Nerf the "hose"

-KeggER-

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust, it's no joke. Come play with the big boys and see for yourself

Yup he's up to his usual shinnanigans, wanting me to come to Pot5 "the place for space" as they are trying to market it.

Do these forums have moderators? I know for a fact there are many good threads on pages 2-4 but they are being buried by nonsense threads like this.

I can't give out the exact build, bc everyone would use it. All I'm going to say is that you feel like their whole team is shooting at you with a barrage of blaster volleys... when really it's just a single player. Therefore it's a "hose" of blaster fire making you s#%t the bed when u see it. It's unstoppable.

Oh....Your trolls are invalid

I can't give out the exact build, bc everyone would use it. All I'm going to say is that you feel like their whole team is shooting at you with a barrage of blaster volleys... when really it's just a single player. Therefore it's a "hose" of blaster fire making you s#%t the bed when u see it. It's unstoppable.

Attack them from a different direction, then you will avoid their afk macro just firing into space like that. You coming at them from head on must be how they are getting the 1-2% hit that they are managing.

You realize how stupid it is to make a post complaining about something you're too afraid to actually talk about?

There's zero content except your whining. That's why people are calling you a troll.

Put up or shut up.

Rapid fire canons, frequency capacitor, blaster overload specced for rate of fire. Suddenly, laser bukakke.

Oh. I use that build. :-p

[edit] And I use that build because people love to stack evasion. This build is a good counter to that. If you throw a ton of shots at someone, their evasion is not likely to save them. I also use the accuracy buff in my co-pilot slot. This is, again, to kill evasion builds. It also works well at eliminating targets in dogfights and people that satellite hump. The accuracy buff seems to work on tracking and close range penalties.

Edited by Enexemander

Rapid fire canons, frequency capacitor, blaster overload specced for rate of fire. Suddenly, laser bukakke.

wow, laser bukakke? that really made me laugh out loud lol.

so ifs thats the hose build, which i will now refer to as laser bukakke lol is there no def build that can make a stand against laser bukakke?

wow, laser bukakke? that really made me laugh out loud lol.

so ifs thats the hose build, which i will now refer to as laser bukakke lol is there no def build that can make a stand against laser bukakke?

I run the build, and I have since the beginning of the release of GSF. It depends on being able to stay on target, and really shines when you're on target and behind them. So, literally the best defense against it is to be a better pilot.

Stacking evasion isn't a good idea against it. Maybe armor would be the better bet? Rapid fire gives up the burst of Burst Cannons and using frequency caps and such limits your firepower per shot.

I expect that much of the whining about the build is going to come from people that stack evasion to the exclusion of other defensive options.

Edited by Enexemander

Dear gunship teammates.

Scouts are being bursty and mean.

Please charge your rail guns full and shoot these scouts who are flying in a straight line.

Sincerely a striker pilot who used up all his missiles on scouts flying in a straight line.

Actually, the quad or burst lasers are both better against evasion stacking, because they have the highest native accuracy (quad is best at mid range, burst is best at close range). In particular, with burst laser you can get up to 127% passive accuracy at close range, enough to occasionally pierce even distortion field.

I run the build, and I have since the beginning of the release of GSF. It depends on being able to stay on target, and really shines when you're on target and behind them. So, literally the best defense against it is to be a better pilot.

Stacking evasion isn't a good idea against it. Maybe armor would be the better bet? Rapid fire gives up the burst of Burst Cannons and using frequency caps and such limits your firepower per shot.

I expect that much of the whining about the build is going to come from people that stack evasion to the exclusion of other defensive options.

To be honest, rapid fires also have the lowest accuracy out there. The ROF is huge, so you get more "rolls" against evasion, but the DPS isn't any higher than other weapons. Increasing the ROF increases DPS, but it does so just as much for any other build out there.

The main advantages I see for the build are two-fold:

1- The constant flow of bolts helps average out evasion, so it's much harder to have a lucky evasion streak and avoid most damage (conversely, it's also harder to get a lucky accuracy streak and land more hits than usual). This may be helpful as it resets the shield recharge timer with every hit and keeps a constant pressure.

2- The extremely low energy cost for Rapid-Fires probalby makes "hosing" more sustainable even with the massive ROF boost. Other weapons would quickly drain weapon energy, Rapid-Fires not so much.

In any case, an interesting build.

Sincerely a striker pilot who used up all his missiles on scouts flying in a straight line.

^lmfao.

Also, to whoever said they use this all the time, it's a godawful build for actually being competitive. Unless you're in a supremely better group, you're probably just hurting your team using it. We just use it to hose the minorities, err pubs, when we're bored because it's *********** hilarious.

^lmfao.

Also, to whoever said they use this all the time, it's a godawful build for actually being competitive. Unless you're in a supremely better group, you're probably just hurting your team using it. We just use it to hose the minorities, err pubs, when we're bored because it's *********** hilarious.

IDM disagrees with you. :D

http://www.twitch.tv/deliriousdm/b/485730420

It's a fine build. It's not great. It doesn't depend on Bypass shenanigans, which I personally like. I think it's kind of bizarre to hear people complaining about it, honestly.