Round 1: Asajj Ventress vs Bastila Shan

Beniboybling

I've come up with a few VS match ups which I think are equally matched.

This is Round 1: Asajj Ventress vs Bastila Shan

Ventress was a dark jedi and Bastila a jedi padawan, both strong in the force but not yet masters. But both very powerful and with great potential.

Ventress was a master of Jar'Kai and a formidable lightsaber duelist, she was also a powerful practitioner of the force. She fought and almost defeated Anakin Skywalker several times and was able to hold her own against Skywalker and Kenobi combined. Even Sidious recognized her power - fearing Dooku may be training her to overthrow him.

Bastila was also a skilled lightsaber duelist, wielding a double-blade lightsaber. Holding her own against Revan, Jolee Bindo and Juhani (although ultimately defeated) as well as Darth Malak - one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of his time. She also had great power in the force, able to master battle meditation.

Who would win? :i_confused:

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ventress would win. As much as I dislike her as a character, she would win. She has dueled many members of the Jedi Council, including Luminara Unduli and Plo Koon. While she didn't necessarily defeat either of these Jedi in battle, she survived and that says something about her.

Plo Koon is a master of the Djem So form and a very powerful Force User. Ventress broke Koon's right arm by bringing an avalanche down on him. Plo Koon would catch up to her and defeat her with his left arm.

Unduli was a master of Soresu (not to the extent of Obi-Wan) and was able to hold her own against Ventress while her vision was impaired.

As powerful as Bastila is, she doesn't have the skills or power to hold her own against Ventress, who has killed many powerful Jedi.

Edited by Aurbere

Ventress would win. As much as I dislike her as a character, she would win. She has dueled many members of the Jedi Council, including Luminara Unduli and Plo Koon. While she didn't necessarily defeat either of these Jedi in battle, she survived and that says something about her.

Plo Koon is a master of the Djem So form and a very powerful Force User. Ventress broke Koon's right arm by bringing an avalanche down on him. Plo Koon would catch up to her and defeat her with his left arm.

Unduli was a master of Soresu (not to the extent of Obi-Wan) and was able to hold her own against Ventress while her vision was impaired.

As powerful as Bastila is, she doesn't have the skills or power to hold her own against Ventress, who has killed many powerful Jedi.

most of the time with ventress the reason she survived so long was because she was a coward so saying her surviving fights cant really be used

but i do think she is a better duellist but bastila is extremely skilled in the force ( i think the youngest jedi to of mastered battle meditation (something was not seen in any of the films.))

Edited by turnoverla-page

most of the time with ventress the reason she survived so long was because she was a coward so saying her surviving fights cant really be used

but i do think she is a better duellist but bastila is extremely skilled in the force ( i think the youngest jedi to of mastered battle meditation (something was not seen in any of the films.))

It's the fact that she has defeated Jedi Masters in combat before that makes her able to beat Bastila. Her fights with Plo Koon and Luminara were fights that she couldn't win, but she was able to do some damage. I doubt Bastila would have the same luck.

And yes, Bastila is powerful. But Ventress is in a whole different league.

It's the fact that she has defeated Jedi Masters in combat before that makes her able to beat Bastila. Her fights with Plo Koon and Luminara were fights that she couldn't win, but she was able to do some damage. I doubt Bastila would have the same luck.

And yes, Bastila is powerful. But Ventress is in a whole different league.

From what I saw on the Cartoon - Ventress was beating Luminara (imo a fight Ventress definately could win) and it was Asohka Tano that saved Luminara....(never saw the Plo Koon one - but I can Imagine Plo Koons Physical strength and form V giving Ventress some problems)

And didn't Ventress also beat Kit Fisto in some comic?

So Yep - another vote for Ventress from me - Ventress does have her weaknesses but nothing that I can see Bastilla would be able to exploit....

From what I saw on the Cartoon - Ventress was beating Luminara (imo a fight Ventress definately could win) and it was Asohka Tano that saved Luminara....(never saw the Plo Koon one - but I can Imagine Plo Koons Physical strength and form V giving Ventress some problems)

And didn't Ventress also beat Kit Fisto in some comic?

So Yep - another vote for Ventress from me - Ventress does have her weaknesses but nothing that I can see Bastilla would be able to exploit....

I think the Plo Koon one was in a comic. Anyway. Ventress has beaten Jedi Masters in battle. I doubt Bastila could do the same.

It's been awhile since I watched the Luminara fight, but Ventress was winning.

Edited by Aurbere

People forget that it was Bastiala standing over Revan in that cut scene when Revan is defeated. We know that she had to fight through A LOT of Sith Acoyltes, Apprentices and possibly Lords to reach Revan on the bridge of his own flagship. She may not have defeated Revan herself, but was apparently no slouch and was able to make it to him with a small stike team.

