Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Itís Raining CXP, Daily

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Debilatorrex
08.31.2017 , 05:45 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Can't chat, have dailies to do.
haha yeah, same and please leave it as it is!!

GilbertoSilva
08.31.2017 , 05:46 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Until they are fixed next week, enjoy them.
Oh come on, we wanna enjoy them forever like this

DagobertDucky
08.31.2017 , 05:47 AM | #103
Its raining CXP,
Hallelujah,
Its raining CXP,
Amen!!

If it only stayed like this from now on

SmashWindy
08.31.2017 , 05:49 AM | #104
Looking at the thread its totaly obvious that people want this to stay. The Devs should totally see this, CXP is still an issue in the game, even though 5.0 came long time ago, people still seem to struggle getting to rank 300 ON THEIR MAIN!

Personnaly i cant imagine that, but not everyone does the same stuff in game as I do, or has so much time to play. So please for Yodas sake, leave the CXP as it is!!

Ardarell_Solo
08.31.2017 , 06:02 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith
Nice stance on this :-)

Suggestion: Just make the weekly quest award a substantial number of CXP, maybe as high as 10.000.
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

DarthSpuds
08.31.2017 , 06:09 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Another nerf to make the grind longer and harder. When will you people realise you are driving people away by nerfing things that don't need it and with this ridiculous attitude of making the game less fun. All my friends and partner have quit the game because you just don't understand the players need for fun and not work.
Listen to the damn feed back of your players or if you don't care about it, at least be honest and tell us so we stop hanging around in the slim hope you'll get your act together.
I'm already being pressured by my partner and friends to unsub and go play another game and you continue to give them more ammo to convince me,
^ This.

Every time I see a Yellow Post that says "whoops that's giving too much CXP, we are going to lower that to what it should be" I shake my head in disbelief.

There is NOT A PROBLEM with any content giving too much CXP.

The IS A PROBLEM with nearly all content giving TOO LITTLE CXP.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

supertimtaf
08.31.2017 , 06:19 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
^ This.

Every time I see a Yellow Post that says "whoops that's giving too much CXP, we are going to lower that to what it should be" I shake my head in disbelief.

There is NOT A PROBLEM with any content giving too much CXP.

The IS A PROBLEM with nearly all content giving TOO LITTLE CXP.

All The Best
Well, the problem with the current system was that it gived too few crates who already had poor loot chances.
To make this viable and interesting they either had to increase the loot chances of each crate (make a crate have more chance to drop legendary item), which wouldn't require to augment the drop rate of crate (who is quite slow without any cxp boost, making the grind to 300 a real pain, even for a main character).

Or they could do it like this, and increase the cxp reward, so people would get more crates, who would have the same drop rate as before. Who clearly would be best and more interesting. It's basically the same as CM hypercrate. You get a lot of them, with a "chance" of getting interesting gear. This way it keeps people focused on the grind thing, because it can potentially reward way more.

Let's hope we'll see multiple changes like this for other activities as well.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Ahbal
08.31.2017 , 06:31 AM | #108
This "bug" or "exploit" got me back into playing this game. Even WITH the bug, even with the power levelling of galactic command, I am still getting a ton of trash in my command crates. This bug proves more than anything that the galactic command system should be scrapped or have RNG element (in terms of main gear) removed. RNG is fine for cosmetics/pets etc. Yes I know we have tokens however it is still not as good as it was pre 5.0.
Refer link: http://www.swtor.com/r/BYL3jw

It is a win-win

Dak_fireraker
08.31.2017 , 06:32 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith
I believe the "REAL" reason this "bug" is staying for a couple days is b/c Keith didn't want to have to take action against himself for knowingly using this CXP "exploit."
Solstie
Solqitta & Solahmar
(& Various other toons) - Shadowlands & Jung Ma server

VirtualMorrigan
08.31.2017 , 06:39 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Dak_fireraker View Post
I believe the "REAL" reason this "bug" is staying for a couple days is b/c Keith didn't want to have to take action against himself for knowingly using this CXP "exploit."
I'd be VERY surprised if he actually played to get things, instead of spawning them via console or something. Seriously. I know he's pulling the "one of us gamers" card hard, but come on. You can't really be swallowing that hook, line and sinker, can you?