Translocate should be replaced with...

Voroschuk

Come on I can't be the only one who sees this as a waste of 1 of 4 discipline abilities. So let's see what you guys think this Shield Techs should have instead, here is my suggestion:

"Painkiller" CD 20 sec

Heals you for 10% of your total health, cleanses up to 5 negative effects, and gives you 15% DR for 10 sec.

Each use of Painkiller gives you a stack of Tolerance, which reduces the effect of the next Painkiller by 20% for the next 45 sec, up to 5:

1 stack: 8% heal, cleanse up to 4, 12% dr for 8 sec;

2 stacks: 6% heal, cleanse up to 3, 9% dr for 6 sec;

3 stacks: 4% heal, cleanse up to 2, 6% dr for 4 sec;

4 stacks: 2% heal, cleanse up to 1, 3% dr for 2 sec;

5 stacks: no effect at all.

Another one:

"Tranquilizer Bolt": activation 1.5 sec., range 30m, CD 1 min. Deals kinetic damage initially and internal over time.

Loads your gun with a special neurotoxin bolt, which reduces the target's accuracy by 25%, reduces its speed by 50%, and prevents it from use of any escape, charge, or speed boost abilities for 15 sec.

And another ones:

“Maelstrom” (Shae Vizla comp spin thing animation) CD 20 sec

Launch yourself into the air dealing 6m AOE elemental damage with your flamethrower then hit the ground dealing 6m AOE kinetic damage. Your defense chance is increased by 100% while you perform this ability.

“Shield Enhancers” CD 1 min 30 sec

Activate your shield enhancers to gain 10% shield chance and make your shield absorb all types of damage. Each time your shield absorbs damage other then direct energy/kinetic one, you generate heat. After reaching max amount of heat Shield Enhancers shut down and vent all heat. This ability cannot last longer then 30 sec. and goes on CD after the effect ends.

Edited by Voroschuk

I have very rarely used that ability, even with tank swaps its quicker to just use a taunt. We lack any type of cleanse. Which as a tank in HM + or MM can cause some friction between heals and tank. You suggestion is good, but we already have a self heal and DR CD (3 if your using Price is right). I would settle for a cleanse but a Dr/Cleanse would be great as well. Edited by JusticarHastral

I only ever use Holotraverse in Huttball when someone gets stunned over fire to get them out or when someone gets knocked down with the ball to get them up (most of the time they lag and fall down again because they keep running).

Instead of adding a new DCD I would welcome if one DCD got removed from all the other classes. PT is perfect as it is.

I always wanted something to increase shield chance to 100% for a few seconds. Say for instance:

Shield Overcharge

Gain 100% shield chance for 5 seconds. 1 minute cooldown.

It feels fitting for Shield Tech and synergizes nicely with Heat Blasts' absorb increase. A cleanse could be nice, but honestly I feel like that is something that should probably be available to all Powertechs via a utility, like most other classes.

As for the Painkiller idea, it's pretty cool, but a bit too strong imo. You could have a 15% increase DR with 50% uptime, that's pretty damn strong not even considering the cleanse and heal. I'd probably increase the cooldown to like 45 seconds, seems better for the cleanse effect as well.

Edited by AdjeYo

Come on I can't be the only one who sees this as a waste of 1 of 4 discipline abilities. So let's see what you guys think this Shield Techs should have instead, here is my suggestion:

"Painkiller" CD 20 sec

Heals you for 10% of your total health, cleanses all negative effects, and gives you 15% DR for 10 sec.

Let me get this straight, you want to add a cleanse, heal AND 15% DR lasting 10s with a 20s cooldown? do you realize how massively overpowered this would be? PT tank would be unkillable in PvP, this is the most UNBALANCED cooldown in the game. Maybe if it was - 45s CD, Heals for 10% Heal, that sounds balanced.

As for what I would like -

Shock Absorbers - Cooldown- 1Minute 30s. (Can be used on anyone in group) Give the player it is used on 10 Charges of Shock Absorbers. Each Shock Absorber reduces the next hit by 5k Damage and reduces 1 Charge. Any charges remaining after 10s heal the target for 5% of their health per charge.

Let me get this straight, you want to add a cleanse, heal AND 15% DR lasting 10s with a 20s cooldown? do you realize how massively overpowered this would be? PT tank would be unkillable in PvP, this is the most UNBALANCED cooldown in the game.

The most unbalanced CD would be still an oper roll haha.