That being said it would be a close fight against Ventress but I'm going to give the edge to Bastila Shan. Bastila would never have backed down from a fight and most likely would have fought to the death against any Sith or Dark Jedi whereas Ventress would turn tail at the slightest indication she was going to get murked. With her double bladed lightsaber at her side and the force as her ally Bastila would win the day.

Edit:

I would also like to see a versus with Brianna the Handmaiden, Visas Marr, Lord Scion and Nomi Sunrider all great Jedi/Sith from that era.

Edited by VigDiath

People forget that it was Bastiala standing over Revan in that cut scene when Revan is defeated. We know that she had to fight through A LOT of Sith Acoyltes, Apprentices and possibly Lords to reach Revan on the bridge of his own flagship. She may not have defeated Revan herself, but was apparently no slouch and was able to make it to him with a small stike team.

That being said it would be a close fight against Ventress but I'm going to give the edge to Bastila Shan. Bastila would never have backed down from a fight and most likely would have fought to the death against any Sith or Dark Jedi whereas Ventress would turn tail at the slightest indication she was going to get murked. With her double bladed lightsaber at her side and the force as her ally Bastila would win the day.

Edit:

I would also like to see a versus with Brianna the Handmaiden, Visas Marr, Lord Scion and Nomi Sunrider all great Jedi/Sith from that era.

Unfortunately for your theory, Jedi and Sith back then would be no match for PT era Jedi and Sith. And Ventress has beaten Jedi Masters in battle. Bastila is really no match for Ventress.

come to think about it. In the Clone Wars Series and the movies you don't see them use force powers very often but in TOR they use the force powers any chance they get.

With that in mind i would have to give it to Bastila.

This is true, Ventress is not particularly powerful in using force powers, her skill is in her lightsaber

Unfortunately for your theory, Jedi and Sith back then would be no match for PT era Jedi and Sith. And Ventress has beaten Jedi Masters in battle. Bastila is really no match for Ventress.

Which is why we only see the top Jedi/Sith from that era. And as far as which era has the more powerful Force users, it's not about the era but the individual. As an individual the Council entrusted Bastila with the mission to take out Revan. That says a lot. Many individual Force users from ALL eras stood out on their own because of their abilities. Bastila was one. Ventress was another.

But in my opinion, Bastila wins. I won't say it would be an easy win. Ventress is cunning and deceptive. But she also allowed Yoda to yank hger lightsabers from her own hands lol. While Bastila lost hers in a crash I doubt she would let ANY Jedi Master take her lightsaber from her. It's engrained in Jedi that the lightsaber is their life.

As Rayla said. Anything from like 1,000 BBY, and beyond is in a different league than anything prior.

Consider that all the jedi in the Jedi Temple were wiped out by a legion of troopers and a lone dark jedi - the jedi/sith of the Prequel era and not categorically stronger than those of the Old Republic era

Consider that all the jedi in the Jedi Temple which amounted to mainly padawans and few knights along with Masters Shaak-Ti and Battle Master Cin Drallig only, were wiped out by a legion of the best trained Clone troopers called the 501st who were trained specifically to kill Jedi and Darth Vader himself, formerly one of the best duellists in the order, even better than other council members, who took out the main threats of the temple - the jedi/sith of the Prequel era are still categorically stronger than those of the Old Republic era, considering the fact that they were only defeated when the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith of all time, split them up as much as possible along the outer-rim, left the temple practically empty of masters, killed four of the best Jedi masters in the Order in one go and converted the Chosen One himself into his Sith Apprentice, then simultaneously wiped out the 15,000 strong Jedi Order with the full strength of the entire Grand Army of the Republic and Republic Fleet in the Great Jedi Purge, against Jedi that were also clouded and had their powers diminished by the imbalance in the Force compared to the Old Republic Era that was almost wiped out and beaten multiple times through multiple wars with Sith that they went on to beat as soon as they stopped being arrogant.

Fixed that for you, it took the most powerful line of the Sith of all time, hiding in the shadows and growing stronger over a thousand years to produce the greatest master manipulator the galaxy ever saw, then have him stack the deck so high against the Jedi Order that he'd already won, to beat them.

Which is why we only see the top Jedi/Sith from that era. And as far as which era has the more powerful Force users, it's not about the era but the individual. As an individual the Council entrusted Bastila with the mission to take out Revan. That says a lot. Many individual Force users from ALL eras stood out on their own because of their abilities. Bastila was one. Ventress was another.

But in my opinion, Bastila wins. I won't say it would be an easy win. Ventress is cunning and deceptive. But she also allowed Yoda to yank hger lightsabers from her own hands lol. While Bastila lost hers in a crash I doubt she would let ANY Jedi Master take her lightsaber from her. It's engrained in Jedi that the lightsaber is their life.

It actually is a matter of era. Pretty much every Jedi Master on the Council is the best in their chosen form ever seen. Ventress has been able to go toe to toe with most of them.

Yoda would walk all over Bastila. His mastery of the Force is the greatest in the PT order and he is the second most powerful Jedi of all time.