Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?

invertedknife

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've already told them what you did during the day and then later on in the day you mention something you told them earlier then yeah THAT would be a recap.of things they already knew. Seriously if you are going to try and use my own words against me at least try to compare apples to apples and not to kiwis.

So you never retell stories to your family?

So once I play through a planetary story once it ceases to be story because I have already done it?

Edited by Dokar

Read the thread. What that thread hasn't said is "We're refunding players! We're removing these items from the packs since we obviously dropped the ball on this, and now you can get a different, likely better rare item!"

Why would they refund your money, just because they had to take credit boom out of the 3 static choices? Or are you on about something else? I wouldn't say they dropped the ball, they hoped people would be decent about it I'm sure and In spite of hoping for the best some people decided to show them their worst. You want to get torqued at someone get torqued at people who said I'm going to use the hell out of this to the point of being absurd.

Just because you can understand the argument doesn't mean one isn't being brought. I layed it all out plainly and simply for you, minus my spelling error with "actual". Then used your own very logic to show that achievements must be story content , well at least by your definition. Either way you gain nothing that you wouldn't already know from the actual (let me make sure Steve Jobs doesn't strike from the grave here again) quest line and what you are getting doesn't start nor does it complete an actual quest or quest line. Yep that would seem to not be story content but just a way to spice up your turn it so its not just some run of the mill turn in like a terminal turn is. You have however dodged answering how else you would of made the turn in point tracked on the map. Not surprised really because if answered honestly it would poke holes in the house of cards like argument that because its tracked its automatically a quest. I mean that was one of the arguments being made here.

again you make no sense, achievments never touch the quest log, you have ignored the fact that the Shroud datalogs are the same level of story content of a companion quest, as for the turning simple leave on the item "trade in on the Cartel Market reputation vendor for your specific item" just like the Artifact gifts are, you know how theres a "Go see the Curator on the Fleet" on the artifact gift fragments? they could have used that! but guess what, those cubes were not made by the CM Team, you are so desperate to prove your broken point that you are starting to make stuff up, and I GAINED a lot OF INSIGHT about the Shroud by watching those and acording to people theres 5 more to come, i dont care if you keep making up stuff like "oh its there to give a choice of a item bla bla bla", its Story and its place is in the game OUTSIDE the CM, or do you want them to also sell companion quests?.

Edited by Sohaim

It's not a question of where it is to be turned in at. They could have just as easily played a video upon activation and given you the option of the 3 (now two) items. They chose to put it in the quest log. You can continue to try and slice it up, but it's still this simple: if it falls under the quest log (regardless of the reason behind it), it is a quest. There's no simpler way to phrase it.

It got put in the quest log so the location shows up your map so you know where to turn it in at. Especially given the limitations of the Hero engine it was probably the only way they could get it to show you on the map where to go with it. Just simply placing it in the tracker doesn't make it a quest. That's like saying " you see that duck sitting in the fish pond over there? Yep it's in the water so its a fish too."

again you make sense, achievments never touch the quest, you have ignored the fact that the Shroud datalogs are the same level of story content of a companion quest, as for the turning simple leave on the item "trade in on the Cartel Market reputation vendor for your specific item" just like the Artifact gifts are? you know how theres a "Go see the Curator on the Fleet" on the artifact gift fragments? they could have used that! but guess what, it was not made by the CM Team, you are so desperate to prove your broken point that you are starting to make stuff up, and I GAINED a lot OF INSIGHT about the Shroud by watching those and acording to people theres 5 more to come, i dont care if you keep making up stuff like "oh its there to give a choice of a item bla bla bla", its Story and its place is in the game OUTSIDE the CM, or do you want them to also sell companion quests?.

First off your first several run on sentences there make absolutely no sense. And you can disagree with me all ya like but it doesn't change the fact that its just not story content. It's not a quest, it doesn't start a quest, it doesn't end a quest, and its only in the tracker so it lights your way like the North Star to the turn in point so even the geographically challenged can find their way there and get their choice of now two static items. If you are that bent out of shape about something that's inconsequential and not required for anything then don't buy them, stop playing, yell at the top of your lungs, or what ever you're going to do its still not going to change what is or was and that's just the fact jack.

So you never retell stories to your family?

So once I play through a planetary story once it ceases to be story because I have already done it?

That's not what I said. You are trying to claim a first telling of a story is a recap. A recap is parts of a subject that are reapproached. And like I said at worst for someone who hasn't done the Macrobinocs quest line this is a teaser.

First off your first several run on sentences there make absolutely no sense. And you can disagree with me all ya like but it doesn't change the fact that its just not story content. It's not a quest, it doesn't start a quest, it doesn't end a quest, and its only in the tracker so it lights your way like the North Star to the turn in point so even the geographically challenged can find their way there and get their choice of now two static items. If you are that bent out of shape about something that's inconsequential and not required for anything then don't buy them, stop playing, yell at the top of your lungs, or what ever you're going to do its still not going to change what is or was and that's just the fact jack.

i fixed it so you read again(typing without googles is bad), point is, its a Quest, its was made that way to be placed on the Packs to sell the story, that much is very clear, its made of 9 cubes that we know of it which means its a datalog on the Shroud, its in the tracker because its a quest, its has STORY, it does not end because it was broken into those damn cubes, and you please stop acting all hurt because no matter how much you make up stuff, or scream here in the forums, its not going to change the fact thats a quest line composed of 9 cutscenes, so enough, you are wrong and thats it, its Story content (Shroud Personal datalog) and it should not be in the Cartel Market, if the problem is to give you a choice of a item, they could have easily done the same way Gifts works, so go back see the Curator on the fleet, do a companion quest, and if you still dont see my point, well its your right.

