Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanks and 6-7k aoe crits this is ridiculous!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tanks and 6-7k aoe crits this is ridiculous!!!

Alexdaphnis
02.15.2012 , 07:54 AM | #1
Having heavy armour , shield , defensive abilties etc and they can crit for 6-7 k aoe is just absurd , what was in developers mind i have no clue and please stop with that moron argument that it needs 2 prerequisite many classes do this and dont get so high dmg and aoe included it ruins any kind of balance

Redial
02.15.2012 , 07:58 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexdaphnis View Post
Having heavy armour , shield , defensive abilties etc and they can crit for 6-7 k aoe is just absurd , what was in developers mind i have no clue and please stop with that moron argument that it needs 2 prerequisite many classes do this and dont get so high dmg and aoe included it ruins any kind of balance
i have a 50 jugg in full champ minus one tionese and 3 or 4 vindicators, and a columni shield.

I am rage spec, i stack a rakata surge stim with a surge relic and i have never gotten
the 5k dmg medal. 4800 lots of times but never 5k

maybe im doing something wrong, maybe i havent found the right fresh to 50 to pray on
/shrug

just seems everyone screaming OMG! 7k crits everywhere!..... well where are mine?

andytheape
02.15.2012 , 07:59 AM | #3
I know right! I also hate how the healers can instantly heal themselves and all teammates close to them for 6-7k all the time!

And then the dps, where do I even begin... I mean, being able to actually ONE-SHOT people is just not fair. 18k crits should not be possible. Nerf dps. And that thing where they hit everyone around them for the same damage? Instant win button. Not fair.

Not sure if trolling.

EDIT: I seem to be the only one actually questioning those numbers. Can tanks actually crit for 6-7k? I don't care if it's with buffs or not, can they do it at all? If so, then that is insanely overpowered.
..:: The Jedi Order ::..
< PvE Europe >
Guild Headquarters

Cobrawastaken
02.15.2012 , 08:00 AM | #4
I agree and disagree. When (If) they fix how buggy the AOE dmg works (half the time it doesn't hit people in range), and also when (if) they fix how the tanks heavy armor + shield work (Heavy armor seems to make no difference and shields only work against white hits), then I agree. But as it is now a "tank" can spec the same as a non tank and basically be identical.

Malleki
02.15.2012 , 08:03 AM | #5
Well the surge nerf yesterday should have taken the edge off the really big crits, only someone with high PvP gear + buffs vs someone without should get 6-7k crits now. I'd imagine an average of 4-5k which isnt that unusual for a DPS build character. Heavy armor is only useful verses normal damage hits, which are only a small percentage of the damage floating around the battlefield.

Also a Focus build guardian (which I assume your referring to) has very unreliable DPS in general. The AoE as you mentioned requires a setup, and has a very small AoE range. It requires you to get in the middle of everyone to use. If the damage of the other abilities of a Focus guardian was high, then I'd agree with you but it's pretty much an 'All your eggs in one basket' build.

It's not overpowered since the Stims/Adrenal stacking was nerfed. Now Surge has been knocked back as well. Personally I find it too much of a one-shot wonder to play as one. I switched to Vigilance spec.
Jasec Usoko - 50 Vigilance Guardian - Bloodworthy (EU)

Eager
02.15.2012 , 08:05 AM | #6
Having heavy armour , shield , defensive abilties etc and they can crit for 6-7 k aoe
Nah, that's the elusive 31/31/31 build in action.

Ya know, Assault Plastique -> Incendiary Round -> HIB -> Storm -> Gut -> Stockstrike -> some Commando's knockback -> Blitz = x.x

Seriosuly though, I've gotten the 2.5 one a few times with relic and adrenal on my Shield spec in Supercommando armor. What if I spec assault, stack more Aim instead of End and wear a crit/surge armor? HIB ignores 60% of it so in theory it can maybe crit a fresh 50? Or not a HIB but an Assault Plastique? Just tninkin'.

Alexdaphnis
02.15.2012 , 08:07 AM | #7
I m bit lazy to search for every screenshots etc...just take this video and enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLo3st0rqg ..posted wrong video and edited

Lets talk after you watch this video and yeah is after 1.1

andytheape
02.15.2012 , 08:08 AM | #8
I m bit lazy to search for every screenshots etc...just take this video and enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWx_mcAQBY

Lets talk after you watch this video and yeah is after 1.1
He's fighting pre-50 players, so it's not after 1.1. Also it was uploaded the 12th of January. Go back to your cave troll.

On-topic: If tanks can crit 6-7k in pvp they obviously need a nerf.
..:: The Jedi Order ::..
< PvE Europe >
Guild Headquarters

Redial
02.15.2012 , 08:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by andytheape View Post
He's fighting pre-50 players, so it's not after 1.1. Also it was uploaded the 12th of January. Go back to your cave troll.
boom. roasted.

Alexdaphnis
02.15.2012 , 08:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Redial View Post
boom. roasted.
sry my mistake real video edited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLo3st0rqg