PvP/PvE Healing

Littio

Hello everyone, I rolled a Jedi sage mainly to be a PvP/PvE healer. Did I go wrong with choosing this class for that reason? I dont see many Sages as healers out in the WZ and I have heard that scoundrels are more useful in it. Maybe Im just playing the spec wrong, not as in chose the wrong spec, but not using my abilities to the fullest. Any advice would be great on this subject. Its really the first healer class Ive invested time into in an MMO

My republic main is a sage healer. I do well in PVE and PVP. PVP can be hard i suppose because of the cast time heals being interrupted. But once you get comfortable with all your abilities there are work around's. I also find in pvp i do almost equal damage to healing, i find this style of play to be most beneficial to the team. Just keep your bubble and hots on ppl, sprint out of trouble often and cc and knockback when needed. I always pvp with my tank friend. We work very well together and are very hard to kill. PVE is easy mode once you master pvp healing :)

PS: for pvp having a biochem Reusable medpack combined with your instant cast self heal helps you focus on healing others more as you can heal yourself easy. it also helps you sac hp for force then heal back up quick. plus the rakata stim is nice!

Edited by Verko

I don't know, so far I have a 50 Commando healer and I am in the process of slowly leveling a Sage healer. I went with Sage this time because I can swap to DPS at 50 but leveling up as a healer is really nice as the Sage.

I really only do her Daily PvP quest at this point, but I will probably try to keep her Valour maxed, pain in the ***, but getting to Valour 40 is necessary so you don't continually waste your comms.

You have to move, a lot!. Watch the Sorc video stickied, maybe in the Shadow forum. The way that guy plays, you have to as well. Move a lot, sprint around pillars, back of the ledge on the Alderaan turret platforms, break LoS, you'd be surprised how many people just stop coming after you, but you can also stun them, and then lift them after they waste their get out of jail free card on the 4 second mez.

You will get an instant heal pretty early in the healing tree, but it is pretty meh unless you have stacked a lot of Willpower, and even then it's got nothing on you channeled heals.

Your biggest heal is the one you don't have to do, use bubble. There is that Preservation skill in the heal tree, you'd be surprised how quickly you can throw bubbles up on your team. In under 50 most of the players are deeply, well, poor at PvP. You will often not even be targetted. If the other team is bad I like to test this by standing right in the middle of everyone and healing. Last night we kept the imps from getting through the first door, I stood right in the middle of the door they piled on, got 220k and only had to go around a pillar once. Ya, that was a really bad imp team and it's not a habit you want to get into, but my point is, it's often easy, and sometimes really hard.

Most likely someone will guard you if your team is not equally stupid, that's a huge boon. Heal, interrupt, and bubble, bubble, bubble, knockback, and sprint. I really love Egress in the heal tree but I see it missing from a lot of builds. An important thing, if the person who guarded you is not around, rick click on the buff to get rid of it, it means nobody close to you can guard you no matter how far away the previous guard is.

To tanks, when you move away, release your guard.

Bottom line, my Sage doesn't feel anymore squishy than my Commando did. I think maybe it's a sign of the times. Even if I was set up as DPS they should still take me first, but the big difference is, it is VERY obvious when a Commando is healing, and not nearly as obvious when a Sage is doing so. I mean, there is no great big green line to your target, and you are not just standing with your hand to your ear not doing anything else. I actually feel less squishy at this point on my Sage than I did with my Commando, of course, I did not have all purple gear and stuff when I went through with my Commando, maybe that's the difference.

My experience of being a sage healer is, it sucks in Pugs were no one helps or communicates but if you have a few friends, and use a voicechat program, it rocks.

Sage healing has big holes in it, holes that can be plugged with a tank/dps friend. You keep them alive, they kill anyone who even looks at you funny.

Still, once you get a reputation as a good healer, expect to get focussed...a lot. I plan for this and make them work hard to take me out, which means in effect I'm still helping my team in a way.

get used to dying, not getting thanks or many medals and have melee smash the force out of you. :D

Heh ya, reputation with regular PvPers is a huge deal. It's one of the huge reasons I role through the WZs on different characters. They won't remember you if they don't see your name too often. Now, that's a great thing under 50, at 50 you have to be known or nobody will every take you seriously on your own side, unless you are in a good guild.

Heh ya, reputation with regular PvPers is a huge deal. It's one of the huge reasons I role through the WZs on different characters. They won't remember you if they don't see your name too often. Now, that's a great thing under 50, at 50 you have to be known or nobody will every take you seriously on your own side, unless you are in a good guild.

I always wished Bioware changed the symbols system we can use to mark targets so that in PvP, if you get marked by the enemy team, you can see the mark. :)