I play PVP on my shield tech regularly, probably more often then you do (no offense lol). Have in mind that we can't do much burst as tanks, all our burst relies basically on explosive fuel cd and that's pretty far from enough to get a kill so we have to be more sustainable. And, by the way, I don't think even with this "unbalanced" ability we will be able to handle operatives most of the time, or any other meta, because our DPS heavily depends on how many enemies we can catch with our aoe abilities, and atm shield tech really sucks at 1v1.

If my suggestion seems to be a bit strong let's say then each use of Painkiller gives you a stack of Tolerance, each stack reduces the effect of the next Painkiller by 20%, CD of stacks is 45sec, I will update my OP rn

Edited by Voroschuk

100% shield ability won't save us from dots and elemental/internal damage which is the biggest ST weakness right now.

Right yeah that's fair I was coming at this mainly from a PvE perspective where this would be less of an issue. I still think the current iterations of Painkiller is just too much, even with a 45 second cooldown (so certainly with the stacking mechanic). Maybe have it grant 15% internal/elemental DR for 10 seconds and cleanse ór 15% internal/elemental DR for 10 seconds with a 10% heal, on a 45 second cooldown? That seems more reasonable, yet still very helpfull against i/e damage.

I only ever use Holotraverse in Huttball when someone gets stunned over fire to get them out or when someone gets knocked down with the ball to get them up (most of the time they lag and fall down again because they keep running).

Instead of adding a new DCD I would welcome if one DCD got removed from all the other classes. PT is perfect as it is.

**** no! Why the hell would you REMOVE abilities from other classes? Jesus this suggestion is even more mind boggling than the OP ability. Translocate is fine, it has its uses in PVE too for getting a teammate out of trouble.

**** no! Why the hell would you REMOVE abilities from other classes? Jesus this suggestion is even more mind boggling than the OP ability. Translocate is fine, it has its uses in PVE too for getting a teammate out of trouble.

My suggestion is basically a variation of Endure Pain/Unnatural Preservation/Emergency Scan/Kolto Infusion kind of ability, yes it is a bit stronger, but it's ok considering that the rest of our DCD's are trash comparing to what other classes have.

I would like to see a few examples of " trouble" that only translocate can fix in PVE and PVP that will justify its existence over any other possible discipline ability which we could use in most situations.

Edited by Voroschuk

comparing translocate to the other classes new abilities its quite garbage in both pve and pvp, removing it and replacing it with something with an actual purpose that improves the class would be a good idea

comparing translocate to the other classes new abilities its quite garbage in both pve and pvp, removing it and replacing it with something with an actual purpose that improves the class would be a good idea

I've used it myself to get team mates out of an AOE when they happened to stunned. If you want a new useful ability that's fine but removing abilities from others or making an OP ability of Powertech would be quite nonsensical.

I've used it myself to get team mates out of an AOE when they happened to stunned. If you want a new useful ability that's fine but removing abilities from others or making an OP ability of Powertech would be quite nonsensical.

that's an irrelevant example as its due to the player himself making a mistake and being out of position, unless your argument was that translocates one useful feature is if a player is stunned more than 1,5 seconds and standing in an AoE that will kill the player if they stay in that spot for the duration of the stun (but they will live for 1,5s more)

quite frankly I don't think that your example helps your argument towards keeping translocate as it is in any way shape or form, as a concept the ability is totally useless and should be replaced with something, a passive, a proc or another type of defensive ability for teammates

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Don't forget to write your suggestions, and write what you find the spec is lacking, who knows maybe devs will read this one day lol). I have another one:

Tranquilizer Bolt: activation 1.5 sec., range 30m, CD 1 min

Loads your gun with a special neurotoxin bolt, which reduces the target's accuracy by 25%, reduces its speed by 50% and prevents it from use of any escape, charge or speed boost abilities for 15 sec.

since we have an AOE slow/accuracy debuff it will make sense to have a single target one as well, which will help in boss fights, but making it more like a mercs net will help in PVP as well.

UPD: Forgot to write it deals kinetic damage initially and internal over time.

Edited by Voroschuk

Don't forget to write your suggestions, and write what you find the spec is lacking, who knows maybe devs will read this one day lol). I have another one:

Tranquilizer Bolt: activation 1.5 sec., range 30m, CD 1 min

Loads your gun with a special neurotoxin bolt, which reduces the target's accuracy by 25%, reduces its speed by 50% and prevents it from use of any escape, charge or speed boost abilities for 15 sec.

since we have an AOE slow/accuracy debuff it will make sense to have a single target one as well, which will help in boss fights , but making it more like a mercs net will help in PVP as well.

boss immunity.....

boss immunity.....

