I think the empire might win the war....

Nalathemaster

It's been confirmed that the "Once more the Sith shall rule the galaxy" thing was referring to Darth Ruin and the Republic Dark Age. Much of what the movies refer to regarding the Sith and the Republic is referring to the Ruusan Reformations and the like.

It's been confirmed that the "Once more the Sith shall rule the galaxy" thing was referring to Darth Ruin and the Republic Dark Age. Much of what the movies refer to regarding the Sith and the Republic is referring to the Ruusan Reformations and the like.

Ah, Well I kind of want the empire to win,They don't win NEARLY enough imo

My prediction as of right now:

I think that as the Dark Council continues to get killed off, its members will eventually be replaced with more dovish members that call for another truce. Supreme Chancellor Saresh will refuse and begin a genocide of the Empire like Revan wanted, similar to the end of the Great Hyperspace War. Saresh will eventually be killed and the war will end with a decimated Empire being assimilated into the Republic, with most surviving Sith converting, fleeing, or facing execution.

Palpatine says in one of those awful prequels that the Republic has stood for a thousand years. So clearly that iteration of the Republic is not the same as the one as in our game, which takes place longer ago than that. Therefore that does leave the possibility that the Empire could win this conflict, only to fall again later and another Republic rise from its ashes.

If so then history seems doomed to repeat itself endlessly in this particular far-away galaxy.

France is currently on her Fifth Republic. I wonder how many Galactic Republics there have been?

Palpatine says in one of those awful prequels that the Republic has stood for a thousand years. So clearly that iteration of the Republic is not the same as the one as in our game, which takes place longer ago than that. Therefore that does leave the possibility that the Empire could win this conflict, only to fall again later and another Republic rise from its ashes.

If so then history seems doomed to repeat itself endlessly in this particular far-away galaxy.

France is currently on her Fifth Republic. I wonder how many Galactic Republics there have been?

Again Ruusan Reformations i.e. the reorganization of the Republic from old to new.

That is what they are talking about.

Well all that lot's out the window now, ain't it? Clean slate. Anything might have happened, and all that stuff probably didn't happen.
It was all established by George Lucas so... unlikely.

EDIT: Darth Bane has also been canonized, a key figure in that period.

Edited by Beniboybling

I personally love the idea of the Empire gaining the upper hand (not winning). But really have the Empire take over most of the galaxy, only to have to the Republic come back and win. I agree that the Empire doesn't win enough, and we all know that in the end the Republic will win. I just wanna see a good beat down by the Empire, followed by the typical but always cool "under dog" victory by the Republic

the empire will fail due to this one fact.

all 4 pub toons help the republic

out of the empire you have

2 internal sith power strugles that drain imperial resources

1 bad *** spy who by this point proably hates every major fation for screwing them over and now has the space iluminatis resources

1 bounty hunter who lead to the rise of a much better republic leader

with firends like that the empire really doesn't need a rivle to ensure its face palm induceing fail.

who will win in the exotic "mix" of eras in the game is hard to say.

By the more cannon, the emperor ( Palpatine) dies, but the war rages on for years.

After the "New Republic" and the "New Jedi Order" is established there is still decades of turmoil, With remnant imperial forces and later a New empire before a New threat from outside the Galaxy comes in.

As to what era this game is set it it seems to me a mix between what is called the "old Republic" and the era arund the republic's fall, the clone WARs and the beginning of the rebelion and later the galactic civil war,

Still for obvious reasons the apperance at least of the emperor is changed and none of the well known characters are here. Some are however relatives of characters from KOTOR ( and other star WARs "universes").

So to me at least the game "time line" is at best confusing.

In the old times long before the rule of two the sith "was" an empire growing and in Battle With a "Republic".

However Things were very very different. Here the Jedi temple on Coruscant is destroyed, it shouldn't be until long after it has been destroyed in an ancient war ( then tython). so there are some conflicts withing the game's timeline, but I suppose in order to really have something they need do that, and to me it Works well enough.

Maybe my theory is skewed due to the fact i have 6 imperial toons but.......

The empire has to win. The republic may strike back and snatch victory but at this present moment it would be impossible, downright impossible for the republic to win. The first thing i must discuss is the willpower of the civilian in both nations. The imperial populace is not only brave, valorous and sometimes downright fanatical and honestly not for a bad reason. When you destroy and entire nation, crush their dreams and their hopes demolishing their culture in the process you will only feed the flame. And from this flames a new world order will arise, a new world order bent on revenge. Many historical examples i can link to would include the french revolution, the american revolution, the third reich under hit*ler, the red revolution of china and many others. The people of these nations are united by their hate their fear and their desire to create a new world in which their children may live in bliss and peace. Now we look at the republican population. Quoting Machiavelli in his book "The Prince" "I say at once there are fewer difficulties in holding hereditary states, and those long accustomed to the family of their prince"fragmented by a age of social elites repressing the common people the republican population is only concerned about scrapping by, trying to pinch every and other penny. Trying to survive in a world where the leaders think that petty constitutions will feed the people.It comes to no suprise that their are no willing zealots in the republics military, considering how even a grand marshal would surrender to save his life (grand marshal Cheketta on balmora) we can see how your average cannon folder republic will not sacrifice his life for "the greater good"

The next portion of my argument is on the ideology that "light and justice" will always triumph over "darkness and evil"

The reason in which i will be discussing this is due to the fact that an overwhelming portion of the discussions end with "the empire is evil so it will lose" No this is not the case. Evil, lies, villain, justice, truth and hero is nothing more than the flip sides of the same card. If hi*tler had won in world war 2 he would be a hero and the "imperialist dogs" would have been the villains. If Obama lied and got away with it will be remembered as the truth, if the communist block did not fall and their NATO counterparts did then communism would be justice and democracy will be evil. The end fact is that no just because some of the empires actions are slightly dubious it does not make them "evil" and therefore remove them from the race to victory.

My final argument is on the technological differences. The republic most certainly posses weapons of mass destruction (hammer station) yet they are unwilling to use it. No in a war of life and death the ends do justify the means. If victory is mine than there is all there is to it. Saint Georges may have said "if i must win without my integrity then we must choose to win another day" yet a better saying would be "glory is a fools prize and honor is of no use to the dead"

Without the republics trump card of being "justice" to protect them and combined with the facts that the republic is overly "humane" as if it meant anything in a universe full of aliens and then considering the fact that the will of the republics population is significantly less stable than that of their imperial opposites I must conclude that the republics will fall to the empire. Quoting the emperor "My life spans millennias. Legions have risen to test me. […] My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same." and so will be the fall of the republic.

skewed?? no way! The Emperor would have to be killed before the Imperials could win, because of the fact that he wants to preform that ritual that would destroy all life in the galaxy. And since there's till life in the galaxy at the time of Ep. 1, he obviously failed in that and was killed.