Unranked Arena Matchmaking Bug?

MAXIMUMFAIRYSUIT

In unranked arena the team imbalance is making it almost unplayable not sure if this is a bug but we will start as a 3v3 or 2v2 and the opposing team or mine will get an extra member in the 2nd round and it makes the entire game not fair. Is this intentional? Almost 60% of my matches are like this. Why not just lock it at 3v3 or 2v2 if they can't find an extra team member? Or make the match not start without it...

It is not bugged. If you are talking about lowbie or midbie than answer is not enough players. For lvl 70 mostly players are quiting if they see it is arena and arenas pops when there is not enough players for 8v8 so again not enough player problem. Also matchmaking in this game is really really bad. Mostly not having matchmaking might better.

It’s not a bug, but I 100% agree. If only 6 people pop, then it should put 3v3 and not back fill at all. It should lock it and the match stays at 3v3.

It should only back fill if someone leaves. If it can’t back fill, then the match ends or doesn’t start.

I’ve played my fill of arena in lowbies, Mids and lvl 70 where it’s 2v4 or even 1v4. Where it’s put 2 healers on one team and 1 tank on the other or no tank.

The queue isn’t bugged, it’s just not setup properly. If it was, it wouldn’t allocated based on who accepted the pop first. It would allocate players to teams from the pool after everyone accepts, if there are odd numbers, then someone should get left out and be the first considered for the next match.

So it’s not a bug, just a lazy dev setting it up or system that doesn’t care if the games are fair or fun. They only care that it pops as fast as it can.

Bioware could fix that with some simple adjustments, the first would be locking matches at 3v3 or 2v2 if there aren’t enough for 4v4. No one wants to continuously pop 3v4 or 2v3 or 2v4 all in the name of faster pops. I would say most people would rather wait a few minutes and get even numbers.

When you consider that most reg arenas, especially lowbies and Mids only go for 2 rounds and they are relatively fast, then the actual wait times wouldn’t be much longer than 4 minutes.

But what happens at moment is people start popping uneven matches and stop queueing, which actually slows the pops because then there are even less people.

Edited by TrixxieTriss