Like if that’s not a thing already, still worse then shroud, assuming you are talking about possible mix of this with oil and explosive fuel defense increase, which can possibly lead to 75% dc every 2 minutes for about 8 GCD. And if you’re talking about boss passive then you probably missed the part about accuracy debuff.

Edited by Voroschuk

Since you guys don’t want to post your own ideas but enjoy criticizing mine, I’ll give you another one:

“Maelstrom” (Shae Vizla comp spin thing animation) CD 20 sec

Launch yourself into the air dealing 6m AOE elemental damage with your flamethrower then hit the ground dealing 6m AOE kinetic damage. Your defense chance is increased by 100% while you perform this ability.

Even 2:

Shield Enhancers CD 1 min 30 sec

Activate your shield enhancers to gain 10% shield chance and make your shield absorb all types of damage. Each time your shield absorbs damage other then direct energy/kinetic one, you generate heat. After reaching max amount of heat Shield Enhancers shut down and vent all heat. This ability cannot last longer then 30 sec. and goes on CD after the effect ends.

Edited by Voroschuk

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my suggestions for what VG/PT Tank needs.

Emergency Power Set Bonus Change- Either make reactive last 10s up from 5s or make the cooldown also be reduced by 15s.

Tacticals -

1. FIX. OIL. FIRE.

2. Change Hotswap to - Ionized Gas: Riot Gas duration is increased to 15 seconds and heals you for 1% of your health per second. Additionally each ally standing in Riot Gas will get 5% DR as long as they remain in it.

3. Change Neural Trigger to- Adrenaline Overload: Adrenaline Rush's Cooldown is reduced by 1 minute and it will now heal you up to 60% of your health, additionally while Adrenaline Rush is active you do 20% More damage.

Cooldowns-

1. Transpose Change to- Shield Stabilizers - Increases Shielding on yourself by 5%, Places a Shield Probe on the selected target, placing 10 charges on them, each hit you take is reduced by 5k damage and will reduce 1 charge. Any charges remaining after 10 seconds will heal the target for 5% of max health. (Can be used on you or allies) 1min 30s cooldown.

Those are all my suggestions for VG/PT tank to make them in a better place without making them OP

Edited by GhOsTPrOz

Speaking of Oil Fire it shouldn't only be fixed it should be buffed IMO. Rn, it seems to be useful only for clearing trash mobs, but I don't think the PT tank has any problem with that, and by the way, this is not the best tactical for that purpose (Superheated Fuel is). I think it should work a bit differently, like what if Oil Slick will make its targets susceptible to all flame attacks for 15 sec (so if the target that was hit by Oil moved from the area will still have susceptible debuff for the duration) and the longer the target stays inside more (flame) damage it will receive and less accuracy (not just melee and ranged but in general) it will have? That will make it useful against bosses and enemy players as well. Edited by Voroschuk

• 1 month later...

A special active ability that increases your max health, by much more than the endure pain one for Juggs, but the amount degrades over time instead of completely disappearing at the end of the duration.

In its defense Translocate is fun and wouldn't be too bad, the new Hotswap tactical could have made it more useful; but the basic physics of the game and its engine just make it such a burden to figure out how to use effectively. I can't even swap to help a group member gain more distance to carry something or outrun someone because if I forget to rotate to the direction they're running, the game uses my positioning and they end up facing back and running back towards their original position before they realize they need to turn around, losing half the ground I just gained them LOL.

I have another idea for Translocate. Let's say it will work kind of like Sorcs Phase Walk but with less radius, 15m for instance. So you place a mark on the ground and teleport 15m forward, 13 sec CD. If you use Translocate out of the previous mark radius, a new mark is placed on your current position and you teleport forward, if you used it within 15m range you teleport back. Edited by Voroschuk

• 2 months later...

I actually use it in warzones and have saved a fair few players.........e.g that ranged dps suddenly being jumped on by 3 melee - suddenly those melee get me carbonising them while the ranged guy gets to run away for a heal.

But if I were to replace it, it should be something that helps another player not me as a tank. Suggest applying the equivalent of a sorc shield - roots the player but makes them invulnerable? That way they have a few seconds closer to their DCDs coming back. I could shield them, jump in and debuff the enemy while they're safe,