The Most pvp damage for Sentinel

Bassturd

What spec will give me the most damage in pvp for Jedi Sent? I believe it's between Combat and Focus. I usually average around 300+ but i see some jedi who get like 500+. At the end of the day how do I get to 500+? Right now im combat and I thought you get the most damage out of it because of burst. But people with focus can get a 5 k hit with that smash move. Please help...

so your saying combat is better 1v1

Combat is the best spec for pvp 1v1. Watchman is garbage due to the nerf. Smash spec is good for group aoe, but isn't very good at 1v1.

Read this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=569424

I originally was a watchman spec, which I used to level and pvp at 50. You won't kill a good healer in pvp or put out enough damage if the healer knows to dispel your dots. It's really that simple. Combat on the other hand with good gear can put enough pressure on a healer, but your a little squish compared to watchman. Only very well geared and experience healers will survive otherwise the healer will die if your left alone. Smash spec is good for heavy melee groups, but isn't that great for 1v1 or as good like a guardian smash spec. A guardian smash is stronger.

Edited by Knockerz

Combat is the best spec for pvp 1v1. Watchman is garbage due to the nerf. Smash spec is good for group aoe, but isn't very good at 1v1.

Read this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=569424

I originally was a watchman spec, which I used to level and pvp at 50. You won't kill a good healer in pvp or put out enough damage if the healer knows to dispel your dots. It's really that simple. Combat on the other hand with good gear can put enough pressure on a healer, but your a little squish compared to watchman. Only very well geared and experience healers will survive otherwise the healer will die if your left alone. Smash spec is good for heavy melee groups, but isn't that great for 1v1 or as good like a guardian smash spec. A guardian smash is stronger.

This isn't true at all. Watchman was and still is the best 1v1 spec. Even after the heal nerf. As far as killing healers is concerned, If you have trouble doing that then you weren't playing the class right.

Get your broom out and start sweeping.

Lol nice.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

All specs are capable of doing decent wz dps i've done over 800 dmg per second with all 3 of them and if i can do it anyone can. Focus is probably the easiest one for big numbers/dps in wzs because its aoe and yes combat is hell to play with bubble stuns everywhere but they all do good dmg. Edited by AngusFTW

All specs are capable of doing decent wz dps i've done over 800 with all 3 of them and if i can do it anyone can. Focus is probably the easiest one for big numbers/dps in wzs because its aoe and yes combat is hell to play with bubble stuns everywhere but they all do good dmg.

Yes, we've all had to adjust to open with ranged moves. It sucks because you can't leap in for focus (don't want to waste it) so you are better off with your focus-building saber attack. If it procs Ataru, you are golden, but if not you need to risk a Blade Rush to proc Ataru so you don't waste your Blade Storm on an unprocced attack. Eh, maybe when I gear up a little more I can rely on my Crippling Throw to pop it.

Honestly, this really illustrates how important it is to have an obvious visual indicator for when the bubble will stun you on popping. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is presently no way to tell if Leap->Gore>Ravage will leave the enemy in a state of severe pain, or just severe rofl.

1. Focus with the most overall damage due to AOE, however much poorer 1v1 than the other two.

2. Watchman with the most 1v1 damage due to more sustained damage.

3. Combat with the least overall damage. The most burst out of the 3, less sustained damage (than Watchman) and next to 0 AOE. They sacrifice overall damage for great utility and quick burst.

IMO anyways. I have never played focus, so I'm basing my opinion on playing against them.

If you guys think focus is bad 1v1 you're not playing it right... Leap crush do whatever smash choke do whatever smash. Almost 100% of the time bads will stun you when you leap out of fear, crush builds your stacks while you're stunned and then you can either break it and smash or wait it out depending on how hard you're getting hit. If you're not ready to smash, target is still out of dispatch range and you start feeling like it's going south, just vanish and run out for another leap.

