Is Artifice Worth it anymore?

Otchiver

I've been reading the forums a lot and a lot of people are having trouble with the crafting skills. And no early access.

I'm a lvl 50 (soon to be 51) and i'm wondering if Artifice is worth it.

I'm running a DPS sentinel with Artifice, slicing and Archaeology.

I'm still attempting to RE blues for purples but they're for 22 Grade items (Advanced Hilt 22/Advanced enhancement 22) and the Color crystals for Grade 6. I've put up a few Purple hilts at 22 Grade but still no sale.

With the 2.0 and the the lvl 25 hilts purple hilts at Makeb Comms vendor, the level 23-24 hilts from lvl50 ops.

Slicing is making me money, Archaeology is there.... don't know if i should keep it. But apparently on 2.0 a lot changes.

Is it feasible to stay in business as an artifice at lvl50+?

So far I've sold the mats I've gathered with Archeology for a lot of money and left Artifice at 410 (which you can get to by grinding old schematics).

It took less then two days to get from level 50 to 55 and by then* I had enough basic commendations to get a purple level 66 weapon (not sure what grade that is off the top of my head). So I don't see much of a market for anything Artifice can make post 50 with the exception of the rare color crystals as a vanity item.

*Leveling up I did the BH weekly, the new weekly, and 1 level 50 HM Flashpoint.

So far I've sold the mats I've gathered with Archeology for a lot of money and left Artifice at 410 (which you can get to by grinding old schematics).

It took less then two days to get from level 50 to 55 and by then* I had enough basic commendations to get a purple level 66 weapon (not sure what grade that is off the top of my head). So I don't see much of a market for anything Artifice can make post 50 with the exception of the rare color crystals as a vanity item.

*Leveling up I did the BH weekly, the new weekly, and 1 level 50 HM Flashpoint.

What are you running these days then? Artifice, Archaeology and what else?

Right now just Artifice (not used), Archeology (farming mats), and Treasure Hunting (not used).

That is what my main had when 2.0 hit and I have not decided what I want to do yet. I really enjoyed Artifice when I leveled but it is very hard to justify keeping at this point.

In order to make Artifice and Cybertech worth it once again they need to fix reverse engineering exploit, allow players to learn ultimate gear and change mats required to craft end-game gear into isotope-5 instead of an ultra rare hard mode drop! Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Hmm, that's interesting.

Which item do you craft? How many materials does it require?

The items to make are level 54. Mats are:

2 Corundum Powder

6 Carbonic Crystal

4 Primordial Artifact Fragment

as opposed to say, Synthweaving, level 54 item:

6 Corundum Powder

8 Carbonic Crystal

10 Primordial Artifact Fragment

Quite the difference....

I'd say no crafting skill is really worth it after 2.0. And I have all of them at 450. Biochem still has a limited usefulness in that you can get re-usables, and Cybertech might be somewhat useful to equip a guild or something in baseline gear for starting operations. Beyond that, there really isn't much to bother with.

I'd say no crafting skill is really worth it after 2.0. And I have all of them at 450. Biochem still has a limited usefulness in that you can get re-usables, and Cybertech might be somewhat useful to equip a guild or something in baseline gear for starting operations. Beyond that, there really isn't much to bother with.

Artifice will only be crystal crafting. They will get cheap in the following weeks since schem-stealing is possible and there is a number of players already crafting all kind of crystals.

C-tech and artifice will be good for gearing up alts cheaply in Basic gear. (this is actually cool if you are looking to quickly and cheaply gear up alts for pve grind).

Arkanian-grade gear, if anyone will even bother making it, will be very expensive and not worth it. You can run SV HM with Dread Guard-geared party.

Right now you can make monies on augment kits and augments. Last time augment kits were released they were xpensive for maybe 2-3 weeks. Some people managed to get few tens of million quickly and then it all went nearly to a halt for them.

And yes, I am pi... Annoyed because it's gonna be harder for me to make millions of credits in matter of hours >.>

Edited by Alec_Fortescue