Guild Summit Begins Monday

AlysonBridge

Next week, representatives of over 150 guilds from around the world will be coming to Austin, Texas to take part in BioWare’s inaugural Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Guild Summit. During the summit, guild members will have the opportunity to speak with the development team, and see a preview of what the future holds for the game.

Read More

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really say I'm exited for this. The fact that it's limited to guilds means we'll just end up getting a bunch of questions and answers about boring stuff like guild banks or hard mode raids.

Did you look at the agenda?

Seems like it hits all main areas of interest:

10:00AM CST (4PM GMT) – Welcome and Introductions

10:30AM CST (4:30PM GMT) – State of the Game and Game Update 1.2 Presentation

Break (Livestream offline from 11:00am to 2:00pm)

2:00PM CST (8:00PM GMT) – Operations and Flashpoints Discussion

2:45PM CST (8:45PM GMT) – Player vs. Player Discussion

3:30PM CST (9:30PM GMT) – Legacy Presentation

4:00PM CST (10:00PM GMT) – Economy and Crew Skills Discussion

4:30PM CST (10:30PM GMT) – Roleplayer's Discussion

5:00PM CST (11:00PM GMT) – Guild Features Discussion

5:30PM CST (11:30PM GMT) – User Interface Presentation

6:00PM CST (12:00AM GMT) - ...And The Rest

Can't really say I'm exited for this. The fact that it's limited to guilds means we'll just end up getting a bunch of questions and answers about boring stuff like guild banks or hard mode raids.

About 80% of a servers population is in a guild, some are pve guilds, some are pvp, some are levelling guilds and some do a mix of the 3. So inviting guilds means alot of the player base is covered. Guilds are the life of the community, there for they are the life of the game. Now go join a guild ;)

Will they announce something substantial.

Funny they are bringing all these people into Austin for a game that doesn't have any features at all for a guild. Other than guild have a glorified Chat Channel for a Feature Oh and a name tag.

Did you look at the agenda?

Seems like it hits all main areas of interest:

10:00AM CST (4PM GMT) – Welcome and Introductions

Break (Livestream offline from 11:00am to 2:00pm)

2:00PM CST (8:00PM GMT) – Operations and Flashpoints Discussion

2:45PM CST (8:45PM GMT) – Player vs. Player Discussion

3:30PM CST (9:30PM GMT) – Legacy Presentation

4:00PM CST (10:00PM GMT) – Economy and Crew Skills Discussion

5:00PM CST (11:00PM GMT) – Guild Features Discussion

5:30PM CST (11:30PM GMT) – User Interface Presentation

Noticed there's no specific entry for:

• Story and non instanced PVE content
  • Gear and character customization
  • Space content
  • World environment
  • Graphics and engine performance

Seems to me the above topics are also in dire need of a specific focus, not to be put in a "others" discussion.

Since our guild cant not attend there are several questions i would like someone to ask for us Please:D

1. Can we add guild mail, which allows the guild leader and whoever he/she designates to send to everyone in the guild, to officers.....

2. Add Cut and Paste from out side to the in game mail and to export to a word file out side the game.

3. Give a volume slider to the in game /tells. (most of the time the game sounds drown it out)

4. Add nameable way points to the game maps so we can keep track of places. (not just bind points)

5. Add in game VOICE CHAT!!!!!!!!!

6. The guild bank in coming so think you very much!!!

These are just a few of the things our guild would like to see added.

Noticed there's no specific entry for:

• Story and non instanced PVE content
  • Gear and character customization
  • Space content
  • World environment
  • Graphics and engine performance

Seems to me the above topics are also in dire need of a specific focus, not to be put in a "others" discussion.

Story? I see no reason that needs its own discussion time as it will likely be covered in the 1.2 presentation.

Gear - covered in crew skill update/operations/Fps slots.

Space - it is a mini-game

World Environment - likely covered in RP.

Engine performance - no reason to cover this at the summit. They are working on improvements but what value would there be to have a 45 min slot to discuss it with armchair developers?

Engine performance - no reason to cover this at the summit. They are working on improvements but what value would there be to have a 45 min slot to discuss it with armchair developers?

I'd be very suprised if this isnt mentioned in the pvp q&a too tbh as it mainly affects most people in ilum and some people in wz's (tho i get no issue in wz's myself)

Rather hard to imagine in which of these BW may manage to fit the discussion of same-gender content implementation. I suppose we will have to watch to see.

Since our guild cant not attend there are several questions i would like someone to ask for us Please:D

2. Add Cut and Paste from out side to the in game mail and to export to a word file out side the game.

You can already copy and paste from outside the game.

About 80% of a servers population is in a guild, some are pve guilds, some are pvp, some are levelling guilds and some do a mix of the 3. So inviting guilds means alot of the player base is covered. Guilds are the life of the community, there for they are the life of the game. Now go join a guild ;)

Made up stats are made up, or so I hear.

I understand the usefulness of this sort of thing as a publicity tool, but the fact of the matter is the average player will not be represented at such an event.