It got put in the quest log so the location shows up your map so you know where to turn it in at. Especially given the limitations of the Hero engine it was probably the only way they could get it to show you on the map where to go with it. Just simply placing it in the tracker doesn't make it a quest. That's like saying " you see that duck sitting in the fish pond over there? Yep it's in the water so its a fish too."

OMG, did read my post? THEY DONT NEED TO GIVE YOU A CINEMATIC SO YOU CAN GET A BOOST ITEM, there can you read it now?jesus stop running away from the point, the Shourd datalogs(the freaking cubes) are THE SAME level of STORY content of a companion QUEST, if you want to DENY that, go ahead, but seriously stop with that whole tracker thing.

Edited by Sohaim

That's not what I said. You are trying to claim a first telling of a story is a recap. A recap is parts of a subject that are reapproached. And like I said at worst for someone who hasn't done the Macrobinocs quest line this is a teaser.

Is it a recap if you haven't done Makeb yet?

I am truly baffled by this. If it's in the quest log, which it is, it is a quest. Regardless of what the purpose is. If it has a cutscene, it's content. Regardless of the length of the cutscene. These datacubes are content. It may not be a significant amount for you to be concerned over, but it's enough for me to be concerned over. You can keep trying to flame me for having a legitimate concern and mentioning it and wanting a response, but you can't sit there and try to tell me that I'm wrong for feeling that way. I've stated multiple times that I love this game and that this is the only concern I've had since I've been playing. I don't see why you should result to insulting peoples' intelligence for having concerns that may be different from yours. How else do you expect a game to grow? Are we supposed to keep silent and hope that things don't go in the direction we are afraid of? If you have a problem with some constructive criticism, maybe you should try avoiding life. I did it politely. I explained my reasoning. You, in turn, decided to continue to insult and flame. Which seems like a more reasonable approach to you?

That's a poor comparison but I'll let it go. It doesn't just fall under the tracker. It falls under the quest log. Thus, it is a quest. When achievements fall under the tracker, they don't also show up on the quest log. Only quests do. QUESTS. Yes, it's there to show you where to go. That doesn't turn it magically into not a quest. You keep trying to take this apart, but you're not giving any reason as to how something in the quest log (not the tracker, the QUEST LOG) is not a quest.

1. Does it appear in the quest log? check

2. Do you have to travel from point A to point B? check

3. Does it have a cutscene? check

4. Does it have a reward? check

Yep, its a quest.

Not that I really care, im just saying. It is indeed a quest now matter how you cut it.

Edited by Soluss

Why are you guys still going round and round about this? Bioware already said they won't do this again.

Forum pvp. Player generated mini game. If they did say that then that would be admitting a mistake, in a round about way. I don't think they said that.

Forum pvp. Player generated mini game. If they did say that then that would be admitting a mistake, in a round about way. I don't think they said that.

I KNOW I saw it, but now the post is gone. Maybe that community rep didn't have the authority to say that.

This thread has been going on since almost immediately after 2.2 launched and there still hasn't been a response to these concerns. I know they're busy answering questions that they've already answered about 20 times (such as when double xp weekend launches) but they could at least say "we'll get back to you."

This thread has been going on since almost immediately after 2.2 launched and there still hasn't been a response to these concerns. I know they're busy answering questions that they've already answered about 20 times (such as when double xp weekend launches) but they could at least say "we'll get back to you."

I reckon everyone who is against these cubes being in the CM should open tickets and post on the Customer Service portion of the forums.

Something along the lines of "I think there's been a huge mistake on your part. You expressively told us that NO story content would be in the CM and not free for subscribers.

I checked my account status and it indeed says that I am subscribed. So, why am I not getting this story for free? Why am I having to pay for this content when your company told me I would not have to pay for story?"

I have yet to buy one of these packs, but I don't think I ever will (even to sell on). I have no intention of supporting these cubes being a CM item only.

I reckon everyone who is against these cubes being in the CM should open tickets and post on the Customer Service portion of the forums.

Something along the lines of "I think there's been a huge mistake on your part. You expressively told us that NO story content would be in the CM and not free for subscribers.

I checked my account status and it indeed says that I am subscribed. So, why am I not getting this story for free? Why am I having to pay for this content when your company told me I would not have to pay for story?"

I have yet to buy one of these packs, but I don't think I ever will (even to sell on). I have no intention of supporting these cubes being a CM item only.

That is an excellent suggestion that I hadn't thought of before. Thank you for stating it! I will do so now.

I think that chuixupu wrote somewhere that he asked on Cantina Tour and devs said it will never go past stuff like the cubes, nothing like "yeah, sorry about that, no more story stuff on CM"

This is my recollection of what chuixupu shared as well.

The cubes are just another CM pack novelty/gimmick. They don't slay or change the storyline aspects of the game, no matter how many times someone stomps feet saying they do. I'm genuinely surprised at how many of you are spoofed into dramatic doomsday proclamations and demand statements......by a gimmick.

A cutscene is NOT a storyline by definition. It's a game mechanic to deliver a message. Storylines are delivered using cutscene mechanics. Learn to tell the difference IMO.

They used an existing mechanic in the game (cutscene) to deliver a novelty CM item to players. Some people are conflating this to mean they are (or will be) selling epic storylines through the CM now, which is just complete silly sauce.

And please... STOP with the "slippery slope" Chicken Little performance people. If we had an actual real world slope for every slippery slope drama performance presented in this forum, there would be no flat land left on the planet.

Edited by Andryah