Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Itís Raining CXP, Daily

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HKtheindomitable
08.30.2017 , 02:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by mrobviousinaz View Post
You should consider leaving it as is, or a least boosted significantly. It is bringing people out around the galaxy.
Ah. That is a good offset to the drop rates. Just boost the amount everything gives. That way OPs still give more CXP, but the dailies are worth doing. And they could give us more ranks, that way each tier takes longer to get through and players don't pass up ranks.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

HKtheindomitable
08.30.2017 , 02:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Rotate it. Maybe not every Heroic every day, but one bonus Heroic per day would be nice to leave it on.
/Signed
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE

AchillesTheLion
08.30.2017 , 02:53 PM | #23
Take your time boss we don't mind.

jimmorrisson
08.30.2017 , 02:57 PM | #24

THANK THE MAKER

Please let everyone know about this bug or how staff refers to bugs: "exploits" - to increase the game's population!

Cosbate
08.30.2017 , 03:04 PM | #25
I haven't logged in to play this game for 6 months because of how bad CXP is, guess you guys got me back for a few days.

HKtheindomitable
08.30.2017 , 03:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post

THANK THE MAKER

Please let everyone know about this bug or how staff refers to bugs: "exploits" - to increase the game's population!

Now now. Nobody said anything about an exploit. Don't confuse people with two different words.

However, let's hope that the boost in player numbers will show them what adjustments are needed. And yes, let everyone you can know about it.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE

bdatt
08.30.2017 , 03:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
You should leave it...I haven't seen Yavin so busy since it was introduced, Eric. There was even actual world PvP there...

It's been great fun while it lasted
Guess this means Jedi Covenant republic side is really dead (or uninformed). I haven't seen double digits in the only PVE instance since the bug happened.

Anyway, is there anyway to keep the extremely high CXP for those <300, but nerf it back once they reach 300? That would introduce a catch up mechanic, but keep the rate of 248 gear gain how it is currently designed. I'd run Ops on my main (once at 300) then dailies on an alt instead of just logging out because the grind is depressing.

MeNaCe-NZ
08.30.2017 , 03:25 PM | #28
Or ya know just don't fix and enjoy many more people actually playing your game.
Amazingly there are actually other players to be seen in instances in the daily areas.

Seriously just think about it for a second ... CXP has driven so many people away the minute there is a bug that means they can get CXP at a reasonable rate they flood back to take advantage. This tell you CXP is a cancer on this game and instead of doing something about that you are instead going to fix the bug so people can again not play your game? That's the opposite of what you should be doing.

Fwiw I did about 3 hours yesterday and went from 85 to 105 (I've never had a 300). That's still going to take me another 10 days just to get to 300 and then farming from there to get BiS.

What this tells me is you should introduce a boost that people can buy (like superior command boost and stacks on top of that) that boosts whichever activity type they want to do by this proportions. So 1125 instead of 75 - 1500% boost.
Sell daily ones, heroic ones etc. etc. and have them so they ONLY work sub 300.

My biggest issue with this system has always been the tiers themselves. If it took me a few weeks or a month doing just the content I want to do to reach that top tier and then a slower grind from there getting the top RNG drops I really wouldn't have as big of a problem with this system.

Please take heed of the enjoyment people are getting from this and re-think what you are doing and how you can make it better for all. I know surely at some stage there must be a tier/gear boost coming in the future so you really need to have a system in place before that happens so people won't feel so daunted by yet another level to have to reach.

New players/returning players are the ones most effect by GC - many forum users have been around so long they've hit 300 multiple times probably so any feedback in that regards from people already at 300 is moot when it comes to attracting back new/returning players.

MeNaCe-NZ
08.30.2017 , 03:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by xmarcusprimex View Post
The crazy amount of CXP from those heroics, are possibly the only way I will ever achieve anything with Galactic Command. (And if Iokath rewarded that much all the time, you can bet your blouse everyone would be doing new content.... rather than it being a complete and total ghosttown)
Afaik it's not the heroics that are buffed, it's the planetary dailies (non heroic).

MeNaCe-NZ
08.30.2017 , 03:35 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Ah. That is a good offset to the drop rates. Just boost the amount everything gives. That way OPs still give more CXP, but the dailies are worth doing. And they could give us more ranks, that way each tier takes longer to get through and players don't pass up ranks.
Who cares what OPs give? They drop unassembled pieces allowing you to effectively bypass CP altogether, that is the draw to doing OPs now, not CXP.

People were already farming FPs as groups to get super quick CXP ( 300 in weeks from what some said and demonstrated in an earlier thread) so need for balance there.
PVP/GSF shouldn't even have to worry about getting gear the same as PVE players but at least this would leave a means to get top tier quicker to make the UC grind more palatable.

And no to more ranks, having each tier take longer to get through is just a plain stupid idea and you are just going backward on the concept of rewarding more CXP if it takes you longer to get to the next tier anyway.