Revan play a larger role with more stature than it has been given thus far.....At the same time, I don't want the game to be all about the continuing story of that character. It will take a fine balance.

It's the same deal with Malgus's Facemask. You all thought it was ****** in the trailers, right? It looked pretty cool. He was a beast.

Now, In-game, every Sith Warrior is wearing it, every single one. Now when I see Malgus, I'm not as impressed by his appearance since I see it every time I visit the fleet.

So no, Keep Revan's mask only for Revan. (Wouldn't make sense is there were thousands of them running around the Galaxy...) No point in devaluing Revan's appearance.

All of you will soon be able to purchase Revan's unique and legendary mask for 300 bucks in the new cash shop.

Rofl... they would not dare. They went for it with Nihilus's and not Revan's mask for a reason. Nihilus is a character from the game that they did not create thus they do not really care about retconning it. Revan is of a different matter... I hope - he plays a very important role in SW:TOR's storyline.

I would be fine if they introduced some very hard/time consuming quest chain (similar to the HK-51 one) that rewards you with mask of Revan/Nihilus/other villain/hero. The said quest should make some sense when it comes to lore of course. But selling mask of such an importance in in-game item shop seems... greedy and not really fair towards loyal subscribers to say the least.

Edited by Deviss

also: if that's his mask, why is he wearing it when you fight him? I'm pretty sure it wasn't mailed back to him.

Just speculations, noone can be sure. Its either fake or Revanites somehow managed to give the mask to Revan. As for the second option - if it were true, it must have happened somewhere between the Maelstorm Nebula prison and the Foundry flashpoints but it's unlikely that Revan traveled to Dromund Kaas just to meet this cult and reclaim his mask. BUT he somehow knew about the Revanites when you talk to him in the Foundry... strange. After you tell him that there was a cult founded in his honor, he answers: "So I heard, not what I would have wanted, given the things I did". Still, revanites probably did not knew anything about Revan's true location, as far as they are concerned, he killed the Emperor and claimed his place. :p Nutjobs... or are they really?

Also, at the end of quest line (after completing it) you receive a mail from some Revanite who's name I can't recall now. It ends with the following words: "Mask of Revan shall serve a higher purpose now."... or something along that lines.

Make of it what you will, it is open for interpretation because of lack of official confirmation. The closest thing to such can be found in an interview (3rd question): http://lorefreak.blogspot.com/2012/03/exclusive-interview-with-drew-karpyshyn.html.

• 1 month later...
It really makes no since....

In your higher lvls, yuo do a flashpoint in the imperial side where you kill revan....and he puts on his mask before the fight.....yet on droomund kaas you acquire his mask...kinda confusing.

you get a mail telling you that the mask will not stay with the revanites as it has a future, how revan got it back is unkown but im guessing thats what they do to explain it.

I'm going to clear up some misconceptions that seem to be widespread (not limited to this thread):

1. ALL Imperial Classes give the mask to the Revanites.

2. His mask is NOT the same mask as Tulak Hord's.

3. Revan either received his mask from the Revanites or more likely used the Foundry to make a new one.

Now we know that Nihilius's mask will be for purchase in the CC Shop.

I would like them to add in Tulak Hord's mask in a questline.

Remember how fun it was figuring out how to get the Magenta crystals? And how the dev's actually got involved and gave us clues? Or how fun it was finding eggs and figuring out how to hatch them? Or catching the Tauntaun on Hoth?

I really like that sort of in-game mystery, it's much more entertaining that the GAR event was.

Heck the only part of the GAR event that stood out was A) that it scaled so you could do it on lowbies, and B) the quest which had a secret speeder pad (agh I'm falling aaah! :eek:)Whoa. I'm not falling).