SWTOR - A confused Republic trooper

NightWolf_Killa

Hello forum, so I recently just got back into playing SWTOR, I have just started playing Shadow of Revan, and I've played before but I have a glaring question to ask. When TF did my trooper find out about Vitiate/Sith Emperor being dead? I played straight through the Story ending, Makeb, and am now entering Shadow of Revan, and nowhere do they mention in the slightest the Sith Emperor's death, I mean shouldn't Saresh have pointed it out after Makeb? Considering it's literally all that matters from this point forward, I think this may be an inexcusably poor example of BW writing. If it comes up later in SoR, like before the main battle or something okay, but if not then I must reiterate .. ***.

Thanks

May the Force be with You, Always

If you play through the Imperial side of Makeb, the very end cinematic is a scene where (not really spoilers here) Darth Marr shows you, the Imperial Player Character, a broadcast from Supreme Chancellor Saresh to the entire Republic heralding the Jedi Knight Character's success at "defeating" the Emperor at the conclusion of the Jedi Knight story. It's sorta like when Obama got on TV to tell America that Bin Laden was no more. Everyone in the Republic and the Empire knows that the Emperor is "dead" at the conclusion of Makeb. So at the start of Shadow of Revan, the trooper would know all about it.

If you play through the Imperial side of Makeb, the very end cinematic is a scene where (not really spoilers here) Darth Marr shows you, the Imperial Player Character, a broadcast from Supreme Chancellor Saresh to the entire Republic heralding the Jedi Knight Character's success at "defeating" the Emperor at the conclusion of the Jedi Knight story. It's sorta like when Obama got on TV to tell America that Bin Laden was no more. Everyone in the Republic and the Empire knows that the Emperor is "dead" at the conclusion of Makeb. So at the start of Shadow of Revan, the trooper would know all about it.

this

Also keep in mind, there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don't see. The story spans years, there is going to be information the characters pick up without having to spell out every little detail. That would be boring and pointless.

Don't all possible classes find out that the Sith emperor is assumed dead during the Ilium/False emperor Storyline when Malgus loudly proclaims himself to be the new emperor with all the typical Sith theatralics and dramatically saying "The emperor is dead long live the new emperor". I think that whole storyline is still a purple (read important for the overall story) plot arc yes?

Otherwise your trooper would have found out offscreen about it during the earlier mentioned holonet speech from Saresh and Satele about this very subject.

Edited by fovzwk