It's time to form a competitive pub team for rateds.

Washingtoon

1. Let go of the idea that it has to be guild-based. I've played with and against all of you and while some guildies are good it's hardly true for all of you. Winning every games against pugs when you're on a premade does not make you an individually good player.This is where the imp teams (you know who you are) shine, their players are individually better. Think outside the box (read:guild).

2. Do not abandon ship. Yeah I'm looking at you, people who decided to switch factions and make things even worse.

3. List players that you think would be suited for a competitive pub team. Imps should give their input too since it's in their interest to have someone to play.

Also, have reasonable expectations. Form a team and give it time. Practice makes perfect and normal warzones are hardly a viable alternative when it comes to improving.

For the Republic :sy_republic:

Edited by Washingtoon

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm completely willing to join any ranked team at any point. Win or lose, I just wanna get in there. While I'm working on WH gear atm, 1.6 made it so I should have a full set before the week is out.

I have a few folks I play with who I'm sure would be interested as well. Wessøn, Phamass, Serrainoa, Kahrin, and I (Archus) queue a lot together, and CJuice and Donna recently joined up with us. I'm hoping to start putting together some teams in the near future.

So... yeah. We're not the most well-known Pub PvPers, and if the goal is to put together "the perfect" pub rated team, I don't have any delusions of being on that list right now. But I just wanted to speak up here to get our names out there. Feel free to friend us and ask if you need players.

Still hurt from the beat down I gave you on civil war tonight bro? Your QQ is delish my boy. Wittle freq dont know how to deal with Sage CC ouch

Haven't QQ'd yet...was just saying I should make a second forum account...maybe once you learn to quit idolizing yourself you might take up learning to read. And losing is just one of the risks you take when solo queing...it happens...I'm not going to feed your ego with complaints about bubble stun, or how an auto attack sends you heading for the hills,or take a page from your book and say I don't take regulars seriously, or how you didn't beat anything down, the other 7 people on your team did (collectively I might add, they couldn't do it individually) because you were too busy running around and bubbling while my team sat at a node "defending", and I ran middle to attempt some sort of crazy 8v1.....but I will say GG, and that you did a really good job keeping your team up and bubbled. I applaud your support abilities, if only I gave a damn about my pugs as much as you, maybe I would win more often...alas....they're worthless to me.

oh... and thank you caring so much, it's nice to see I have fans as well :)

Unstoppable

Donna

Krath

Finish

Calem

Churb

Obiwalker

Miko(or sum sweep guardian cant remeber exactly)

Reginleaf

Can prolly switch out a vanguard and guardian for 2 stealths just cant think of any boss shadows/dps scoundrals off the top of my head.

Prolly alot of variations of people who could be replacements this is just off the top of my head.

Haven't QQ'd yet...was just saying I should make a second forum account...maybe once you learn to quit idolizing yourself you might take up learning to read. And losing is just one of the risks you take when solo queing...it happens...I'm not going to feed your ego with complaints about bubble stun, or how an auto attack sends you heading for the hills,or take a page from your book and say I don't take regulars seriously, or how you didn't beat anything down, the other 7 people on your team did (collectively I might add, they couldn't do it individually) because you were too busy running around and bubbling while my team sat at a node "defending", and I ran middle to attempt some sort of crazy 8v1.....but I will say GG, and that you did a really good job keeping your team up and bubbled. I applaud your support abilities, if only I gave a damn about my pugs as much as you, maybe I would win more often...alas....they're worthless to me.

oh... and thank you caring so much, it's nice to see I have fans as well :)

Y so mad?

Unstoppable

Donna

Krath

Finish

Calem

Churb

Obiwalker

Miko(or sum sweep guardian cant remeber exactly)

Reginleaf

Can prolly switch out a vanguard and guardian for 2 stealths just cant think of any boss shadows/dps scoundrals off the top of my head.

Prolly alot of variations of people who could be replacements this is just off the top of my head.

Donna - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good one.

1..This is where the imp teams (you know who you are) shine, their players are individually better. Think outside the box (read:guild).

For the Republic :sy_republic:

Not so sure about that. For two basic reasons: First, rep has also brilliant players. Guys like talionis, hennessy, k'rath, obi, mitth, they can be as good as some of the best imp players. Second, some of the guys that you might think that are the best imp players also have a pub toon. I played with a Physics(one of the best pvp guilds imo) premade a few days ago, I expected to win when i saw them, but the other team had Jediyy (who also has a brilliant marauder) and Churb, and they were enough to beat our team.

Not so sure about that. For two basic reasons: First, rep has also brilliant players. Guys like talionis, hennessy, k'rath, obi, mitth, they can be as good as some of the best imp players. Second, some of the guys that you might think that are the best imp players also have a pub toon. I played with a Physics(one of the best pvp guilds imo) premade a few days ago, I expected to win when i saw them, but the other team had Jediyy (who also has a brilliant marauder) and Churb, and they were enough to beat our team.

Not sure if really complementing pub players or making fun of premade getting beat...either way I agree.

There are, without question, good pubs but it seems like they havent found eachother yet or simply prefer to play with their guildies . Some of the guilds are probably good enough to put up somewhat of a fight but if the best guilds had put their 2-3 best players on one and the same team instead they'd be more competitive.

On another note, whose alt is Shaerie (assassin)? If that's not an alt I'd instantly recruit him/her for one of the better imp guilds/teams. He/she is consistently putting up good numbers, hits like a truck and isnt even particulary geared (17'ish K).

Donna - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good one.

Donna is easily one of the best healers on the server. She actually moves when she gets hit and can target swap/triage very effectively. Alas, for class balance, she would be among the best. I've played with her on guard as a shadow and gotten invincible 5 straight games in a row to solid wins.

There are, without question, good pubs but it seems like they havent found eachother yet or simply prefer to play with their guildies . Some of the guilds are probably good enough to put up somewhat of a fight but if the best guilds had put their 2-3 best players on one and the same team instead they'd be more competitive.

On another note, whose alt is Shaerie (assassin)? If that's not an alt I'd instantly recruit him/her for one of the better imp guilds/teams. He/she is consistently putting up good numbers, hits like a truck and isnt even particulary geared (17'ish K).

They don't put up a fight. They put up excuses.

"Hey you guys going to queue for rated?"

"No we don't have people on"

"You have 11 people"

"Yah but we're missing our vanguard dps."

"Oh, right. Yah. Can't live without THAT guy."

Not sure if really complementing pub players or making fun of premade getting beat...either way I agree.

I'm definitely complementing pub players, but in that specific case, also imp players, considering that Jediyy plays for both sides. I wouldn't make fun of a Physics premade, because as I said, they are really good.

I'm definitely complementing pub players, but in that specific case, also imp players, considering that Jediyy plays for both sides. I wouldn't make fun of a Physics premade, because as I said, they are really good.

You take what you have, and take what you are given, and try to make the best of it. That time, we were outplayed, so we lost. It happens. Didn't stop us from queuing again immediately after that.

Donna is easily one of the best healers on the server. She actually moves when she gets hit and can target swap/triage very effectively. Alas, for class balance, she would be among the best. I've played with her on guard as a shadow and gotten invincible 5 straight games in a row to solid wins.

Donna is A Boss