Why the novels and books arent a valid sorce of information

Starcheif

Sorry but wikipedia has a list of most of the star wars novel. So does Star Wars wikia. If googling can't come up with any results. The results don't exist. I've been collecting star wars novels for a long long time. There is no such book. This is not an opinion.

This right here exactly. It's not an opinion. It's a fishing line with a troll lure at the end

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing is ever truly lost on the interenet

http://web.archive.org/web/20050205104237/http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/comics/f20000405/indexp2.html

don't see anything about lucas saying make him a clone or bring him back though

Then I'll look some more later as I was sure it was on that site. As stated. This isn't merely a memory problem. I had the quote and source word for word about a year or two ago. Again, it's not so much of a stretch. Lucas lies about a lot of things. The most famous one is the fact that he claims he never planned for 9 movies. Which is incorrect.

Edited by Rhyltran

Whether you want to accept it or not doesn't matter at all. Your opinion is absolutely worthless as far as what is and is not Canon goes. I'm not trying to be mean with this, that's just the truth. The books are gospel as long as they conform to the movies, like it or not *cough*Traviss*cough*, their events happen.

Actualy you are totaly wrong, whataver a individual person or a fan accepts its all that matters. canon and no canon is irrelevant, its all a measure to control this vast universe being created, more of a sidelines for people and artists that ought to create more content, to put on the market, again Geaorge or lucas arts cant force a people to like what they create, much less accepted. Pretty much like not everyone accepts the bible or The Coran the same way. manny people have diferent views on it.

MInd you star wars universe isnt religion, a fan will like and accept what he will, and even if it was a religion he will do the same. You see the consumer is actualy more important then the so called canon, its actualy has the final saying, or you buy the books and you like it, or you dont like it, and chose to ignore most of the so called EU, because lets be honest is crappy reading, no offense to anyone fan of the books, but they arent exactly highlights of american lliteracture. ( i asume most of the books are writen by american writers, but im might be wrong, but you get the point)

Personaly i find the universe interesting, but thats it, some books are more interesting then others but that is completely personal, things that happen or didnt happen it dont matter at all to me this is all a fiction universe, anyways...

If it does not appear in our records, it does not exist.- Jocasta Nu representing Google.

Ha! Some librarian she is, it was in the records but was just deleted! Take that Jocasta! Your suppose to be the chief librarian too. So you can take that to the bank.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Actualy you are totaly wrong, whataver a individual person or a fan accepts its all that matters. canon and no canon is irrelevant, its all a measure to control this vast universe being created, more of a sidelines for people and artists that ought to create more content, to put on the market, again Geaorge or lucas arts cant force a people to like what they create, much less accepted. Pretty much like not everyone accepts the bible or The Coran the same way. manny people have diferent views on it.

MInd you star wars universe isnt religion, a fan will like and accept what he will, and even if it was a religion he will do the same. You see the consumer is actualy more important then the so called canon, its actualy has the final saying, or you buy the books and you like it, or you dont like it, and chose to ignore most of the so called EU, because lets be honest is crappy reading, no offense to anyone fan of the books, but they arent exactly highlights of american lliteracture. ( i asume most of the books are writen by american writers, but im might be wrong, but you get the point)

Personaly i find the universe interesting, but thats it, some books are more interesting then others but that is completely personal, things that happen or didnt happen it dont matter at all to me this is all a fiction universe, anyways...

So by your reasoning I could say "Hey it's my opinion that gravity doesn't exist." Good argument breh

So by your reasoning I could say "Hey it's my opinion that gravity doesn't exist." Good argument breh

I fail to see where or how you could have possibly come to that conclusion. Nothing of what he said states that opinion dictates anything other than one's beliefs. I mean, you could say that is your opinion, nothing is stopping you. Nothing he said would imply that you would be correct for anyone other than yourself.

"george" did not wright all the moves nore did he detract all of them, nore is he or should he be the end of Star Wars even if he is.... so my hole point is who care if george has anything to do with the books?

I fail to see where or how you could have possibly come to that conclusion. Nothing of what he said states that opinion dictates anything other than one's beliefs. I mean, you could say that is your opinion, nothing is stopping you. Nothing he said would imply that you would be correct for anyone other than yourself.

how philosophical, and what utter bull crap. it is my belief that i do not need to pay taxes. lets see how long i get away with that. it might be my belief but it is wrong. its the OP's belief that EU has no meaning in the starwars universe. well it might e the OPs opinion but its still wrong

"george" did not wright all the moves nore did he detract all of them, nore is he or should he be the end of Star Wars even if he is.... so my hole point is who care if george has anything to do with the books?

He did write all of them. By that he wrote the stories of them, which the screenplays are based on the stories he wrote.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

how philosophical, and what utter bull crap. it is my belief that i do not need to pay taxes. lets see how long i get away with that. it might be my belief but it is wrong. its the OP's belief that EU has no meaning in the starwars universe. well it might e the OPs opinion but its still wrong

As I said, nothing is stopping you from stating anything is your belief, just because you believe it does not make it true for anyone other than yourself. You are fighting against the fact that someone can hold said belief and getting hung up on that point.

