Please no more 2xp (double experience)

Samaul

Wow.. It wasn't until this game that I have ever seen someone complain about extra XP.. There must be something in the water.. :eek:

I do not like being forced to gain double experience. It ruins my gameplay experience.

I personally loved 2x xp if only for the legacy boost, and while I personally derive some catharsis by outlevelling content, then crushing the enemy, I can see why that might be boring. But yeah an option to turn it off would be nice for some. More options are always welcome IMO.

An aside, I suspect the way your title is worded will attract people who don't even bother to read the original post.

Wow.. It wasn't until this game that I have ever seen someone complain about extra XP.. There must be something in the water.. :eek:

We must know some very different people. Mostly peope on harder/longer to level mmo's who imo whinge about how their accomplishments are being devalued and blah blah blah.

I've said it before, I'll say it again... mail everyone double XP boosts instead. They can use them at whatever times are easiest for them, or not at all. Win for everybody.

This week sucked for me, I hardly got to use double XP at all :( And I know some people work weekends and always miss out. Plus people like OP don't want it.

Boosts FTW.

I've said it before, I'll say it again... mail everyone double XP boosts instead. They can use them at whatever times are easiest for them, or not at all. Win for everybody.

I'd be down for this if they expired or got deleted after the double exp weekend was over. You shouldn't be allowed to save them IMO.

My characters are out-leveling the content, out-leveling their gear and out-leveling their crew skills. Please allow us a way to turn off double experience.

I love double xp weekends. If you don't want to experience it, don't play those characters.

I'd be down for this if they expired or got deleted after the double exp weekend was over. You shouldn't be allowed to save them IMO.

kinda defeats the point of having flexibility of boosts.

part of the problem with double xp weekends is that not only people who don't want them - are stuck participating anyways, but people who do want them, might not be able to take advantage due to scheduling conflicts.

I don't see what's so wrong with having an opportunity to save them up until you are ready to use them.

as for complaints - right now Neverwinter is also running double xp weekend promotion, and I saw people complaining there as well (though to be fair, impact is worse in that game, since some of the content quite literally becomes unavailable when you outlevel it - skirmishes. there is no way to do them other then at appropriate level)

last but not least.

people who love double xp and tell those that don't - that they shouldn't play then? get off your selfish high horse, ok? I love double xp too. I think its great. but it does suck that people who don't, cannot enjoy their weekends on their own terms.

which is why consumable individual boosts would solve all these problems.

I'm all for people having the option to level twice as fast, I couldn't care less about what others do with their time and characters, but it should be that: an OPTION. Not something forced on all of us whether we like it or not. Not everyone is seeking the same thing when playing this game. So yeah, while the thread's title can be a bit misleading, I completely support your suggestion to make us able to opt out. Edited by Khyle

I'm all for people having the option to level twice as fast, I couldn't care less about what others do with their time and characters, but it should be that: an OPTION. Not something forced on all of us whether we like it or not. Not everyone is seeking the same thing when playing this game. So yeah, while the thread's title can be a bit misleading, I completely support your suggestion to make us able to opt out.

I could live with

X Turn off experience gain

X Turn off rested or double experience

Sounds like a plan :rak_03:

If you mouse over the 2XP you'll see that rested XP isn't applied or consumed during the double XP event. What this means is that subscribers are still getting their normal XP during double xp events, only F2P people are getting double their normal XP.

Double XP is a godsend to someone like me, who's kinda over all the side quests. I've leveled a lot of characters to 50 (55 is ... another matter) and sometimes a girl wants to be able to elbow past them all and just do the planet and class quests. Outleveling my crafting is a price I am more than willing to pay.

But if turning it off was made an option (or turned into boosts, although honestly I don't see that happening, as half the purpose of running these is to get a lot of people on at once during a particular time), that would be okay. But I'd really like if there were more double XP times, not less. ;)

I agree with the comments here that it should not be automatically forced upon you, and they should just send out double xp boost items as consumables that last 48hour or whatever instead.

Infact I have mentioned this is other threads but I personally would love XP gain on or off toggle in PVE as a option so that you can control to some extend how quick you level and make leveling as hard or easy as you like really, so you keep your player, content and gear levels more in synch. This will also allow you to have a good session on a reputation missons like the BBA without nerfing your story xp when you go back to it by gaing too much xp while doing them. :cool:

If you mouse over the 2XP you'll see that rested XP isn't applied or consumed during the double XP event. What this means is that subscribers are still getting their normal XP during double xp events, only F2P people are getting double their normal XP.

