This game needs "Loop Music" option

GGTeMpLaR

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! I love the game but is was a HUUUGE letdown when I found out that 90% of my quest time I was in complete utter silence :|

Breaks the immersion big time if you ask me..and there seem to be people complaining about this every day on a lot of servers ( i know from friends on other servers) ...wish Bioware would address this....then I could gladly give the game a 10/10

There is a looping soundtrack. It's called Footstep Sonata.

Here I'll play it for you:

CLOPclopCLOPclopCLOPclopCLOPclopCLOPclop.

To be serious though, music is a very strong point in certain other games, and the music in this game is one of the dissapointing factors, not gonna lie. They certainly have the opportunity to use it far more frequently and I wish they would.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I HATE running around some BEAUTIFUL planet like Voss or Alderaan in DEAD silence except for some distant ambiance.

Especially when the speeder sound cuts out, I'm just floating around not making any noise!

This should also apply to loading screens, especially when loading the game for the first time. I love the epic intro music, but then it cuts out for some reason, and I have to listen to dead silence for 30+ seconds (yeah, I know, my hard drive must be crap or something).

Edited by Starenix

I agree.

The music that I DO hear, is freakin awesome. But 20 minutes can go by (or so it seems) with no music at all. The ambient sounds are pretty minimal, and so it can get a bit dry and lonely while out questing in the world. I'd personally have the music on auto-loop all the time as well, if possible.

I normally don't start playing my own music in video games unless its an MMORPG that I've played for years. But it's only been a few weeks in SWTOR and I already feel the need to play my own music just to spice things up.... and that's a bit sad since I'd rather listen to the SWTOR music if possible.

yes i agree parts with no music tend to be less interesting

and to have the same music play over and over again gets boring

i am hoping to hear new music put in the game one day and to have the loop play or even a music player to listen to your favorite in game songs while questing :)

Exact same problem here. I feel completely lied to after all the years of waiting for this game and was PROMISED wonderful music. Watching the Star Wars films over the years the music is one of the biggest aspects of the Star Wars universe. I was completely dissopointed that about 95% of the time I have no music. None. Not while questing, not while exploring, the only time I have EVER heard music was when fighting a rare boss or completing a CLASS quest. Stupid because now I am finding out that all the music we heard in all the gameplay demos over the years was EDITED in. PLEASE, OH PLEASE give us music.

I ~LOVE~ the music in this game. What baffles my mind, is why there is so little of it.

Here is what I'd like to see:

*Every zone has it's own background soundtrack. Something that fits the environment, but is classic Star Wars.

*Give different quest areas a different background theme. For example, I go into spooky warehouse, play spooky warehouse theme; walk into an area in the middle of a war, play middle of a war theme.

*When I fight Gold+ mobs, play a battle theme. Mobs that would require a group should have an even better, adrenaline-pumping battle theme.

If you want an example, look at FFXI. For everything that game did wrong, it got the music absolutely right.

Yep been asking for this since beta. The disconnection in music takes all the emotion out of the game. We need a check box option or something to loop it. Its ruining my immersion!!! lol Edited by Folgrin