Nobody has stated that the person that chooses to believe the EU is not part of canon is correct for everybody, just that he is free to believe whatever he wishes to believe. For himself, the EU is not canon, for those that choose to believe it is, it is. With how hard you seem to be fighting against this, you are bordering on being thought police.

Edited by Lewisgil

He did write all of them. By that he wrote the stories of them, which the screenplays are based on the stories he wrote.

That's not entirely true. He wrote the screenplays, but for the original three, he did not write the entire stories by himself.

That's not entirely true. He wrote the screenplays, but for the original three, he did not write the entire stories by himself.

He did write the stories by himself, theres no one else under story written by other then GL. The only screenplay he didn't have a hand in writing was ESB but it still was based on the story he wrote. For the PT, he wrote all 3 of them, same with ANH he wrote that one too. He had another with him write the screenplay for ROTJ though.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He did write the stories by himself, theres no one else under story written by other then GL. The only screenplay he didn't have a hand in writing was ESB but it still was based on the story he wrote. For the PT, he wrote all 3 of them, same with ANH he wrote that one too.

The only one of the the original three that he wrote entirely was A New Hope. The other two were collaborations.

The only one of the the original three that he wrote entirely was A New Hope. The other two were collaborations.

Ya I know, he wrote ANH screenplay, didn't write ESB screenplay, and had help writing the screenplay for ROTJ. He did however write all 3 stories.

my hole point to my post is this tought is a bit off too say the lest, it comes down to who care if gorge did or did not have anything to do with the books? I don't get that point at all, as Star Wars is OR'S not gorge's not the book wright not the screen wright cant seem to spell wrighters ... lol Edited by westraz

GL does has the final say on what goes on in the books but he has given the writers some degree of freedom as long as they follow certain guidelines and rules like the "luke, han, leia, boba, wedge cannot be killed off unless I approve it...etc" and somewhere after thrawn triology was written , he decided that the books and comics has to be all interconnected from that point on.

There was a Q&A session with the writers after njo story arc about the decision regarding chewie and ankain solo death. They said that when they were given permission to write the story arc they were given a list of characters by GL that cannot be killed off w/o his permission and any characters that gonna be killed has to be signed off by him as well.

now i can hear people wonder but what about swtor and kotor 1 and 2... let me adress this to get it out of the way.. these things ARE Aapproved... its bioware and... drum roll..... lucas arts these storys are true and approved by lucas... so remember the books are books... games by lucas arts is valid.

KotOR 1 and 2 are just as approved as every other piece of C Canon, including all of the novels. Also there is, to my knowledge, no series where Luke and Leia had children.

As to your assumption that George Lucas approved KotOR... George Lucas has never played KotOR and knows nothing about it actually. When questioned about the EU, including KotOR Lucas was very clear: "I don't read or play that stuff."

Books are just as valid as games, in fact they are on the same canon level. Please don't disseminate incorrect information like this. It confuses less well informed members of the community.

i know and thats my point it wasent approved but that dosent mean it dosent exist.. like some of the other books who isent approved but is still cosidered canon...

so no im not wrong

Star Chief, you are wrong. I have read every Star Wars novel. All 221 of them. Again at no time was there ever a novel series where Luke and Leia had children. EVER. I have read all of them. Even the really bad ones like Darth Bane that ended in a giant over-the-top Naruto-like final confrontation that made my gag reflex activate.

Star Chief, you are wrong. I have read every Star Wars novel. All 221 of them. Again at no time was there ever a novel series where Luke and Leia had children. EVER. I have read all of them. Even the really bad ones like Darth Bane that ended in a giant over-the-top Naruto-like final confrontation that made my gag reflex activate.

You must have a pretty big bookshelf. :p

You cant compare science to fiction. besides that isnt my point and isnt what i said.

Paying taxes, important in real life, Star wars universe totaly not important and irrelevant, in a any reality whatsoever.

Canon should only matter if one is ought to create more official star wars content, if not it shouldnt spoil the star wars universe for anyone, and it shouldnt didacte how the fans entertain them selfs.

Im not saying that the OP is right obviously already been proved that the whole thing leia and luke isnt part of the cannon or the intended continuity of star wars universe by Lucas, the whole point of this, its that doesnt matter at all is insignificant in comparisson to the tastes of fans, and whims because lest be real its just entertainement one entertain thenselfs the way they see fit, and there is no one much less lucas and his canon to say how the fans should live their star wars experience much less others self entitled fans.

Edited by Spartanik

*bows* And there you have it. The Prof Has Spoken, and he has imparted his wisdom.

For the record, Naruto is only slightly better than DBZ, imo. :) At least fights didn't last 6 to 10 episodes. :D