Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

World PvP and where to find it...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
World PvP and where to find it...

RaulTheConquerer
02.15.2012 , 12:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by foeshow View Post
I recently hit 50 on Shadowtown and am amazed at how horrible open world pvp is. One of my guildies said it best "if hell froze over, they would call it Ilum"..Nate Dogg. So my question is this... does world PvP exsist on any server? I have read several posts on here stating prophecy of the five was the place to be for large scale ilum fights yet every time I have checked numbers there i find 10-20 republic and 40-60 empirials on Ilum.
The closest thing to PVP SWTOR has got is Huttball. Open world PVP is an endangered animal. You really have to hunt for it. And when you find it, you leave empty handed. Not so much as a pelt for your troubles.

DirtyDiggler
02.15.2012 , 12:44 AM | #12
PvP We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away!

This made me laugh so hard........ yea im blown away alright..... by the 2 frames per sec..... lagfest that the so called best pvp devs has bestowed on the gaming world....

foeshow
02.15.2012 , 09:24 AM | #13
I'm still hoping or maybe even dreaming I guess of them turning Ilum "objectives" in to a keep system like daoc.. then the underpop side has a chance at defending with lower numbers. As far as a reward goes what greater reward do you get then the since of accomplishment from "I/we win"?

It would be nice to have server forums also to promote PvP....Nothing says loving like smack talk.
"Here thou shall come, but no further" Jobs 38:11

Malice_Nihilim
02.15.2012 , 09:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by foeshow View Post
This is true.... I guess my dreams of anything near DAoC are lost in a world of suck. Guess i'll stay on shadowtown.
check out Dominus (the game, not the server)
My Armor is Contempt, My Shield is Disgust, My Sword is Hatred
In the Emperor's Name, let None Survive!

~~~PLAGUE~~~