Pretty much gg. I don't think I've lost a 1v1 to anything other than a sniper or a geared ops opening out of stealth. It's not uncommon to finish this out with full health or pretty close to it. Specific situation that comes to mind, first game as focus, went snow in an acw at start as usual, someone else got trans they had no pred. VC + Zen leap smash crush pacify eat the stun.... smash choke vanish smash cap. lol

Not to say combat can't do that either, but you are way more likely to get your damage gimped by something, stunned during your ravage, etc

Edited by Racter

Rage/Focus: Biggest over all damage numbers.

Carnage/Combat: Best single target burst damage and team utility

Annihilation/Watchman: Best marauder/sentinel 1v1 spec (IMO) but not viable for rated.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Rage/Focus: Biggest over all damage numbers.

Carnage/Combat: Best single target burst damage and team utility

Annihilation/Watchman: Best marauder/sentinel 1v1 spec (IMO) but not viable for rated.

Annihilation is also great for PvE!

If you guys think focus is bad 1v1 you're not playing it right... Leap crush do whatever smash choke do whatever smash. Almost 100% of the time bads will stun you when you leap out of fear, crush builds your stacks while you're stunned and then you can either break it and smash or wait it out depending on how hard you're getting hit. If you're not ready to smash, target is still out of dispatch range and you start feeling like it's going south, just vanish and run out for another leap.

Pretty much gg. I don't think I've lost a 1v1 to anything other than a sniper or a geared ops opening out of stealth. It's not uncommon to finish this out with full health or pretty close to it. Specific situation that comes to mind, first game as focus, went snow in an acw at start as usual, someone else got trans they had no pred. VC + Zen leap smash crush pacify eat the stun.... smash choke vanish smash cap. lol

Not to say combat can't do that either, but you are way more likely to get your damage gimped by something, stunned during your ravage, etc

Watchman will always beat the other two specs in a 1v1. Sorry to break it to you. Additionally you shouldn't be losing to a sniper as a sentinel.

heres my advice for any mara/sentinels

throw your 41 pts in any order in any tree in any slots... it doesnt rly matter

next,

attack someone in a warzone, click one of you 378734 defensive cooldowns, watch them die

great success

Quoted for truth.

I get tired of people saying that sentinal is a master class. First time out in pvp with recruit gear and I take top damage. Seriously.. people don't play hard classes. People tend to go toward the easiest most broken and imbalanced classes they can find. Hence, why you see so many sentinals. If you can't win a 1-on-1 fight as a sentinal.. you are fighting another sentinal.

Smash needs to be reduced so all the super smash monkey teams go away. Other trees need to be made more viable .. and combat needs to be made harder.

Right now..

Step 1: Roll a sentinal

Step 2: Target an enemy

Step 3: Smash face on keyboard

Step 4: Profit

Getting old fast.

Furthermore the game should not just focus on who does the most damage. I have seen too many MMO's go that route. Eventually other classes stopped showing up for pvp.. healers,.. tanks.. nothing but dps. I have quit many games like that. The lopsided mentality of DPS DPS DPS DPS will kill the game faster than you can imagine.

Edited by Jaruslothran

Yeah keep thinking that sents are easy to play right now its pretty obvious who the fotm ones are and who the originals are based on their performance. Don't even kid yourself. :rolleyes:

Who's kidding who? I ground up all variants of all classes to level 50 to see how each class worked. The best way to beat your opponent is to know what they can and can not do.

Sorry, but sentinal and slam build guardians have to be some of the easiest classes to be successful with. I have been sticking with my Merc now for some time. So don't even TRY to call me a FOTM player. If I was one of those, I would have dumped my broken class a long time ago.

The truth is that sentinal is a very very easy class to play. I am sorry to say that, but it is just fact. People ( being the general masses ) tend to drift toward the easiest to play classes. It is pretty common in MMO's particularly. You have more utility than any class I can think of, while doing insane amounts of damage.

That is why it was so easy to do so well in recruit gear, when I played it for a few days... because it is frankly an unbalanced class. This is why I decided against playing it. I hate FOTM classes and this is FOTY. Been out of whack for a loooong time. Honestly I would not be surprised to see a lot of changes in 1.7. And when it happens.. I will read all the QQ's here from people talking about how balanced sentinal currently is.. but I will not shed 1 tear.

Edited by Jaruslothran