Sorry, am I misreading this or are you suggesting that double xp has no benefits for subscribers? That is absolutely not true. The maths has been explained many times, so if you are under that impression, do a forum search.

Sorry if I am misreading it, but you can't actually think you've been levelling at the normal rate, can you?? Surely any mission you handed it made the double xp gains obvious?

Sorry, am I misreading this or are you suggesting that double xp has no benefits for subscribers? That is absolutely not true. The maths has been explained many times, so if you are under that impression, do a forum search.

Sorry if I am misreading it, but you can't actually think you've been levelling at the normal rate, can you?? Surely any mission you handed it made the double xp gains obvious?

What this guy said^^

Subscribers were getting double the normal sub XP rate.

Free to Play players were getting double the normal F2P XP rate.

It's as simple as that.

Edited by Ferrety

• 4 months later...

I agree with the OP. Please stop the double experience in this game. I know it's an effort to get people to play, but your killing the content! I out level everything so fast the content becomes not fun at all when you just blaze through it because your level is to high for it.

Please let people experience the content and stop the double exp weeks all together. If people want to gain experience that fast let them buy it from the cartel market.

You really are killing you game by doing this!

All the content you have made means nothing to you by doing this! You are making me sad.:(

I agree with the OP. Please stop the double experience in this game. I know it's an effort to get people to play, but your killing the content! I out level everything so fast the content becomes not fun at all when you just blaze through it because your level is to high for it.

Please let people experience the content and stop the double exp weeks all together. If people want to gain experience that fast let them buy it from the cartel market.

You really are killing you game by doing this!

All the content you have made means nothing to you by doing this! You are making me sad.:(

Deal with it. Most people like it and the people do not are a minority. The game is NOT being killed at all, but rather more people actually play.

Since u have the option to level many characters, the leveling part is just annoying for many players. It's kinda fun the 2-3 first chars, but the 9 I have for example have been a pain in the but to level. Kuat Drive Yards for 6-7 hours in a row is a drag beyond words, but I'm kinda forced to do it during double xp weekends unless I wanna spend the double amount of that time to level up in the ordinary fashion.

You should have the option to start at level 1, 25 or 50 if you have a char that is 55. Then those that like the leveling part can start on level 1 and some can start on level 25 and some who just want to get to know their new class and it's abillities will be able to do that from level 50-55.

Edited by Boccanon

For the past few DoubleXP weekends - even worse since it's 3/4 days - I only play on my 55s to prevent any characters I'm levelling from being so far ahead and making all the missions greyed out.

I have no interest in levelling from 10-55 in Kuat in a weekend, you're left with a character with no crafting, bad gear, no comps, none of the orange piece quest rewards (I collect them on all my toons) - and most importantly for me - every single planet you visit afterwards has no taxis / quicktravel points, the map is uncovered and there's quest markers everywhere. You don't give your toon any solid foundations.

Please give a checkbox to turn off the 2xp, it really does stop me playing.

You are one of many that are confused about the rested XP bonus.

Rested xp only applies to NPC kills.

So you get double xp for anything you kill in the game.

But you don't get double xp for anything else. That means you don't get double xp for missions, sidequests, PvP kills, exploration, lore, GSF and whatever else there is.

Double XP weekends, however, double ALL the xp gained.

As for ending double xp weekends, I would probably stop playing if they did that. I don't have time to play the game as much as I'd like to so these double xp weekends are a chance for me to catch up.

I really don't get the people who say they outlevel the content as if that's a bad thing.

The only content that isn't repeated is the class stories. And you can't outlevel them by only doing them even on a double xp weekend.

All other content is repeated content.

Granted, the side missions are different depending on the faction, but if you have played one character to 55 on each side, you have pretty much seen all the content beyond the class content.

In other words, what people are complaining about is that they are reaching end-game too fast which just makes no sense to me (and I don't even play end-game). Why would you want to play the same content over and over?

And even if you do, you could just play your lvl 55's during the double xp weekends or even just skip most of the content you've already played before and concentrate on the storyline.